Thread: A can of pop.

A can of Soda

How bad is a can of pop to drink? I love pop! i only drink about 1 can a day. i try not to. why should i stop? or should i evan stop?
    And it is ok to eat after 7PM?

Or should i say a can of soda for the above post
    Last edited by Maddawg; 12-14-2004 at 09:16 PM.

Say pop, soda is for the crazy americans
    Drink diet pop instead. Pop is bad because of the sugar content.
    and eat after 7pm, please.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

ya coke (im a victim of the mass commercializing into calling "pop" or "soda" coke now) isn't too bad for you and it sounds liek you've been cutting down...but regular stuff has a lot of sugar in it and the carbonation dehydrates so those are the downfalls but if you drink diet stuff then u don't have the sugar problem but still have the dehydration problem...i would suggest SLOWLY phasing coke out of your diet and replacing it with water (preferably) or somethin other than coke...

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

and to anwser your second question...yes it is ok...usually more ok when your on a bulk...but u should try and get some slow-digesting protein before bed to prevent muscle catabolism while you sleep...

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

i think drinking diet pop is probably even worse than drinking normal pop. Usually because it has a lot more chemicals in it than normal pop. But if your willing to drink pop, you might as well drink diet
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianRocket
    i think drinking diet pop is probably even worse than drinking normal pop. Usually because it has a lot more chemicals in it than normal pop. But if your willing to drink pop, you might as well drink diet
    Your conclusion didn't follow any of your premises; that really made no sense.

I'd avoid pop altogether, diet or regular, but there's worse things you could be doing to your body.

Quote Originally Posted by Vido
    Your conclusion didn't follow any of your premises; that really made no sense.

I'd avoid pop altogether, diet or regular, but there's worse things you could be doing to your body.

Im not worried of getting fat. i could gain 10 pounds and still not get fat.
    I was just wondering if it affects muscle growth

Quote Originally Posted by RussianRocket
    You mean like aspartame?

It's just a dipeptide of phenylalanine and aspartate. I guess amino acids are harmful now, better not have any whey.
    That's a picture of Scarlett Johansson.

ironically, many people are still convinced aspartame is carcinogenic, and causes all sorts of other ailments, despite a study of lab rats ingesting enough aspartame to sweeten 1000 cans of diet pop every day yeilding a null result.

it's even approved by "Health Canada", who have banned everything even remotely suspicious, like ephedra, and nearly 99% of food colourings.

you've probably heard of that organization, eh, "vapour trails"?
    Last edited by echo85; 12-15-2004 at 03:37 PM.
    -Clark

always hungry
    i read research that aspartame actually killed some of the rats, which were resucitated and therefore were accounted as living in the final report, and aslo several other rats in the same batch group where found to have developed wholes in their brains.

There where roughly 150 official studies into aspartame before its official approval,
    and all of the independant tests (70 odd) showed that aspartame was not safe for human consumption, and the rest (all funded by nutrasweet) claimed that it was perfectly safe.

I stand on the line here in my own opinion, since i personally avoid any food that isnt of natural origin.

But you cannot deny that 10% of aspartame is infact methanol, and this chemical in a warm environment (30 deg) breaks down and releases formic acid. This is metabolised into formaldehyde by the body, now you should all realise that this is infact not good.

The only defence ive seen from the nutrasweet arguement seems to be based on half truths, and nothing solid or compounding has convinced me that they have faith in their own views.
    But its up to you what you put in your bodies, make your own decisions.

Can't lift for trying
    I drink Pepsi Max. At least 1 * 2 litres every single day and sometimes 4 litres per day. On Friday/Saturday and Sunday I drink a minimum of 4 litres and have even drunk 6 litres on a Sat and Sun.

I find it keeps my really strong sweet cravings locked away. Otherwise I would be munching on packets and packets of chocolate Hobnob biscuits all the time.

Trying to learn on the fly
    i have a question. assuming you drink enough water to counter the dehydrating effects of the pop and if you are drinking diet, will you see positive effects from the caffiene?

always hungry
    caffeine crashes your metabolism, but some ppl do use it for cutting.
    Green tea i think is what a lot of ppl use for caffeine, but personally i think u should all go cold turkey and drink water. Cravings will dominate your diet if u dont make an effort to kick them.