The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar

Looking for a homemade high calorie bar recipe..

I'm finding it super-hard to get to 5000 cals if I want to sleep early. I'm usually done eating at 12:00, go to sleep at 1:00.

I want to reduce this by having a high caloric bar or two sometime during the day, so anyone got any recipes?
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

sorry no recipe for a bar, but why aren't you eating for the last hour before bed if you're bulking? and 5K daily is a ton... you must have incredibly high metabolism

Not a ton of calories but I like the taste of this one, and its EASY

1 cup Natural peanut butter
    8 tablespoons honey
    1&1/4 cups whey protein powder
    1 cup of uncooked oatmeal

Mix the pb and honey in a bowl, microwave on full for 80 secs. Add the rest and mix together (get your hands in man!!) ADD A SPLASH OF MILK IF OVERLY DRY!!! but will be somewhat dry in bowl Can add raisins/nuts etc to taste. Firmly press into 8x8 tray and leave for 20 mins. Cut into 8 to 10 equal bars and wrap and store in fridge!!

Approx Nutrition values of entire recipe.
    2800 calories
    175 gr protien
    200 gr carbs
    145 gr fat
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Nice! Do I bake this?

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Quote Originally Posted by jazer80
    sorry no recipe for a bar, but why aren't you eating for the last hour before bed if you're bulking? and 5K daily is a ton... you must have incredibly high metabolism
    I've heard you shouldn't be eating before you sleep. I heard to give yourself 1 hour atleast.

why not?

I have no idea.

no baking needed , let sit for a hour then cut into bars and store in fridge
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

I'm assuming you should you Vanilla whey right?

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    I've heard you shouldn't be eating before you sleep. I heard to give yourself 1 hour atleast.
    Doesn't matter...eat before you sleep if you want.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

I wannabebig!
    i practically eat in bed before I snoooze off.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuage
    i practically eat in bed before I snoooze off.
    yup it's PB FOR ME AND LOADS OF MILK or yogurt with fruit bagel blah blah!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I'm assuming you should you Vanilla whey right?
    I use chocolate, but i have heard vanilla is good as well.

Trying to learn on the fly
    can you add more protein powder without ruining the taste/consistency of the bars?

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=58623

These are only 311 cals, but i guess you could eat two of em

Hardgaining ectomporph! garagedoor79's Avatar

Awesome recipe!

Thanks for the great recipe Genacide! I made 'em up with Strawberry powder and they are fantastic. Even my girlfriend snagged a few for her lunchbox. These are going to become a staple in my diet.

Cheers
    garagedoor79

Quote Originally Posted by Genacide

8 tablespoons honey

Mix the pb and honey in a bowl, microwave on full for 80 secs. Add the rest and mix together (get your hands in man!!) ADD A SPLASH OF MILK IF OVERLY DRY!!! but will be somewhat dry in bowl Can add raisins/nuts etc to taste. Firmly press into 8x8 tray and leave for 20 mins. Cut into 8 to 10 equal bars and wrap and store in fridge!!

2800 calories
    175 gr protien
    200 gr carbs
    145 gr fat
    Last edited by garagedoor79; 01-21-2005 at 09:03 AM.

Most people that try them like them a lot!

can you add more protein powder without ruining the taste/consistency of the bars?
    More protein will make them fall apart easier, their is a bunch of protein in them already.

hmm, I had strawberry protien but thought it might taste horrible in there. i guess ill try strawberry. Vanilla was very good though.

these bars ruled. my gf made them for me today. they are rich as hell, i had two glasses of milk with one small piece

I also tried these with some vanilla Opticen and they were good as well, but perfer chocolate Nitrean.

i've been using chocolate soy protein. they are soo ****ing good. every time i go to the fridge i try to convince myself it's okay to have one instead of a 'real' meal, even though they're 30/25/45 carbs/protein/fat

i wonder if they'd hold if you subbed in more protein powder instead of some pb? or maybe if you used low fat pb to even out the ratios a little more?

Quote Originally Posted by Genacide

8 tablespoons honey

2800 calories
    175 gr protien
    200 gr carbs
    145 gr fat

I was going to attempt this recipe, sounds good. When figuring the Nutritional values for what I yield is it just simple math down the line of all the ingredients or does it alter when everything is mixed, in other words..is there anyway to find the EXACT Nutrition Values in the recipe I yield when I make these bars.
    I'll stand for nothing less or never stand again

Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 202lbs

Maxes and Measurments will be here soon
    Remo's Journal

just add up all the ingredients...mixing won't change the calories. Here...I added it up for you...

Total Calories: 2741
    ___grams/calories/%
    Fat: 138/1245/45%
    Carbs: 249/903/32%
    Fiber: 23/0/0%
    Protein: 160/639/23%
    The world acording to prune

If you can't be a good example, at least be a terrible warning.

Thanks. LoL, I figured that was that answer, but wasn't too sure. lol thanks man
    I'll stand for nothing less or never stand again

Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 202lbs

Maxes and Measurments will be here soon
    Remo's Journal