Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 202

Thread: I hate Green Day

  1. #1
    MACHINE
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    on the short bus
    Posts
    0

    I hate Green Day

    God I hate them. Every time I hear their songs my blood pressure raises and I just want them to die. Anyone else?

    Discuss.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

    If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

    5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

  2. #2
    As I Am Paul Stagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Baltimore, MD, USA
    Posts
    8,668
    I agree.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

  3. #3
    Down with the Sickness
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brandon, Florida
    Posts
    340
    I whole heartedley agree!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    739
    Green Day was cool when I was in 6th grade. That was like 10 years ago though lol.

  5. #5
    Magically delicious Shane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,256
    lol. Is there any particular reason why you hate them? I like a few of their songs. I think some of their other songs suck. So I'm pretty indifferent.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

    "you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

    "shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

    "no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

    My Journal

  6. #6
    As I Am Paul Stagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Baltimore, MD, USA
    Posts
    8,668
    They were never cool.

    You just thought so because you were 12
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Manveet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    White Rock, BC
    Posts
    5,774
    Not a big fan. I thought they were okay, but now I don't care much for them.

    However, I still think Simple Plan is by far the WORST band of ALL TIME.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

    Richard Dawkins


    "Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."


    Richard Dawkins


    "Bah. You know I hate poor people."

    Paul Stagg

  8. #8
    Senior Member Manveet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    White Rock, BC
    Posts
    5,774
    For those who don't believe, read the following lyrics:

    "Do you ever feel like breaking down?
    Do you ever feel out of place?
    Like somehow you just don't belong
    And no one understands you

    Do you ever wanna run away?
    Do you lock yourself in your room?
    With the radio on turned up so loud
    That no one hears you screaming"

    Songs like these that are written by guys in their mid 20's is just plain wrong.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

    Richard Dawkins


    "Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."


    Richard Dawkins


    "Bah. You know I hate poor people."

    Paul Stagg

  9. #9
    Magically delicious Shane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,256
    I'd vote for Dashboard Confessional as the worst band of all time. If there's a whinier bunch of panzies I have yet to hear them. They make bands like Green Day look like Slayer.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

    "you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

    "shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

    "no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

    My Journal

  10. #10
    teh Chuy. Frozenmoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,427
    "Hey dad look at me
    Think back and talk to me
    Did I grow up according to plan?
    And do you think I'm wasting my time doing things I wanna do?
    But it hurts when you disapprove all along

    And now I try hard to make it
    I just want to make you proud
    I'm never gonna be good enough for you
    I can't pretend that
    I'm alright
    And you can't change me

    'Cuz we lost it all
    Nothing lasts forever
    I'm sorry
    I can't be perfect
    Now it's just too late and
    We can't go back
    I'm sorry
    I can't be perfect"

    Hahahahaha. Who the f*ck are they kidding?

    Sorry to derail the Green Day bashing. Manveet is too right though, Simple Plan f*cking sucks.

  11. #11
    Senior Member RussianRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Manveet
    For those who don't believe, read the following lyrics:

    "Do you ever feel like breaking down?
    Do you ever feel out of place?
    Like somehow you just don't belong
    And no one understands you

    Do you ever wanna run away?
    Do you lock yourself in your room?
    With the radio on turned up so loud
    That no one hears you screaming"

    Songs like these that are written by guys in their mid 20's is just plain wrong.
    agreed.
    Milk is the best Supplement

    Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

  12. #12
    Magically delicious Shane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,256
    I'm glad I haven't heard Simple Plan. Maybe they should do a celebrity death match with Dashboard Confessional and we could shoot the winners.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

    "you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

    "shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

    "no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

    My Journal

  13. #13
    Wannabebig New Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    0
    Green Day sucks ... thats final .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

  14. #14
    II MrWebb78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Big Sac
    Posts
    5,954
    simple plan, a bunch of millionaire 20 year olds bitching about how their life sucks?? then take the kurt cobain road ya jacka$$

    ya green day sucks too, i hate the bug eyed look the singer gets when hes performing.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

    There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

    If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

    6'2"
    273 lbs.

  15. #15
    WBBs motivational Speaker Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Between a girls ties!
    Posts
    4,593
    I dislike band who represent teenage anxiety and whimpy voices that dont sound like a man
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    White Rock, B.C.
    Posts
    3,664
    I think Green Day's pretty good, and I don't even like that kind of music...Dookie is a classic cd, and the others aren't half-bad.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,392
    when i come around and basket case are good songs

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by Vido
    Dookie is a classic cd.
    I have to disagree with just about everyone in this thread. If you're a fan of the genre (and even if you aren't) that CD is an absolute classic. They're also an amazing live band that really knows how to put on a show. The one thing I do agree with is the fact A Simple Plan is brutal. Their lyrics have less substance than most pop songs which is no small feat.

  19. #19
    Down with the Sickness
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brandon, Florida
    Posts
    340
    When i was 15 i went to a bad religion concert and green day opened for them, this is when they were a local band i didn't even like them then.

  20. #20
    Ash "Money" Hegde Y2A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,789
    Im hit or miss with green day, some I like, some I dont.

    I like simple plan, and Im not afraid to admit it...

    on the internet.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

    Dontate to my favorite charity!

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane
    I'd vote for Dashboard Confessional as the worst band of all time. If there's a whinier bunch of panzies I have yet to hear them. They make bands like Green Day look like Slayer.
    They're an emo band...what do you really expect? You can't compare their sound to that of Green Day because they're a totally different genre of music. Not saying you have to like them though.

  22. #22
    Magically delicious Shane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt
    They're an emo band...what do you really expect? You can't compare their sound to that of Green Day because they're a totally different genre of music. Not saying you have to like them though.
    Yes I know. After Manveet's post I thought we were talking about sucky whiney bands in general and not just sticking to the pop-punk genre. If that's the case I'll stick to whiney pop-punk bands that suck for the duration of this discussion.
    Last edited by Shane; 12-15-2004 at 05:11 PM.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

    "you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

    "shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

    "no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

    My Journal

  23. #23
    Senior Member Spartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    965
    not groundbreaking but the best at their craft (umpteenth generation poppunk)

  24. #24
    Still Plugging Away -TIM-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    4,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt
    I have to disagree with just about everyone in this thread. If you're a fan of the genre (and even if you aren't) that CD is an absolute classic. They're also an amazing live band that really knows how to put on a show. The one thing I do agree with is the fact A Simple Plan is brutal. Their lyrics have less substance than most pop songs which is no small feat.
    I really like the two latest singles from Green Days new album. Simple Plan does have some fairly elementry lyrics, but I still like their music. As far as Dashboard goes. Chris does have a voice some would consider whiney. But his lyrics are far more complex than 90% of the artist shoved down our throat by MTV. They actually don't seem to get that much air time in the Midwest.


    - A few lyrics by D.C.

    "Bend And Not Break"

    I catalog these steps now
    Decisive and intentioned
    precise and patterned specifically to yours.
    I'm talented at breathing
    Especially exhaling
    So that my chest will rise and fall with yours...

    "The Good Fight"

    Consider the odds,
    Consider the obvious.
    The martyr is meaningless,
    The campaign has died.
    In the planning stages and the fallen faces
    Are the singular proof that it was ever alive.

    This purchased rebellion has been outbidded,
    Denounced and rescinded and left to die championless.
    I begged you not to go.
    I begged you, I pleaded.
    Claimed you as my only hope
    And watched the floor as you retreated.

    Hope has sprung a perfect dive
    A perfect day, a perfect lie.
    A slowly crafted monologue conceding your defeat.

    Does it comfort you to know you fought the good fight?
    Basking in your victory,
    Hollow and alone
    While you boast your bitter bragging rights to anyone who'll listen.
    While you're left with nothing tangible to gain.
    Last edited by Tim Nissen; 12-15-2004 at 05:13 PM.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

    Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

  25. #25
    Mystic Eric
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Manveet
    For those who don't believe, read the following lyrics:

    "Do you ever feel like breaking down?
    Do you ever feel out of place?
    Like somehow you just don't belong
    And no one understands you

    Do you ever wanna run away?
    Do you lock yourself in your room?
    With the radio on turned up so loud
    That no one hears you screaming"

    Songs like these that are written by guys in their mid 20's is just plain wrong.
    LMAO!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •