The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 246 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    December 20, 2004

Week 2

I'll have pics up tomorrow! My wife is taking pics w/ the digicam. Now she thinks I'm nuts. Well okay, I am just a little (isn't it a requirement to do this?).

Chest/Back day

Workout:
    repsXweight
    PR = Bold

Bench Press
    WU 10x135
    10x165 (+2r)
    8x175 (last 2 aided)
    6x185 (negatives)

Dead Lift
    WU 10x135
    6x245
    8x265 (+10)
    4x285 (+30!) Heavy!
    6x225

Pull Ups The DL killed me so I actually went down on this
    WU 8xBW
    8xBW+25
    6xBW+25
    8xBW+10

Inc DB Press
    WU 10x45's
    10x55's
    8x60's
    8x65's (Think I need to move up to 70's next time)

BO BB Row
    WU 10x75
    10x135 (+10)
    10x135
    10x135

Weighted Dips
    WU 10xBW
    10XBW+25
    8xBW+25
    8xBW+25

Abs Did these at home
    60 Crunches
    30 Left
    30 Right
    100 Flutter Kick
    60 Alternating Crunches
    1:00 V Sit

Cardio/Activities:
    None

Other:
    Stretching

Comments: I think the bench and DL's killed me for the Incline DB Press (though I think I could have done more weight to start. Oh well. Next time.) I'm very happy with my DL's. I did 285 for reps! Huge improvement. Also went up 10lbs on my BB Rows, and the 175 felt easier on the Flat Bench. I tried weighted dips this time instead of chest flys. I like them better so I think I'll start doing them regularly. Finally, I should have pics up tomorrow for everyone to critique and criticize. Fun!
    Last edited by Guido; 06-24-2005 at 10:08 AM.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice..... gains galore.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Nice chest and back session man.

Okay everyone. Here are some pics of me. I've been lifting seriously for about 3 months (on and off before that) and have been bulking for the past 4 weeks. I've gained about 7 lbs so far.

Please feel free to comment and critique. I think I most need to work on traps and rear delts. Anything else? Also, my current weight goal is 160lbs lean by mid-February. I have 6.5 lbs to go so it should be achievable.

Last edited by Guido; 04-29-2008 at 11:09 AM.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

I wannabebig!
    looking nice and lean guido, need to hit them squats up and lol at the curling dog pose hehe

Yep. Just incorporated the squats a month ago but I'm improving fast.

That dog is our Chihuahua. He weighs 5 lbs so he's not much to curl.

Here's a good pic of him:

Peanut.jpg

and another

Peanut in the Sun
    Last edited by Guido; 12-21-2004 at 02:43 PM.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

That is a cute dog...the pics are very good bro.

Nice doggy, doesn't quite compare to my Shnoopy though .

Nice wide lats, I'd say that your best feature. Good work so far man and keep it up!

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

guido you look great
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Thanks CoCoa, gf.

Crippler: you'll have to post a pic of shnoop. About the lats: lots of pullups!
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

Gotta Do It
    Looking good man. Looks like your workouts are going along very nicely too.

Good work!

Here's Shnoop; he's a lot furrier now which I find cuter but he still rules here .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Good session, still a heavy session from my POV.

The pics look really good, looking fit and all, I do see room for improvement and got the body to look massive if you're in the bulking phase.

Aww to Peanuts, never thought that chiu's could look cute, puts Paris Hilton's to shame. Hers is the ugliest I have seen.

Crippler: That dog is damn cute.

Kinda funny that both of your dogs have some distant relations to C. Schultz's comic strip, Peanuts and Shnoopy.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Thanks, Homer. Yep he's a cute one. I think the beige colored chi's don't look as good as the black and tan's like Peanut. That's funny about the Charles Schultz comparison.

Also thanks for the comments, everyone. I know there is some room for improvement. I do want to be massive AND cut which I know is hard to do. I'm working on developing some overall thickness by doing plenty of the Big Three. Hope it works.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

Can't go wrong with the big 3, hell you can get huge with Big 3, Pullups, Dips, and an Overhead Press.

December 21, 2004

Workout:
    cardio

Cardio/Activities:
    Ran on indoor track for 30 minutes (about 3.25 miles). Did a warmup jog followed by some jog/stride/sprint followed by some interval sprints, then cooldown jog.

Other:
    Stretching

Comments: I ate like a mother today! Over 4,000 calories. I think I'm going through 1/2 gallon of milk per day. I'm keeping dairy farmers in business. Had a great big round steak for dinner, about 3/4 pound. Mmmmmmmm.
    Last edited by Guido; 12-22-2004 at 07:37 AM.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

Looking good man. Nice PR's too.

Got the annual Christmas luncheon at my work. Must....avoid....crappy....foods. *smacks self before reaching for cake*
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

Good luck avoiding crappy food. I completely caved in last Friday. OOPS!
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

guido twp words bro.... sexxy ass biatch.. ok three but you know what i mean.. nice pics bro you look ace. all is needed is more mass all around and hopefully santa delivers :-) anyways nice PRs i know those felt good your lookin real strong.. keep it going man and remember if you cheat or slip it dont matter just keep on truckin..
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

guido twp words bro.... sexxy ass biatch..
    Lol thanks, lilmase. My wife seems to think so I have good willpower so I know that I won't cheat too much and I'll stick with it. Once I dedicate myself to something I go all out, bro.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

Fitday looks good. Who eats peanuts for breakfast?

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    Fitday looks good. Who eats peanuts for breakfast?
    Someone looking to gain weight!

Leg day again today. I'm hoping for 285 for reps on the squat and at least 154 on the scale. We'll see.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    I think Christmas should be a time, where we can splurge on whatever food we wanna eat.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

I agree, Homeslice!
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal