Thread: boxed meat?

boxed meat?

ok i searched and had trouble finding anything. I think this has been covered before so maybe someone could help me find an informative post. Are the perservatives really bad? Should I only buy fresh chicken? Cause I have been buying boneless skinless breasts frozen in a box from a boxed meat place. I heard they were bad and i thought i recalled someone mentioning they are bad on here.

It depends on what type of boxed chicken your talking about and what you mean by bad. If it's just normal frozen chicken breasts in a box it shouldnt be that big a deal. It may have some type of preservative and a little more sodium than the fresh stuff, but it's really not gonna make a big difference IMO. Whatever you can get cheaper bro.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

yeah i cant see this boxed stuff that i was buying before beeing too bad. Thanks for the info.

'Boxed meat' paints an ugly picture.

I got a ten pound box of foster farms chicken breasts...but all it is is individually wrapped and frozen chicken breasts that happen to be in a box.

I assume that you're not talking about a bunch of meat stuffed in a box with no wrapping that leaks red goo all over your hands and sticks to the counter.