The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

i got kicked out of school for steroids, but i'm natty

so last May i got kicked out of school. i went to Liberty University, the spawn of Jerry Falwell. one day last April I went with 3 girls i had just met and a guy friend of mine to go swimming in a river about an hour away. when we were done, we dropped off the guy friend, then the three girls wanted to come over to my place to meet my dog. why not? realizing that we were going to go out to eat in a bit and not having time for a shower, i went into the back room behind 2 closed doors to wash up and change out of my swimsuit and whatnot. why not? i smelled like river water. i left my dog (a 60 lb black hole of energy) in the other room with the girls. long story short, i heard the girls screaming from the other room. remembering this dog had bitten me more than once, i threw on a pair of shorts, ran out and grabbed the dog. he was just playing it seemed, but had scratched them a couple times with his 2" talons, drawing blood.

the next day, the girls had told the dean's office of the situation (though "shorts" had become "boxer shorts", even if i do wear them to the gym). so no joke, i got kicked out of liberty university for "state of undress" because these girls saw me without a shirt on. my appeal was denied and i was able to reapply for the spring semester. i needed a letter from my parents (yeah. i'm 25 years old and i need my parent's permission), a letter from a pastor, a licensed Christian counselor that says i'm not at risk, and one of myself detailing my plan for "successful continuance at Liberty". well guess what? i mailed them all in (couldn't do it in person. any person kicked out of liberty is also banned from campus). well guess what? they didn't accept the letter from the pastor because he is a Liberty graduate and a friend of mine (yeah. you heard me right). and they didn't accept my letter for successful continuance because i didn't follow directions. yeah. heard me right there, too.

so here's where steroids come in. at some point, a lady at a church i was working at found out i was on "sports supplements" (actually referring to Digestive Enzymes). she in turn told the church that i was on steroids. she then called the school and told them i was on steroids. i got fired from that church position because "the youth group got too big" (in other words i was doing my job too well) and kicked out of school for the above detailed reason. now you and i both know that these aren't the real reasons, right? i had a head honcho of liberty (but not an administrator) pull me out of class one day and ask me very inquisitively if i was on steroids. of course i told him no (i'm natty). so i am confident....CONFIDENT...that they believe i'm on steroids and were looking for a reason to kick me out. they couldn't accuse me b/c then i could sue. so they did what libety does best and assume you're guilty without any real evidence.

the question is...what do you do in my shoes?
    bodybuilding is not a hobby for me. it's about a doctor saying i'll never walk again, and proving him wrong by conquering the physical world. it's more than a stress reliever; it is an answer to my critics who say i can't do it. it's more than a tool of physique; it's a tool of worship. it's more than a sport; it is who i am.

Inspiration Starts Here

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by pentacent500

the question is...what do you do in my shoes?
    Start worshipping Satan and then burn the place to the ground?

did you get it in writing that they kicked you out for steroids? sounds like an assumption...

you can get kicked out of "religious" colleges for stupider stuff...move on
    ~shrug~
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 12-28-2004 at 09:08 AM.

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    hahahh denim, before reading what you wrote i was going to say burn it to the ground...lol. thats pretty f*cked up but after all that, i wouldnt want to go to that school. if they're going to hate on you for no good reason then screw em. and is it illegal to be on steroids at school? I mean its none of their business right?
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Go to another school.

Why would you want to go to a University like this?
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

i've been told once or twice I'm not on them but people should be allowed to do if they want. I can understand if they are in sports or something but to just be a bodybuilder on them shouldnt be a problem...right? stupid school that is...I go to Strayer, they mind their own business and just take my money...I like it better that way

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    I'm with Paul. Why go to a place with this kind of mentality?
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino
    Why go to a place with this kind of mentality?
    I dont think you'll get much leeway in any school along these lines...
    Liberty University Statement of Purpose
    Liberty University is a Christian academic community in the tradition of evangelical institutions of higher education. As such, Liberty continues the philosophy of education which first gave rise to the university, summarized in the following propositions.

God, the infinite source of all things, has shown us truth through scripture, nature, history, and, above all, in Christ.

Persons are spiritual, rational, moral, social and physical, created in the image of God. They are, therefore, able to know and to value themselves and other persons, the universe and God.

Education as the process of teaching and learning involves the whole person, developing the knowledge, values and skills which enable the individual to change freely. Thus it occurs most effectively when both instructor and student are properly related to God and each other through Christ.
    http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=6899
    just be glad ur not at BYU, I hear they kick you out for kissing a girl there....
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 12-28-2004 at 09:23 AM.

oh don't get me wrong...i dont' want to. but i do want to get my degrees. i'm 1 course...3 credits...shy of my first master's degree and 45 credits shy of the end product. should i transfer, it would likely take me 2-3 semesters longer to finish school. also, i've been here for 4+ years and all my friends go there. to transfer would be to move.
    bodybuilding is not a hobby for me. it's about a doctor saying i'll never walk again, and proving him wrong by conquering the physical world. it's more than a stress reliever; it is an answer to my critics who say i can't do it. it's more than a tool of physique; it's a tool of worship. it's more than a sport; it is who i am.

