The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

"Abs diet" for cutting?

I'm not cutting, but i was just curious what everyone thought about the "Abs Diet." Seems pretty sensible. Built around lean meat, whole grains, almonds/nuts, vegetables, whey, legumes, berries and low-fat dairy.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Never heard of it.

As long as it puts you into caloric deficit, you'll notice results.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Wannabebig Member
    Its in Men's Health magazine.

A- almonds & nuts
    B- beans and legumes
    S- spinach and green veg

D- dairy
    I- instant oatmeal
    E- eggs
    T- turkey and other lean meats

P- peanut butter
    O- olive oil
    W- whole grains
    E- extra protein
    R- raspberries & other berries

I dunno about he magazine though, it makes you feel if you dont have a ripped six pack, you are a fat piece of **** that should die in a fire.
    Last edited by kaption; 12-20-2004 at 02:09 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Sounds like a bunch of carbs. Guess the theory is that you'll be burning more in cardio than you'll be getting from eating carb-loaded stuff like oatmeal, dairy (tons of sugar), grains, etc.. ?

I'd say do some variation CKD. Worked wonders for me.

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    I like the foods

very clean

I wannabebig!
    so can i eat unlimited quantities of the above mentioned foods?

LOL @ Ryuage.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuage
    10,000 cals in just Peanut Butter. You peanut butter whore!
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Wannabebig Member
    No, the diet says that you center your meals around the above food, and youll lose weight, they say don't count calories it will make you go crazy. Its a newbie style weight loss diet, but if youv'e ever read the "AB's diet message board" most who try it end up gaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiro
    and youll lose weight, they say don't count calories it will make you go crazy. Its a newbie style weight loss diet, but if youv'e ever read the "AB's diet message board" most who try it end up gaining.
    I wonder why
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

I eat all of those foods, cept for the berries and veggies. There has to be more to the abs diet than just "eat only these foods."
    yea that's right, be jealous

Wannabebig Member
    Main staple of diet: Do tons of fxcking cardio.

That's it.

Wannabebig Member
    yeah another staple is circuit training 3x's a week, HIIT (high intensity interval training), and 5x's abs exercises a week. The diet present alot of info without science, so you have a bunch of new lifter drinking whey thinking it will "cut their waist lines" and pump them up. Besides, as far as im concerned, no one who isn't experienced can guestimate there diet and lose weight, you have to count, weigh, and record at some point to be certain of a deficit. (unless your starving yourself)

Wannabebig Member
    I read the book a few months ago and thought about it. I tried the smoothie recipes, they are good, but I can't imagine losing weight drinking those things.

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by ryuage
    Yes, lemme know how it goes!
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park