Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What seperates us from them..

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    BOOYAAA I know about 20 people like that.

haha easy triska....

Great article man, just pasted that to a document, gonna print it and tac it to the wall.

nice article worth keeping on file...

i would send that one to my "Bobs" but I know that they would read it differently than we would. Is there actually a way to get them to read past the third paragraph where the word "bodybuilding" is first mentioned? Prolly too much of a look in the mirror for most.

Wow, good post!

Wannabebig Member

*BUMP*

Awesome piece!

Welcome King daniel.

Nice name
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

a guy once mailed this to me. I was a total newbie then and it kinda scared me but i still liked it

Pretty Fly for an Old Guy W8_4_Me's Avatar
    And to think that I ALMOST missed this! It wasn't until i saw Weinier's name here that I decided to read it. I thought it just might be another chance to take a 'shot' at him!

Just kidding, kid!

Nice little piece! I thought I heard the "Theme from Rocky" playing in the background.

Very motivating! Thanks, Hulk-ster!

"A winner...knows how much he still has to learn, even when he is considered an expert by others; A loser...wants to be considered an expert by others, before he has even learned enough to know how little he knows." - Sydney Harris

"It takes a big man to cry, and an even BIGGER man to laugh at that man!" - Jack Handey

"It's simple. If it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Oh, BTW, when you are in or around 40 yrs old, EVERYBODY is like poor Bob. Guys my age that are in great shape are truly hard to come by.
    "A winner...knows how much he still has to learn, even when he is considered an expert by others; A loser...wants to be considered an expert by others, before he has even learned enough to know how little he knows." - Sydney Harris

"It takes a big man to cry, and an even BIGGER man to laugh at that man!" - Jack Handey

Originally posted by Reinier
    I was a total newbie then and it kinda scared me but i still liked it

don't think i didn't ponder taking a shot at this line though...*lol*
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Tryska, I let it go, too.

Becoming an ol' softie in my old age.

tuttut tuttut tuttut

*lol* it's begging for something isn't it?

He always gives us so much fuel to work with...

I have to let this one go, or else he accuses me of picking on him, poor li'l guy.

It's a "Weinier-ism". Trust me, there'll be more. Wienier-isms are the gifts that keep on giving.
    Last edited by W8_4_Me; 01-22-2002 at 03:09 PM.

i like the article, it has a very inspirational tone

but what happened to bob?

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    I dont lift weights and train well to condescend people who don't, i mean, thats being plain mean. How would you feel if a lot of smart people read books and studied all day to say smart things and get lots of money, and then go on and say, "See that stupid musclehead, he doesn't know anything, hahaha, thats one of the reasons i became an intellectual, to make fun of muscleheads" Yeah, what a dork right? hmm, thats what they say about you....
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Agree to what nejar said. Do it for yourself, no other reason.. ooh, and to look good naked. Damn right.

That said, I admire bbs' for their dedication, but at the same time, I won't look down at people that don't touch iron for their lack, unless they truly are lazy bastards. Person I most admire in my gym isn't even in shape, he's a guy I go to school with.. about 30ish, has two kids, part time job. Works his ass off to get As, provide for kids/deal with those kids, yet finds a few hours a week to do something for himself. I think that'd be a whole lot harder then my dividing meals into six times a day and everything else.

B.
    LaLa

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    yeah i mean, lol, think about it, we eat a lot, we only workout like 2-3 hrs a week, and what we eat tastes great, its not that hard to be a BBers or Pler, some athletes have to do what we do, to get in good shape, and then learn the art of of boxing or wrestlign or whatever they happen to do. So before we go on a ridiculous ego trip based on the opinion we're better than everyone else because we have big muscles try to think about it from the other side.
    Last edited by nejar462; 01-23-2002 at 08:50 PM.

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Simplistic
    Originally posted by nejar462
    I dont lift weights and train well to condescend people who don't, i mean, thats being plain mean. How would you feel if a lot of smart people read books and studied all day to say smart things and get lots of money, and then go on and say, "See that stupid musclehead, he doesn't know anything, hahaha, thats one of the reasons i became an intellectual, to make fun of muscleheads" Yeah, what a dork right? hmm, thats what they say about you....
    Yeah but you'd think such an intelligent intellectual would know better than to spend their days eating crap and disrespecting their body. Also there are a lot more people with degrees than people who are in good shape.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Neil, not matter what, the other man could play the same game, i.e. Why would someone who is obsessed with training their body totally ignoring the most important part of their body, their mind, And how u define good shape depends but i'd say there are the same numbers.

Originally posted by Tryska
    where's bob? i feel like kicking ass right now. and that article only helped me along.

damn moodswings.
    Originally posted by Tryska
    you know what?

f*ck bob!

Do you feel luky punk...

...you better start running....

because...

I AM BOB!!!

:evillaugh
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

*bites donut*

stupid weightlifters

*eats twinky*

don't know sh!t

*guzzles pop*

can't tell me what to do...

*belch*
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

*punches bob in the nuts so hard he explodes*

*gets ready to totally headbutt the lead fatass and/or decapitate him*

*wails on guitar*
    Last edited by Tryska; 01-24-2002 at 01:36 PM.

Totally sweet.

I bet he was popping like 16 boners.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

bah. if i could have popped a big huge ninja boner i would have. and then beat him over the head with it.

Heh...I am completely bored at work here...thank you for amusing me.

Current FFFA Enforcer

my pleasure....and likewise, i'm sure.