Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question: Best position for Squats to Target the Glutes?

lol @ this thread.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

Squatting does not only target the glutes. It also works the quads and hams and all the other smaller muscles in the legs. Having a large ass isn't uncomfortable. If you don't want to get a large ass but still squat, do some front squats, they seem to target the quads more. Also do some quater squats or some hack squats. But, let me tell you right now, your loosing some of the benefits of squatting if you don't do deep back squats. Not to mention, if your butt is smaller genetically, your probably not gonna end up with a huge hunk a junk in the trunk, get what I'm sayin?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebread
    Squatting does not only target the glutes. It also works the quads and hams and all the other smaller muscles in the legs. Having a large ass isn't uncomfortable. If you don't want to get a large ass but still squat, do some front squats, they seem to target the quads more. Also do some quater squats or some hack squats. But, let me tell you right now, your loosing some of the benefits of squatting if you don't do deep back squats. Not to mention, if your butt is smaller genetically, your probably not gonna end up with a huge hunk a junk in the trunk, get what I'm sayin?

nope i don't get what you're saying lol, but i asure you that my ass is geneticaly
    not small already and i don't want it to be bigger then it already is.
    Work out to build natural muscles that's my motivation.
    Not for other people to look at me and not to look at my self.

but hey if it only makes it more tight in the muscles area then i don't mind, i just don't want an abnormal ass that would be uncomfortable..

Banned
    if the rest of your muscles are getting bigger what's wrong with your ass getting a little bigger too.

girls like big dicks, big hair, big asses, and big muscles

girls also like big brains lol!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Wannabebig Member
    big wallets too

Quote Originally Posted by awakeye
    but hey if it only makes it more tight in the muscles area then i don't mind, i just don't want an abnormal ass that would be uncomfortable..
    The glutes respond to physical loading just the same as any muscle does, it repairs itself by adding proteins and getting larger. You can, just like with any muscle train it be become more defined, which will give you that "tighter" look I guess. The squatting I've done has made my butt larger and more defined, but I cna't say I've got an ass liek Vida Guerra (pics for reference: 1 2 3) , but if this is what you want, then I guess you could get it. I think women, at an older age at least, find a nice tight ass on a man attractive. And, if you pratice a good routine, your ass will get larger than the normal man's ass, but it will be proportionate to the rest of your muscles. Your not gonna have like a huge butt and chicken legs.
    Last edited by Whitebread; 12-24-2004 at 08:30 PM.

LOL, I searched for Vida pics using google for pics of her tight ass and I find this LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy
    if the rest of your muscles are getting bigger what's wrong with your ass getting a little bigger too.

girls like big dicks, big hair, big asses, and big muscles

mostly superficial girls sure

but even though i don't have any problems in those departements ''except the big muscles part'' i wouldn't want anything to do with those type of girls, sorry to some of you girls that are like that and read this but i dislike superficial girls..
    Last edited by awakeye; 12-24-2004 at 09:12 PM.

The glutes respond to physical loading just the same as any muscle does, it repairs itself by adding proteins and getting larger. You can, just like with any muscle train it be become more defined, which will give you that "tighter" look I guess. The squatting I've done has made my butt larger and more defined, but I cna't say I've got an ass liek Vida Guerra (pics for reference: 1 2 3) , but if this is what you want, then I guess you could get it. I think women, at an older age at least, find a nice tight ass on a man attractive. And, if you pratice a good routine, your ass will get larger than the normal man's ass, but it will be proportionate to the rest of your muscles. Your not gonna have like a huge butt and chicken legs.

well i don't want a huge ass and i certainly wouldn't want a huge ass just to impress girls that's for sure... i wouldn't want a girl that goes out with someone just for an ass.

and that girl on that pic, that's not my preference in girls ass's anyways.
    Last edited by awakeye; 12-24-2004 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by getfit
    girls also like big brains lol!

well if that wasn't sarcasm, im glad to hear that..

that's one of the comments that made more sense on this board that iv seen so far.

props to getfit.

well i don't want a huge ass and i certainly wouldn't want a huge ass just to impress girls that's for sure... i wouldn't want a girl that goes out with someone just for an ass.

and that girl on that pic, that's not my preference in girls ass's anyways.
    I wasn't inplying I work my glutes just for that reason and I know that I would not want a girlfriend just cause she likes my ass. I do it for other reasons than to impress women. I'm not that shallow.

