Thread: Bulking, 10 lbs in 5 days!

Training for the Bahamas

Bulking, 10 lbs in 5 days!

What should I do guys I started bulking after my cutting cycle but it seems like I am gaining too fast and gaining a lot more fat than muscle. I'm about 1000 cals. over maintanence 6-7 meals a day. I gained 10 lbs. in 5 days! Should I keep up with it for another week and see what happeans or should I add some cardio, clean up the diet, or reduce the cals?

How big is the difference between your cutting and bulking calories.

Banned
    10 lbs in 5 days is psycho. i would cut back some. if you keep gainign weight like you are it'll mostly be fat and u'll just be a blob. if your eating 1,000 cals over maintenace maybe cut it down to 500-750.

Training for the Bahamas
    well I was cutting at about 2000 cals and lost about 35 lbs in 3.5 months, now I just started bulking with 4000 cals. I think I will clean up my diet a little and elliminate all the junk food etc. I'm starting my PH cycle on monday so I wanted to be sure and be in a calorie surplus for that. I should probably reduce my calorie intake down to 3500 huh?

how much do you weigh?
    Started Weight - 130
    Current Weight - 171 as of 2\18\05 WOOHOO
    GOAL - 175-180

Height - 5'6

My jornal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=61203

I would hypothesise that a large part of that is water weight and simply the weight of food sitting in your gut. It couldn't hurt to be cautious however.

I agreee, mostly just water and food in your system. Don't trip.

I Agree with the water. Just recently i went away for two days. When i left i was 185, when i came back i was 178, 2 days later i was back to 185.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

Training for the Bahamas
    I weigh 210 man

Bulk with 4000 cals for someone weighing 210 dont seem like that much to me but if your gaining that much take it down a few i guess
    Started Weight - 130
    Current Weight - 171 as of 2\18\05 WOOHOO
    GOAL - 175-180

Height - 5'6

My jornal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=61203

It sounds like you put on weight and lose weight fast. I do, too. I've put on 10 lbs in the last week (Christmas break makes it easy) and I haven't really put on any fat. It's probably mainly water weight, food in the gut, and then some muscle/fat for us both. I'd stick with it for another week and then slow down if you notice any fat.

Like others have said, you can't put on muscle or fat that fast. It's all gylcogen storage(you were probably a little depleted from your cut), and water.

bump CrazyK, thats correct. i was cutting till october also and i gianed 5-7 pounds in the first week its prob just glycogen and water. if it persists and you gain 10 pounds next week, then cut back on cals. im 213 right now and i eat about 4000 a day also and im gaining about 1-1.5 per week. you should be fine.

Grasshoppa
    Did you go straight from cutting to bulking, or did you eat around maintenance and raised the calories gradually?
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Training for the Bahamas
    I went straight from cutting to bulking to try and safe a little time I guess. Big mistake huh