Page 146 of 246 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 6127

Thread: Guido's Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by lilmase1153 View Post
    yeah man you cant keep me out of the gym, I get in at least 4 days with weights.. My lifts as in the big 3 are worthless, A slightly torn pec and a fugded up RC kept me flat benching anything more than 1pps for a little over a year now.. I can still put up 100lbs DBs on incline when I wanna, but I normally hit the 80-85lbs DBs for reps of 10-12 on incline since thats all I really do now.

the rest of my lifts are not quite as strong but I dont really do any PLing movements. I still hit some Oly lifts (185 clean & push press) just anything to improve atheletic performance and my overall sexiness..

So enough about me, how is everything with you and Lynn ya know aside from Lifting.. Like how is the WRX doing these days
    Good to hear man. Sucks about the pec, but it sounds like you're working through it and staying active how you can. The sign of a true warrior.

The Lynnster and Peanut are great. Lynn's getting he PhD now and Peanuts still Peanut, sitting around and basking in the sun.

The Rex is running great. No problems, and I still take it to the autocross every once in a while. I've done 3 this year and I've won my class all three times.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

good luck at the meet man.
    PRs: B/S/D/T 235/295/435/965
    My Journal

New Goal: Explore my body's potential

Thanks, Lion.

BTW, everyone, I am now officially a MOD. That's right. So beware.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Thanks, Lion.

the power!!!!

Tear it up at the meet homey.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Oooohhhh Nooooo!!!!!!!!

Right on G man you totally deserve it and I cant wait to see you pwn some nOOb..
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Quote Originally Posted by lilmase1153 View Post
    Oooohhhh Nooooo!!!!!!!!

Right on G man you totally deserve it and I cant wait to see you pwn some nOOb..
    Ha ha, you know it's coming eventually.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

whats a mod? can i be the noob?
    My Journal

Let's see. *check post count and stats* Looks like you already are.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

Let's see. *check post count and stats* Looks like you already are.
    sad, but true. i will eat your dog for protein:evillaugh
    My Journal

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Thanks, Lion.

Uh oh...

Oh! So now when you and I e-flirt no one will tell us to knock it off....

Congrats!!!
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Quote Originally Posted by TheLion View Post
    sad, but true. i will eat your dog for protein:evillaugh
    Not much protein there, FYI. You might only get 1 pound of meat off of him. I know, I've contemplated it myself.

J/K Peanut!
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

Quote Originally Posted by TheLion View Post
    whats a mod? can i be the noob?
    no one important
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

only guido is
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

i found out. its a FAQ.
    My Journal

Good luck at the meet, dude!
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

The preparations have been made, now let's see the lift!! Good luck Guido, easy weight!
    Lynn

"When life gives you lemons, just say 'no thanks'." - Henry Rollins

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Woooooooooork!!!!!
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Good Luck.Go kick some serious a**

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Thanks, everyone. I'm leaving up to Chicago in a couple of hours. I'M SO PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

Woooooooooot!!! Me too big dog! I'm looking at around 132.4 for my weight... I should definitely make it!! See ya tomorrow!!
    - rEDfURY
    Powerlifting since Sept 2006
    My PL Training Journal

Philippians 4:13

"To give anything less that your best is to sacrifice the gift" - Pre

Good luck! And slap Rene around a bit. He needs some motivation.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by getfit View Post
    Good Luck.Go kick some serious a**
    Light weight baaaabby!!! Nuthin but a peanut(not your dog).
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

APF/AAPF Summer Bash - Willowbrook, IL 6-30-07

Neal (RedFury) and I were both competing for Illini Powerlifting at the Summer Bash, with Royce Greenberg helping out. Roger Ryan lifted for Team Lockup and also helped judge. Roger was doing bench only, and Neil and I competed in Full Power. Neal lifted all Raw, and I competed Raw in squat, but used a shirt and suit for bench and DL respectively.

Neil weighed in right around 132, and I weighed in at a light 205.6.

The site was Velocity Sports Performance, which is a decent facility in which to lift, albeit a bit smaller than Collinsville. This was my first attempt at a full power meet and all in all it went pretty well.

Neal kicked things off for us nailing his opener on squat quite easily. He started off with around 270 and got plenty of depth. I don't think he thought it felt that easy so he then moved up to only around 286. That one just flew up and again depth was not a problem. So Neal went for 303, which is a meet and all-time Raw PR, and he gutted it out for a good lift! 3 white lights for Neal and a great start to the meet!

