The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wannabebig Member

Macro combination question, P+F, P+C

Hey, im currently bulking at 3500 cals a day, can anyone recomend a macro meal schdele. Like when i wake up should i have P+C or P+F. Currently i have

P+F
    P+F
    P+F
    P+C (Preworkout)
    P+C (Post Workout)
    P+C
    P+F

Im, 5'10, probally 11-13% BF, and 128 lbs., any help would be great

Should i even bother about P+F, and P+C or just eat within macros, ?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Berardi says usually its better to have P+C in the morning. but, its more imp. to have them after you train
    your scheduale there looks fine
    where did you get the 3500cals from? massive eating?
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

I wannabebig!
    hrmmm

Nice sig you have there ryuage

I wannabebig!
    Last edited by ryuage; 12-20-2004 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiro
    Hey, im currently bulking at 3500 cals a day, can anyone recomend a macro meal schdele. Like when i wake up should i have P+C or P+F. Currently i have

P+F
    P+F
    P+F
    P+C (Preworkout)
    P+C (Post Workout)
    P+C
    P+F

Im, 5'10, probally 11-13% BF, and 128 lbs., any help would be great

Should i even bother about P+F, and P+C or just eat within macros, ?
    that sounds just like a TKD
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

For god's sake boy, you're 5'10 and 128 and youre worried about whether to have fats for lunch or breakfast and carbs at 2:00 or 7:00? Just eat everything you see for crying out loud. You have a long way to go before you start worrying about macro meal schedules. Go to McD's and order a Big Mac meal, and make sure you supersize it.
    yea that's right, be jealous

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    ^Some people would rather gain 10lbs LBM & 2lbs fat as opposed to 2lbs LBM & 10lbs fat.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

I wannabebig!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    ^Some people would rather gain 10lbs LBM & 2lbs fat as opposed to 2lbs LBM & 10lbs fat.
    who? I want 10 lbs of fat dammit!

How can you be alive and weigh 128lbs at 5'10"?
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

And if you think obsessing about P+F or P+C will make the difference between the two, then you're welcome to it.

Some of us will enjoy our McD's and still be pretty happy where we're at.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

I like that thread in your sig, ryuage. very much.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

I wannabebig!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPietro
    How can you be alive and weigh 128lbs at 5'10"?
    I have a friend who is 6'2 and 130 lbs

I wannabebig!
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial
    I like that thread in your sig, ryuage. very much.
    why thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ryuage
    I have a friend who is 6'2 and 130 lbs
    Then as a friend you should probably tell him to go to a doctor.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

I wannabebig!
    Last edited by ryuage; 12-21-2004 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial
    And if you think obsessing about P+F or P+C will make the difference between the two, then you're welcome to it.

Some of us will enjoy our McD's and still be pretty happy where we're at.
    Hey, I like 2 cheeseburgers with fries and a coke just as much as any other guy, just saying maybe he doesn't .

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Wannabebig Member
    i recently came from my home country, guyana, were (males) are all thin. Im actuallt considered chubby. Thanks for the info, ill just eat clean and liftt . . .hey ryuage, whats your stats> age/height/weight/cut or bulk?

you mean there's a whole country out there full of people skinny as you? And your considered chubby there? Wow, thats like some kinda bizarro world. Btw, don't try to eat clean. If you wanna put on some mass it's gonna be hard takin in the amount of calories you'll need to gain by eating clean. Eat a couple of big macs a day, I'm being serious.

the dude is obviously an ectomorph, the last thing he needs to be worrying about is gaining fat.

i recently came from my home country, guyana, were (males) are all thin. Im actuallt considered chubby. Thanks for the info, ill just eat clean and liftt . . .hey ryuage, whats your stats> age/height/weight/cut or bulk?
    Don't even worry about eating clean, at 5'10", 128, you just need to worry about getting enough protein, and after that, just stuff your face

I started at 5'10", ~155 and I thought I was really skinny. Now I'm 5'10", 200 at about 12-14% and I am far from having a 'clean' diet. Worrying about eating clean is going to do more harm than good at this point

I wannabebig!
    21/5'10 oh and a half!/I dunno probably sitting around 180-190/bulking away like a mad man

I would try to get p+f+c with every meal, especially if you are trying to gain muscle.

worry more about your total intake as opposed to timing

the only exception would be pre and post workout where you want to have more carbs
    Last edited by hemants; 12-22-2004 at 07:56 AM.
    If the only thing you are holding is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Quote Originally Posted by agentplaya1
    the dude is obviously an ectomorph, the last thing he needs to be worrying about is gaining fat.
    Oh true, I must have missed that part, sorry.

Wannabebig Member
    OKay, thanks alot, no i dont live in bizarro world, just an underfed country. So far, im getting about 195grams of protein a day 340grams of carbs and 151 grams of EFA's. Are these number okay, or is something wrong? As far as eating everything, today i proudly finsihed a canister of oatmeal and a couple of eggs and whites for breakfest.