Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What seperates us from them..

Simplistic
    Originally posted by nejar462
    Neil, not matter what, the other man could play the same game, i.e. Why would someone who is obsessed with training their body totally ignoring the most important part of their body, their mind, And how u define good shape depends but i'd say there are the same numbers.
    I predicted a response like that. The point is that someone who is so smart should know that they are only shortening their own life and opening the door to many kinds of debilitating side effect of their unhealthy lifestyle, thus doing nothing for their mind. Good shape as defined in the Bob story is far more uncommon than a degree.

Bump for inspiration. Hulk wasn't always gay.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

haha. hulk should read that article himself now

this has been said, but it was a great article
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

Dan = Bob
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Nice. I pasted the link to a few mates...

This must have been back when Dan actually trained.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Great post once again. Im my opionion, people like Bob will never get off their ass. For me, lifting is like my medicine. It makes me feel good in and out of the gym. I think you HAVE TO ENJOY IT to some degree, or else dedication will only get you so far, in most cases. The enjoyment, the love for it-and the love for the results you know are down the hard road ahead are what seperates us from bob.

I was talking to a guy at the gym today about how it seems like our numbers are getting even fewer. Sure there are guys that go to the gym but there isn't the level of dedication. People are there half-assing around and chatting. What ever happened to the gym being a place to train instead of a club or bar?

It seems like Bob is infectous and even taking over the normal gym goers and making them complacent.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Overtrainer.
    I agree with Nejar on an intellectual level.

However, I do not like people like BOB!

On a philosophical level i think it all comes down to booty and what is gonna get you the most booty. At the end of the day WE will win out over Bob no matter how much money that guy makes working the stockmarket while we are at the gym.

This is an observation ive made by seeing girls constantly go for fit big guys. Also you are more likely to earn more money if you are fit and big because the world is still so primitive.

The intellectuals may have their day but as long as there is Dbol i will stand in their way.

Wannabebig Member
    I think, nejar, there's a little more to it than just looking down on Bob for being out of shape. The point of the article is that he complains about being out of shape while being unwilling to do anything to rectify that situation.

That wouldn't be the same as an intellectual putting down a meathead for being dumb. It would be more like a meathead saying "I wish I was more intellectual" while never reading a book, never trying to learn anything, and never making any effort to actually become more intellectual... then it'd be fair to criticise them for it.

I have no problem with the folk who are out of shape (especially since I'm not exactly Arnie myself); the ones that are really bad are those who complain about being unfit while doing nothing about it. I think it's those people the article is aimed at.

Just my opinion of course .

I think this is one of the best posts I've read on WBB... what else can you say??

Stu
    Check out my Training Journal HERE

105kg Open IPF Classic Provincial record holder in the squat, bench, deadlift, and total.

I agree with bonny, it's humorous to see a bob just sitting there sucking down his beer. But it's aggravating to see a bob sitting there sucking down his beer and complaining about it.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Overtrainer.
    Good points Bonny and Behemoth.

It's funnier when Bob thinks he can bench press more than you though.

thank you cloughie. just what i needed.

Well Hulk i think you shouldn't be to hard on your friend Bob, you see from Bob's point of view having your clothes on or having your clothes of makes all the difference, if you are tall enough people will call you huge no matter if you have a single muscle on your body, and if you are very small you will always be that short (angry) guy.

If you realize how much clothes cover up muscles it's not so strange that Bob didn't have a clue. And if you be honoust to yourself if you view people (strong Body builders) in their winter suits, you would have more problems noticing their underlying power too.

People judge you on what they see, and not on what you really are. That been said , just ripp your shirt off next time someone asks you for your achieved results.

You will get a garenteed better response.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Bonny LAd

I see your point
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

This is a great post and is definately going on my wall.
    A friend will help you move ....... a really good friend will help you move the body

That got me so pumped.

That was nice.

Next, could you tell everyone "What separates us from them?" That would be ace!

[SIZE=1] [COLOR=blue]Oh man that was great! A near PERFECT analogy! I never really aspired to cracking walnuts with my glutes but man you had me rollin'. I just had to say THANKS for making me almost choke on my protein powder enhanced oatmeal.

Shugart is teh b0mb.
    There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back.

Overtrainer.
    Im hungry.

Wanna Be Big
    obviously the original post has been up for a while, but i just read it a few minutes ago and...........damn. I am on my rest day and that article makes me wanna get to the gym and throw iron until i can't stand anymore. i don't think anybody could have said it any better. People always ask me why i do it. They say "it hurts too much", "it's too hard", "why do you want to look all big and gross". I don't even answer. But after reading that article i know exactly what to tell them. We are members of an elite group, a group of iron pumping, ass kicking, food eating, bench pressing, heavy squating, leg pressing, bicep curling, tricep pressing, lateral rasing, lat rowing, dumbell shrugging, lift until you can't lift another rep. ball busters. And we do it 4-5 days a week cuz we can't get enough of it. Things like that can only be explaing to the "Bobs" everywhere but telling them flat out......."we do it cuz of people like you."
    Stats:
    5'10" 150lbs. 1RM as of 5/15/03......
    Bench 210
    Squat 280

If you don't invest much, then losing doesn't hurt and winning isn't very exciting.

The difference is almost all mental. The top players just hate to lose. A champion hates to lose more than they like to win.

Once you accept defeat, it becomes easy to lose. If defeat comes take it and face it, but don't accept it.

99% of failures come from people who practice the habit of making excuses.

exelent
    To get good at most things takes 2-4 years i.e BodyBuilding, Martial Arts, Musical Instrements ect.
    To Master it, takes a life time - Buff Stuff

The answer to every query is, of course, "squats". - drew

BUFF