The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig New Member

What should I be consuming?

I am a 19 year old male, weigh 160 pounds height about 5'7'' and I am a hard gainer. I'm just starting to train for the New Year. I would like to gain some lean muscle mass. Trying to aim for a Ryan Reynolds body. So I'm not sure where to start with the proteins and what to be taking in for my body. What protein shake would be best for what I am aiming for, brand and what not? Also anything else I should be taking in? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by Julian; 12-31-2004 at 06:43 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    are you the guy in the pic? whose ryan renolds, anyway if thats him, put a pic of your self and ill tell you where to start,... whats your bf? most likely somone is gonna tell you bulk, but its 2am news years day, everyone is bulking on alcohol or if your like ryuage, your bulking on rum and whey.

Wannabebig New Member
    here are some pictures of myself, and how do you calculate body fat?

Last edited by Julian; 01-01-2005 at 01:28 AM.

Disciple#1
    Excellent base you got to start with m8 if its the above look your going for.

Regarding what you should be eating, check out this thread http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565 , "what a bodybuilder eats" you can find it as a sticky at the top of this section of the forums. You'd wanna be eating between 1-1.5gram of protein per pound of body mass to build muscle, and as little "Saturated fats" as possible. But looking at your size and the goal you have i'd say try out the WBB#1 routine for lifting which is a basic 3 day split
    http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25 . Or if your already into lifting, have a look around the site using the 'Search' function at the top to see if anyone else has a routine which would suit you better.

The above and some intense cardio should see you set imo. Personally i'd say go for HIT as cardio, as if your keep to regularly working out the only part i see which is smallish compared to your goals is you chest and perhaps Obliques....cant really tell though till your cut up a bit.

Anyways hope this helps a little m8, good luck with yor goals and i'm sure others will pitch in thier oppinions once they've sobred up lol
    Last edited by Rik-s; 01-01-2005 at 02:37 AM.

Banned
    Concerning your protein intake,a simple guide that works wonders is to eat around 2.6x your body mass in grams of protein each day. I'm using metric measurements here, I have nfi about imperial though.

Disciple#1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexxi
    Concerning your protein intake,a simple guide that works wonders is to eat around 2.6x your body mass in grams of protein each day. I'm using metric measurements here, I have nfi about imperial though.
    I take it by "2.6x your body mass" you mean in Kg's ???? Personally everything i've read or heard about has indicated (in pounds) 1-1.5g per pound....I suppose taking it at 1g x 2.2(pounds per Kg) would bring you out closer to 2.6 from Kg ?????

Edit: Ah just noticed the "I have nfi about imperial though" doH
    Last edited by Rik-s; 01-01-2005 at 05:38 PM.

The Big Wang
    haha im sure everyone wants to look like him
    ryan reynolds got so cut.. hes the guy in van wilder and blade trinity..
    he takes whey and CLA..
    hes on the cover of mens health this month..
    Weight: 175
    Height: 5'11"
    Max Bench: 300 pounds
    Six pack: Yes

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=55173
    ^^Tis I.