The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    bench, deadlift & eat!!!!! Mic Soloist's Avatar

WBB Beer Enthusiasts Thread

Over the last couple of years since turning 21, I've tried many beers. When I try a new beer I rate it and I've got a good list going so far. Beer is a passion for me and I love tasting new micros and imports. Kinda sucks that two of my favorite things (bodybuilding and beer) don't really go hand and hand. But I do the best I can. Any other beer lovers in here... let's discuss.

Anchor Steam - 3/10

Amstel Light - 5/10

Bass - 8.5/10

BBC Albier - 8.5/10

BBC American Pale Ale - 8.5/10

BBC Dark Star Porter - 8/10

Beck’s - 4/10

Bell‘s Winter White Ale - 8.5/10

Ben Harbor Blueberry Ale - 8/10

Bert Grant‘s Mandarin Hefe-Weizen - 6/10

Blanche de Chambly - 7/10

Blue Moon - 9/10

Boddingtons Pub Ale - 7.5/10

Browning’s Nut Brown Ale - 8/10

Budweiser - 0/10

Bud Light - 1/10

Bud Ice - 0/10

Celebrator Dopplebock - 8.75/10

Coors Light - 2/10

Corona - 1/10

Cumberland Brews Summer Brew - 9.25/10

Cumberland Brews Nitro Porter - 8.75/10

Cumberland Brews Bourbon Barrel Stout - 8,5/10

Cumberland Brews Stout - 9/10

Cumberland Brews Cream Ale - 8/10

Cumberland Brews Nut Brown Ale - 9/10

Cumberland Brews Pale Ale - 8/10

Cumberland Brews Red - 8/10

Czechvar - 9/10

Fin Du Monde - 6/10 note: would be higher but it is very high in content and has a hint of hard liquor taste. Not something I want in a beer.

Fosters - 7/10

Goose Island Christmas Ale - 8/10

Goose Island Nut Brown Ale - 8.75/10

Guinness Stout - 8.5/10

Harpoon Irish Red - 5/10

Heineken - 4/10

Killians Irish Red - 6.5/10

Hoegaarden Original White Ale - 8.75/10

Hobgoblin Ale - 8.5/10

Labott Blue - 7/10

Lawson Creek Honey Wheat - 7/10

Leinenkugel’s Honey Weiss - 8/10

Leinenkugel’s Red - 6/10

Micolob Ultra - 1/10

Miller Lite - 2/10

Newcastle - 8/10

Paulaner Hefe-Weizen - 9/10

Pete's Wicked Helles Lager - 8/10

Pete‘s Wicked Strawberry Blond Ale - 6/10

Pete’s Wicked Summer Brew - 9/10

Pete’s Winter Brew - 6/10

Red Brick Ale - 9/10

Red Stripe - 7/10

Rolling Rock - 4/10

Sam Adams Boston Lager - 7/10

Sam Smith’s Nut Brown Ale - 8/10

Schneider Weisse - 8.75/10

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - 7/10

Sierra Nevada Wheat Beer - 7.5/10

Swee****er ESB - 8.5/10

Swee****er Blue - 9.75/10

Swee****er Exodus Porter - 8/10

Tecate - 4.5/10

Tucher Helles Hefeweizen - 9.5/10

Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier -7/10
    Last edited by Mic Soloist; 11-30-2005 at 10:50 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

lol @ them blocking out sweet water cuz when it's spelled swee****er there is a tw-t in there.

goofy

anyone near atlanta needs to check out that brewery.

you should be shot for giving budweiser a 0/10

..and WHAT!? no natural ice? outnumber

Quagmire wannabe
    You should check out some Australian beers like Hahn Premium, Cooper's, Cascade etc.

http://www.australianbeers.com/ has more info on them.
    He who hesitates masturbates........

