Page 11 of 246 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Guido's Training Log

Damn bro, NICE session. ATF Squats and then Reg. Squats= BRUTAL. Great job man. I was hopin' I'd be able to catch you on squats, but looks like I'll have to revamp my routine if I wanna do that.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Quote Originally Posted by SobaAddict70
    What are decline rocky situps?

Wheelz session lookin' good.

Stash
    Rocky situps are when you touch each knee with the opposite arm on each situp rep. If you watch Rocky you'll know what I'm talking about.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Guido Did We Train Today?
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Sorry didn't post yesterday. Went out with friends since it my buddy's birthday. Looong night! :alcoholic Here is my crazy Arms and Deltmaster workout from Friday evening:

January 28, 2005

Arms and Shoulders

Workout:
    repsXweight
    bold #'s in () = PR

DB Overhead Press
    10x65's (+2r)
    8x65's
    7x65's

BB Bicep Curl
    10x80
    7x80
    6x80

DB French Press Continuing to make BIG gains on this
    11x75 (+3r)
    9x75 (+1r)
    8x75

Alternating DB Hammer Curls
    9x35's (+1r)
    8x35's
    5x40's (+5)

Tricep Cable Pulldowns (Rope)
    8x140
    7x140
    7x140

Upright Row
    10x90 (+2r)
    8x90
    8x90

DB Concentration Curls
    8x40's (+1r)
    6x40's
    8x30's Bi's were destroyed

Tricep Dips
    11xBW+45 (+2r)
    9xBW+45
    8xBW+45

Abs
    Ab Machine 12x150 (+2r), 9x165 (+1r), 8x165

Cardio/Activities:
    Yup.

Other:
    Stretching

Comments:
    Not bad. Even though I didn't gain on everything, I could tell that even on the things I didn't increase in weights or reps on it was slightly easier. Next week I may move up in weight on one or more sets of most everything. Gym wasn't as packed as usual so made it in and out in less than 1 hr 15 min. Not bad for me!
    Last edited by Guido; 06-20-2005 at 11:02 AM.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

ha! deltmaster great session
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Nice Deltmaster workout man. And damn you. You've almost caught me on those OH Presses.
    Last edited by Stackattack; 01-30-2005 at 12:50 AM.

nice over head pressing G man your making me look bad.. but tahts cool i like a good comp :-)

very impressive w/o G man your strength just keeps on coming so you know what thta means right.. Keep eating!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    You only gained on 10 sets dude. What a crappy day.

Awesome work.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Impressive curl jockey session G. (kidding. it's pretty damn good actually.)

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

nice work on them arms guido.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

Overhead presses lookin great bro, as well as pretty much everything else in your workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Stackattack
    Nice Deltmaster workout man. And damn you. You've almost caught me on those OH Presses.
    Ha! Thou shalt be defeated!

Thanks for all the comments Chubby, Orb, mase, gf, Crippmeister, and Stack. Whew! I can't keep up with all this love

Tomorrow = Crazy chest/back day. No deads this time, as I'm letting my back heal itself. Getting better but just want to play it safe. Don't worry, I'll go crazypsychoinsane on everything else
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

^^ Hey your wife just started a journal. Do you guys always lift together?
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Quote Originally Posted by Guido
    Ha! Thou shalt be defeated!

Thanks for all the comments Chubby, Orb, mase, gf, Crippmeister, and Stack. Whew! I can't keep up with all this love

Tomorrow = Crazy chest/back day. No deads this time, as I'm letting my back heal itself. Getting better but just want to play it safe. Don't worry, I'll go crazypsychoinsane on everything else
    you go guido! i'm glad your wife sarted a journal!

gain 50lbs-Anthony

very nice curl jockying. Now that your wife is posting does that mean I have to sensor myself?
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Quote Originally Posted by superior_will
    ^^ Hey your wife just started a journal. Do you guys always lift together?
    Yes, I usually go with Lynn and one or both of my neighbors down the street. I'm getting everybody into it.

