The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: New to forums

New to forums

Well first of hello! Ive been reading the wannabebig forums and articles for quite some time now. I used to train as a power lifter when i was at uni, but since having children i havent done anything for the last 6 months or so. Im going to hit wannabebig original routine again, because this is what i did about a year ago and i loved it!
    Ive commited myself to hitting the routine hard and changing my lifestyle now i have more free time.
    Ive purchased an olympic bar with 120kg of weight which is similar to what i used back along, i know i will need heavier very soon so i will be buying more plates but i want to get my form very good before going heavier.. Ive led quite a sedentary lifestyle since leaving uni, so i will be on the forums quite a lot for motivation and just to join in general chat and to just enjoy it as i go along!
    Im 6 foot 2, and somewhat overweight, so i will be doing the starter routine, and the complexes for fat loss to get me on the right foot.
    Is there anything that you guys felt you should have done when starting? Or something you shouldnt have?
    Im kinda moving away from power lifting though, because althoug i would love to compete, i wouldnt have the time to do that just yet.

So yeah thats me!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Welcome to the forum. If I was just starting out today, I would keep it really basic and abreviated, something like Starting Strength, Hardgainer, or Chris Mason's Basic Mass Routine. I would skip doing anything that trained the arms or the abs until I was decently strong.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Could you give me a link to the starting stength routine? I did see it on wannabebig a while back but cant find it anymore. And thanks for the tip

There is actually a thread here that was started a few days ago that goes over what people would/would not do if they had their chance again. http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...our-time-again

But Off Road has hit the main points there, keep it simple.

The SS is on a sticky in the BB section mate.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Found the SS, i thought it was in the training routines section on the website. So i will start on that.
    Im 6 foot 2, and weigh 280lbs. I have a 38" waist and overweight. If i start on SS, it recommends to bulk eat for best progress, should i do this even though im already overweight?
    I did look around but couldnt find anyone else who was in my position now, so i want to get it right from the very beginning. If i do SS and bulk eat the right foods, will i put on more weight as bad weight and become more overweight, or will it mainly go into increasing my strength and size?

That's a question best asked in the Nutrition Forum...but, I would suggest eating maintenance levels to try to shed some fat through increased enrgy usage and gain some strength at the same time. It's harder to gain strength if you are in a caloric defecit. But it's also easy to get fatter if you are eating in excess. Eat just enough to maintain and see where you are at in a few months.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Yeah, sorry i didnt think at the time while posting that. I have made a thread in nutrition forum. Thanks for your help, its is greatly appreciated!