Budweiser - This beer is the poster child for the mega North American breweries. There are many reasons to hate this beer. I'll try to touch on a few so that every group is represented. My past opinions of Bud have drawn much hate mail questioning my manhood, sexuality, sanity, and patriotism. I hope this review finds you equally as offended. First and foremost, have any of you ever actually tasted this beer? Not drank, mind you, but tasted. Chugging this to get drunk is not tasting, because as any beer connoisseur will tell you, you have to savor the beer by drinking slowly, to absorb the different flavors. If most of you did that, you would pour the rest down the drain. This is awful. I'd compare it to water, but that's not fair to water. Water is drinkable. Second, I have a few friends in England who have vouched that Bud in Britain is higher in alcohol content over there. So, Bud assumes that Americans are not distinguished enough, and they sell us the crap and ship the good stuff overseas. That should offend any good beer-drinking American. Thirdly, they used to (cannot verify if they still) donate money to gun control causes (probably because they don't want their more, how should I say this to avoid offending all of you, redneckish clientele from constantly blowing each other away). Personally, I don't care; just thought some of you might want to know that. Fourthly, their business practices are vile. They have held up Budejovice (the Czech translation of Budweis) Budvar in a legal battle for "territory" for decades. If Bud was that sure of their quality, why not let them market in the US and compete head-to-head? Budweiser is German for "Someone from Budweis." Last I heard, Bud comes from St Louis, not Budweis. That's misadvertising, and they're accusing Budweiser Budvar of copyright infringement? Bud claiming to be a "Budweiser" is like Hillary Clinton passing herself off as a senator from New York (please see my rant on her). Let a respectable, decent tasting beer use that title. So, to summarize, it's crap, and its parent company engages in disgusting business practices, which is why you should not drink this stuff. And if your issue is price, try Miller or Coors. If your argument is that it's the best selling beer in the world, that's only because they've proven that we can be bought with flashy advertising. Don't let Anheuser Busch win your mind, think for yourself. (2/22/2002)

Natural Ice (Light) - This is the poster child for Trailer Park Beers. If you live in a house that had to have the wheels removed, if you were ever on an episode of "Cops" while wearing a wifebeater T-shirt, if gardening involves tractor tires painted white, laid flat on your yard, and filled with potting soil, or if you call anybody a Yankee who lives north of the Arkansas River, then you probably have some of this in your fridge...which is probably sitting on your porch (so you can get at it quicker while shooting rodents from your deck chair). This "beer" makes Budweiser sound good. Contrary to my previous review, I'm embarrassed to say I have tried this. Even by college student standards, and I know guys who drink Boone's Farm and Mad Dog in a pinch. No taste, no body, no redeeming factors. Not even a decent alcohol content. If you drink it for economical reasons, I can certainly sympathize... If you drink this because you think it tastes better than other beers, then you need to start going to meetings, because you've got a problem. I know many of you will have a problem with this assessment, and I look forward to your comments. If you would like suggestions for better "budget beers," I will be happy to share my knowledge.
    Last edited by Mic Soloist; 12-24-2004 at 08:03 PM.

there is a long list of Australasia beers I'd love to try. Coopers Sparkling Ale, James Squire Australian Best Ale, and Coopers Best Extra Stout topping the list.

All I've had from Down Under is Fosters. And I consider Fosters a decent lager but nothing compared to others I've had. It's a good everyday beer I suppose.

Quagmire wannabe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic Soloist
    there is a long list of Australasia beers I'd love to try. Coopers Sparkling Ale, James Squire Australian Best Ale, and Coopers Best Extra Stout topping the list.

All I've had from Down Under is Fosters. And I consider Fosters a decent lager but nothing compared to others I've had. It's a good everyday beer I suppose.
    Foster's are one of the worst tasting Australian beers ever made. Try some Dogbolter, Thirsty Dog, Red Ant, and Southwark Premium Lager.

I guess it depends on what you like. Pilsiner, lager, stout etc.