Quote Originally Posted by getfit
    guido! i'm glad your wife sarted a journal!
    She's been interested in it and I finally encouraged her to just do it. Might as well since we've been tracking her workouts along with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ectx
    nice curl jockying. Now that your wife is posting does that mean I have to sensor myself?
    Nah. I don't have a problem. Now her on the other hand...
    Last edited by Guido; 01-31-2005 at 11:21 AM.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

Sup, peeps. Did chest/back today. I can't believe I'm already on week 8 of this routine. No DL's today for the sake of the back, but I did mix some things up a bit, doing decline BB bench and Incline press with DB's. Not as many gains as I was really concentrating on good form with nice slow reps. Here it is:

January 24, 2005

Week 8

Chest/Back

Workout:
    repsXweight
    PR = Bold

Dead Lift
    Nope

Decline BB Bench Press (Huge PR on this!)
    10x165 (+2r)
    8x185 (+2r)
    5x205 (+10) Yeah!
    0x225 Close! Should have rested more before this. Still would have got 220.

DB Shrugs
    10x95's (+5)
    10x95's
    10x95's

Incline DB Press Haven't done these in a while. Chest was blasted.
    10x70's
    8x70's
    6x70's

Bentover BB Row Slow and controlled
    10x135
    8x145
    8x145

Weighted Dips
    12xBW+45 (+10)
    10xBW+45
    8xBW+45

Weighted Pull Ups
    7xBW+25 Close Grip (+1r)
    6xBW+25 Neutral Grip
    6xBW+10 Chin
    6xBW Chin

Abs
    None

Cardio/Activities:
    Nay,

Other:
    Stretching

Comments: Today was a great chest day. I guess those DB presses have been doing me some good. I tried decline BB bench for the first time in a LONG time and made massive gains since the last time. My previous PR for any bench 1RM was 200lbs. I managed 5x205! I decided what the hell and tried 2pps (225) but probably didn't rest long enough. I was still REAL close to getting it up. My spotter, Lynn, barely had to help me on it. I would have gotten 220 even with such little rest. Damn weaker left arm!

Also tried DB incline press for the first time in while. Not bad but not used to it. I can almost do as much on DB Overhead Presses (then again, my chest was pretty exhausted). Weighed myself again: 165! I reached my short term weight goal. Now I'm going for 170 (I started my bulk at 148 lbs) by March. I'm sure it won't be hard. Might maintain for a little while after that.

My gym pass expires after today. Gonna have to renew tomorrow or no more lifting!

There was a good editorial in the university newspaper today on why aren't there more women that lift weights. Good observations. Maybe I'll post tomorrow.

As always, comments and critiques appreciated.

P.S. If you get a chance, check out my wife's journal. She just started one under the name lynnlynn7.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

ace session G man... bench looking strong and so does the oH DB press.. guess ill have to go real big tonight on those just for you :-)
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Nice, nice, nice.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

solid session there guido!

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Solid workout effort man.

Awesome workout man. Decline bench PR looking solid.

Very nice indeed.

What a coincidence that today is bench/back day.

*takes some inspiration*

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Wannabebig New Member
    Hello Guido,
    My name is Laura, Im a student from Germany and right now me and some friends are doing a project in school with sports and english. Im graduating this year from high school (in germany we have 13 school years) and this is gonna be one of our last project. Since our projekt is about the difference between "extrem big people" and "sport -lovers" in America we use the example bodybuilding for the "sport lover" group. By searching on the Internet I found this page and your profile. We were woundering if you could answer us some questions for our projekt... Like: why did you start bodybuilding, what do you like about it, how often do you practice, do you eat special food, do you avoid any food, do you take supplements? If you are interessted in helping us out, it would be very kind of you to answer us those questions. For more infomation or questions write me an email: lfreidank@web.de[/email]
    Thanks in advance! Laura
    Last edited by Laura; 02-01-2005 at 09:30 AM.

Damn, look at boy, already got some international fans lol. Great job with the workout bro. Dips look great man, wish I could still do em *tear* haha.