Inspiration Starts Here

geoff...where'd you get that info? i have no problem with what that information says. i do have a problem with how that information is misleading. makes it sound like Liberty is just like any other Christian school out there. far from it. the place has Steven King movie written all over it.

Inspiration Starts Here

Banned
    why would those bitches tell on you.

**** that ****. that sucks dude. it pisses me off the way schools act. they're always all up in your business and just want to get you in trouble. half the time the teachers all suck anyway. find a better school dude. or try to find a loophole and sue their asses off.

grin and bear it if you're that close but yea, those girls should have been like "wow nice body i want to lick lick" instead of crying, what are they, in middle school?

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

I'm a semi-agnostic so take my advice with a grain of salt.

I would just move on, transfer your credits to another college and continue. No sense in wasting space and breath for something as half-phucked as Liberty.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by crazedwombat
    grin and bear it if you're that close but yea, those girls should have been like "wow nice body i want to lick lick" instead of crying, what are they, in middle school?

ha. well at the time i was 90 lbs more than i was on stage. was before my first show and i was one fat freak. granted i lost muscle before i stepped onstage...call it 70 lbs of fat and water. but you see the point. which i guess furthers my point of how there's no way i would do something inappropriate like that when i'm ashamed of my fat belly and the stretch marks.

Inspiration Starts Here

Well, I hate to bring it up, but... is a degree from Liberty worth anything?

I went to a school more on the Satan worshiping end of the spectrum, and a good time was had by all. Yeah, immoral values!

heeey you're out in lynchburg, nice, I used to date a girl from Sweet Briar College.

ah yes, 90lbs added on wont get the girls to strip. well, I dont understand why the college would want you out that bad, I mean you saved those girls from the beast, they should have been thankful

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

mix...my degree is depreciating by the day. i got my undergrad there and quite frankly, the more i think about telling people that my seminary was at liberty, the more i think they will laugh and tell me my degree was worthless. most Christian schools and most (all that i know of) seminaries don't do this crap. not like this and not to this level.

crazed...liberty and some of its drones have a way of forgetting what is important (them not getting killed by a giant dog) and focusing on exactly what you did wrong. the high school that is tied in with LU has even worse rules and dress codes. they are so focused on making sure every student's shirt is tucked in that they don't notice the kids that get drunk. hard to see the forest from one tree. or however that saying goes.

Inspiration Starts Here

State of undress? Are you saying no one has sex at this college? The 3 girls that came back to your place actually wanted to meet your dog and had no interest in a wild 4-way? I would transfer.

why would you give your money to these people?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Wannabebig Member
    Jerry Falwell is the christian version of Osama bin Laden. Find a better place for you to finish your education. Seriously.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    My interaction with christian schools is very limited. (I'm a mechanical engineer so I don't really know why this is true, do christian schools have crappy engineering programs?)

In any case, if there's one thing I learned, is if there is any place where beaucracy (sp.) is a problem, it's definetly universities.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

king...that's a little harsh. i'm not a huge jerry supporter or anything, but he is a really nice guy with strong vision. i don't always agree with what he says or does, but i can only think of one person i would compare to osama...and he's no longer dictator of iraq.

Tryska...i...um...don't have an answer. i guess i just got sucked in. wasn't such a bad school when i first got there but i just started learning more and more about the bullcrap that goes on. i've got in trouble for the stupidest stuff there, but this tops the cake.

sin...these girls are sheltered. very sheltered. it's like trying to teach an amish person to fly a fighter jet against martians. you know or something. regardless...Liberty is a bubble and for people who grew up in a bubble, liberty helps afford them that comfort. for those that want to see the world for what it really is, well...liberty is frustrating that effort to say the least. i think a transfer is closer now than ever before.

Inspiration Starts Here

Why does it seem like everyone is out to get you? Did you leave something out of your story?

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

nejar...that's a bit too broad to say that Christian schools do or don't have crappy or good engineering programs. like any school, they have different focuses. some are more philosophy-oriented, some religion-oriented, some mechanical and so on. i don't know where liberty stands on that spectrum. i know they claim to be the world's biggest truly-Christian school, so i would imagine they have something. whether or not it's good i don't know

Inspiration Starts Here

Beast...the bottom line is it all goes back to that lady misinterpreting "digestive enzymes" to mean "steroids", then spreading it around that i'm a felon (since steroids are considered a felony). in conservative virginia, that's the same thing as being a pastor and a heroin-addict or child molestor. to them, for me to be committing felonies (like steroids, which i wasn't even on) in secret, yet going to a Christian school and writing papers and speaking on Biblical topics was wrong. and i'll admit, i think that under those circumstances it would have been wrong. but the fact remains 1) it isn't as wrong as they make it out to be...and 2) i was never on gear anyway. no there really isn't much left out of the story. in my opinion, will i be able to prove that that's why they've caused all this trouble should i need to in a court of law?

Inspiration Starts Here