Anchor Steam porter one of my favs................

well I pretty much like everything... but hefe-weizen, lager, and ales of all types are my fav. I'm not a big fan of MOST American Pale Ale's. I love many stout's, porter's, ect.

Some of my very fav beers are:

Paulaner-Hefe-Weizen
    Czechvar (czech lager)
    Sweet Water Blue (blueberry favored beer from ATL Micro)
    Tucher Hefe-Weizen
    Many of the beers from the microbrew I work at (Cumberland Brews, Louisville, Kentucky USA)

i usually find a beer i like and stick with it as a safe bet for when i feel like drinking beer. i dont like to sample tons of different kinds.

i also dont mind the occasional bud or coors, probably because its what i used to drink 900 cans of before getting ripped back in the day. but to sit down and enjoy a beer nowadays its usually something like Newcastle.

Bev & More is ok once in awhile. a bit pricy. when i feel like spending more than a minimal amount on beer i'll stop here and get Beamish or some other Irish junkie drink.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Canadian beers rocks!!!!

Most of the beers I enjoy are from Canadian-based breweries, especially those that are in BC.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

I've tried some canadian beers and there are many more i'd like to try.

kokanee is good

Wannabebig New Member
    Hey Mic I'm a beer nut too . Your list is pretty good .

I love Celebrator , Bells ( it's local here ) , and some of your other micro's and imports .

Try some of the Samuel Smiths , or McEwans , Orval , Pilsner Urquell , Duvel .

Hey fenzla , coopers is good . Do they still brew Red Top Stout there ? Agreed on the fosters , it's poor .

I visited europe a couple times , drank my a$$ off . Awesome beers there . Canada too . US beers are not the best but some are pretty good .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

oddly enough i like russian beer, but its too expensive to drink in canada. Ukraine has got some great beers as well. I would try mor ebeers but i'm limited by being a university student
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

Quagmire wannabe
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawl
    Do they still brew Red Top Stout there ?
    I don't think I have ever heard of it. I don't really like stout, so I have probably passed it by. I will have a look for it.

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic Soloist
    I've tried some canadian beers and there are many more i'd like to try.
    Usually the best ones are from local microbreweries. So if you manage to swing by Canada, try some of the local beers.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

I like Barqs, I give it 10/10! :alcoholic
    6'2 206

Confused
    Budweiser actually tastes pretty good i think. Two beers i hate are Coors, and Yuengling.

The Big Wang
    natural light where that at?!
    and corona at 1/10?!?!?!?
    corona is my fave
    Weight: 175
    Height: 5'11"
    Max Bench: 300 pounds
    Six pack: Yes

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=55173
    ^^Tis I.

Confused
    Anyone brew their own? I was thinking about doin it.

Pilsner Urquell = greatest beer of all time.

There are many other close #2s, though, including Guiness, Newcastle, Bass, etc.

If you liked Czechvar you should definitely try Pilsner Urquell.

There's another good Czech beer called Branik; it has Jesus on the front of it with two angels holding him up. It's a great marketing ploy, if its good enough for Jesus, its good enough for me! I've never seen it outside of the Czech Republic, though.

Corona 1/10!!!!!!

Corona rules!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Quote Originally Posted by savdout209
    you should be shot for giving budweiser a 0/10

..and WHAT!? no natural ice? outnumber
    While you're getting upset about crappy beers not making the grade, don't forget to add Southpaw to your list. Bud is not great beer compared to world beers. And Natty Ice should be called Nasty Ice.

I brew my own beer and it takes forever but the product is pretty good. Well worth the time and effort.
    Last edited by Asylum; 12-25-2004 at 04:45 PM.
    Currently studying 20 hours a day with 2 hours for exercise and then 2 to sleep.

6'2", 180 lbs.
    Bodyfat in the 18% range... (Maybe)

VikingWarlord, getfit and Ryuage are my Natural PB sister and brothers...

"Your initials are M-U-D, and if you can't spell that means MUD." -Cobra underling from G.I. Joe