What is your "type" of girl, just curious.

I wasn't inplying I work my glutes just for that reason and I know that I would not want a girlfriend just cause she likes my ass. I do it for other reasons than to impress women. I'm not that shallow.

What is your "type" of girl, just curious.
    well props to you for what you just said..

and my type of girl well it depends.. physicaly for me what i like the most on a girl is the face, im a sucker for a prety face with nice eyes...

But just an example of what kind of girls that i like....

a vegetarian girl that doesn't fallow the media, that likes other music then pop,that plays a music instrument, that doesn't care about money, that will do what she likes in life as opose to what she ''has to do'' a girl that makes her own clothes i like that too, and many other things... i guess you can say i like hippie girls, i have met some awesome hippie girls before...

i can't name all the things i like about a girl and of course i don't expect a girl to have all that i want, i was just naming some things to give you an idea of the state of mind of the girls i prefer..

well props to you for what you just said..

and my type of girl well it depends.. physicaly for me what i like the most on a girl is the face, im a sucker for a prety face with nice eyes...

But just an example of what kind of girls that i like....

a vegetarian girl that doesn't fallow the media, that likes other music then pop,that plays a music instrument, that doesn't care about money, that will do what she likes in life as opose to what she ''has to do'' a girl that makes her own clothes i like that too, and many other things... i guess you can say i like hippie girls, i have met some awesome hippie girls before...

i can't name all the things i like about a girl and of course i don't expect a girl to have all that i want, i was just naming some things to give you an idea of the state of mind of the girls i prefer..
    That cool, I'm like a girl with similar qualities myself. Physically, though, I'm just a sucker for nice hips, legs and butt, but please don't think I won't date a girl if she doesn't have 1 or all of these things. Personality>* as long as I find her attractive in some way. I just don't think a relationship is possible unless there is some physical attraction.

i think im the wrong type of person to be on this board, it's like my reasons for lifting weights are not at all the same as the majority of this community...

That cool, I'm like a girl with similar qualities myself. Physically, though, I'm just a sucker for nice hips, legs and butt, but please don't think I won't date a girl if she doesn't have 1 or all of these things. Personality>* as long as I find her attractive in some way. I just don't think a relationship is possible unless there is some physical attraction.

yeah i know what you mean, true.

i think im the wrong type of person to be on this board, it's like my reasons for lifting weights are not at all the same as the majority of this community...
    It's not cosmetic at all? That's fine. Regardless of your reasons, this board can help you do it correctly so you make good use of your workouts, eat right (for health reasons) and don't hurt yourself. We're not all superficial bastards and I personally don't feel there is anything wrong with being concerned with your appearence

It's not cosmetic at all? That's fine. Regardless of your reasons, this board can help you do it correctly so you make good use of your workouts, eat right (for health reasons) and don't hurt yourself. We're not all superficial bastards and I personally don't feel there is anything wrong with being concerned with your appearence
    well i didn't mean everyone is, but more then not.. from what i read so far anyways... it also seems like some people on here have some mental disorders about appearance problems.. i don't mean this in a bad way but i have seen some rather paranoid posts some of which you can see that he just wants people to reasure him that he don't have the problem he's talking about...

All i got to say about that is, let it go... it's just flesh, what does it matter if it's not shapped the way the world views it as it's best... as long as you're happy with your self, no reflection of a body shadow on the wall is gonna help you break the wall from your mind.

nope not cosmetic, the reason is because in this world we are raised in.. all is done by pressing buttons and sitting on our asses.. i want to develope the natural muscles that i should have if it wasn't for the inviorment i am living in.

and also for health reasons and stamina and strenght.

well i didn't mean everyone is, but more then not.. from what i read so far anyways... it also seems like some people on here have some mental disorders about appearance problems.. i don't mean this in a bad way but i have seen some rather paranoid posts some of which you can see that he just wants people to reasure him that he don't have the problem he's talking about...

All i got to say about that is, let it go... it's just flesh, what does it matter if it's not shapped the way the world views it as it's best... as long as you're happy with your self, no reflection of a body shadow on the wall is gonna help you break the wall from your mind.
    Very true, good talkin to ya.

good talking to you too.

Quagmire wannabe
    Haven't you guy's heard of PM?
    He who hesitates masturbates........