Next it was my turn. I was unsure as to how the monolift thing worked at first, but I figured it out by watching the other lifters. I opened with a VERY easy 407.7 squat which I buried. I then decided to go for a belt + wraps PR and went for 440.7 with my second attempt. I got it on m back and it felt light to me. I went down and everything felt perfect, so just below parallel I shot it up and got 3 white lights! I may have had 450 in me that day but I passed on a 3rd attempt because I wanted to save my strength for a shot at a 551 DL.

After the squats, it was time for bench only benchers. Roger Ryan was there trying to surpass his own Masters bench record PR. His first attempt was about 622, and it was a joke for him. 3 white lights. The second attempt was for 711 lbs. I think he misgrooved it a bit and could just not quite lock it out. I thin he was pissed about this, because he went for 711 again on his third attempt and it just flew up like the barbell was filled with helium! 3 white lights and (I think) a PR for Roger Ryan! He just keeps adding to his pounages and his legend.

After the bench only lifters, it was time for Full Power and Ironman benchers to take the stage. Neal started it off in good fashion with a ridiculously easy 225 raw opener. This opener broke the State record for the AAPF 132lb Open class. Neal would push his record even higher with a flawless 248lbs on his second attempt. It seemed that he was getting very slow press commands (sometimes it seemed like up to 2 second pauses) on all his attempts, but it did not stop him from making his lifts. On his third attempt, Neal went for 259lbs. This one was tough, but he called up all his intestinal fortitude and was able to lock it out nice and even. 3 white lights for Neal.

It was my turn to bench and I was confident enough in the shirt to go ahead and open in it, instead of opening raw as I have in past meets. I opened with 391lbs and it was no problem, though it felt tougher than it should have. I always feel like my opening lift is tough, though, so I stuck with my plan and went for a meet and all-time PR of 407.7 for my second attempt. Royce's handoff was perfect and once I touched I knew it was going up, though it took every ounce of strength I had. I managed to lock it out and keep my butt on the bench and got 2 white lights. Good lift! I again passed on a third attempt because I knew I had nothing more to give on bench and was seeing halos around the lights and my vison was hazy for a while. Plus my back was sore from my extreme arching! Not a good sign when I still had deadlifts to do.

Neal performed quite admirable on the third and final lift, the deadlift. Lifting Raw again, he made his opener of 380 look like child's play. He decided he would attempt 435 for his second lift. This would be a 10lb Raw PR for Neal. I think something did not feel right for Neal on his second attempt, though, and he could not get the weight of the floor. He then dug deep down and on his third attempt, again with 435, he got it off the floor and was looking good as it passed his knees. It slowed down, but Neal fought through it and the bar kept moving slowly upwards, but then he slightly lost his balance and while trying to correct the bar moved down an inch before Neal was able to finally lock it out. The downward motion made the lift not count, but Neal did make the lift. Very impressive effort for Neal!

On my first attempt, I opened with 485lbs. It went up easily and I got 3 white lights. However, this was my last lift that would count. I jumped up to 551 on my second attempt with the intent of getting a PR and my first 550+ pull. However, it was not to be, as I was just too spent from squat and bench. In hindsight, I probably should have gone for 545, which would have tied my PR, but then hindsight is always 20/20. I got 551 off the floor and passed my knees quickly, but then it got stuck just above my knees and I literally held the bar there, fighting to lock it out for 10 seconds. Neal actually timed my lift and the entire lift lasted for 13 seconds before I was finally told to drop it (I guess they thought I was hitching eventually). Naturally, that effort took everything out of me and I literally felt like collapsing on the floor. So no third attempt (I might have died), and only my opener of 485. Oh well.

So, I ended up with a 1333.4 total and first place in APF Open 220 and AAPF Open 220 class. If I'd gotten that 551 DL I would have ended up with a 1400 even total.

Neil ended up with a 942 raw total, first place in AAPF Open 132, and a State record or bench in his class.

Roger Ryan ended up with a 711 bench and first place in Masters 50-54, Law/Fire Masters 50-54 bench only class in both APF and AAPF.

A great day overall of Illini Powerlifting and Team Lockup!
    Last edited by Guido; 07-12-2007 at 08:40 AM.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

awesome work to you and neil! you guys did great and played it smart!
    2000 or bust

insane stuff man. great lift. gotta feel good with 1st place
    My Journal