The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

My quest 4 football sec title

Hey wuts up guys. I play football and track
    I'm a running fullback and an outside linebacker.
    Started at fullback as a soph. Usually get the ball 25-35 times a game
    And track shotput, 100 meter, and 400 meter.

So i'm 16 and a half a sophmore i'm 5"9 180lbs
    100 meter- 13:28 seconds (More of a quick exsplosion runner)
    Max fullsquat- 290
    max bench-175
    Max hang clean-160
    Mon-fri usually lift in morning and have track.
    Booster. Shaklee protein shake (the best ever) Shaklee vitamins (incredible) shaklee pre workout energy drink, Some whey protein, and muscle milk. and fishoil

Goals- Increase strenght, fat loss, muscle mass, power, speed, flexibilty.

Ok have been lifting for about a month now.

Day 1
    Sunday-
    10 sets of 1 exsplosive shoulder press throws
    22lbs (pretty much just throw the barbell up as high as i can and get the hell out of the way)

3 sets until burn. Walking on heels.

5 minutes-balancing on a wobble board

One handed barbell lifts.

2.4 one handed snatches, 44lbs

2.2 bi curl to 1 handed shoulder press. 44lbs

2.5 1 handed floor press

2.5 1 handed bent ova rows

2.5 standing rows.
    Did 44lbs on all these.

Diet

Meal 1- One scoop of whey protein in water

Meal 2- 5 eggwhites and 2 egg yolk

meal 3- (preworkout) 2 scoops of muscle milk

Meal 4 (during workout) 2 wheat waffles loaded with penut butter.

Meal 5- post workout, scoop of whey protein

Meal 6- Duck burger with a bun,duck, mushrooms, sauce, and a few fries.

Meal 7- 2 table spoons of pineaplle cottage cheese

Right now im currently trying to lose bodyfat and gain muscle mass.
    Last edited by thetrain27; 03-16-2005 at 10:18 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

you can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time

Otherwise, that's an interesting workout, and i couldn't comment on it. It's obviously centered on football, which I know nothing about in relation to conditioning.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Patz; 03-13-2005 at 10:53 PM.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Why not? Just eat above your maintainence just a little bit.

"Sunday-
    22lbs (pretty much just throw the barbell up as high as i can and get the hell out of the way)"

So it.....drops on the ground or something?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Why not? Just eat above your maintainence just a little bit.

"Sunday-
    22lbs (pretty much just throw the barbell up as high as i can and get the hell out of the way)"

So it.....drops on the ground or something?

Well I drop it on the grass.

But ya today I pulled the sled around for a couple of exsplosive short sprints. Think did about 135lbs. Then I lifted for my upper body. Had no energy didnt eat anything before which was stupid.

Diet- Ate like **** today. ANYONE goign to try to lower calories and fat tommorow and wenseday and just eat protein. Then thur-Mon im going on a huge mini bulk cuz i have acsess to food nonstop as much as i want whenever.

If someone could pleez explain the zig zag diet or losing weight and gaining muscle at the same time would like to know more on this subject.
    thanks

If you gain muscle, which you will if you keep lifting, you will burn more calories and lose more fat. Doesn't sound like you have a lot of weight to lose if you are 5'9" and 180. If I were you I would just keep hitting the weights and eating healthy. With track, especially sprinting, you will lose weight. Don't try to screw too much with your diet, you're still young and probably have that nice fast metabolism. The diet that you posted before is pretty good. Where did you get your routine? Is it something that you just came up with or did a coach give it to you? I only ask because I am a high school coach and run the lifting program and off season training. I'm also the LB coach and help with the RB's and have some good drills.

Banned
    Mike G thanks I would appreciate any advice on either subject. Would really be intrested. And I have to do my coaches routine 4 days a week atleast i try to two lower and 2 upper But on sunday I just did my own thing.

Trying to get my ankles stronger also if anyone knows anything on that subject.

Tuesday- Woke up a 6 and went to lift. Did lower body stuff like cleans, squats, step ups, **** like that. Stayed until about 7:30 and did 7 minutes of abs.

After school track. Did a little upper body plyo's and then i did about 8 start off sprints from the blocks.

Diet.
    pre workout meal 1 (2 scoops of muscle milk in water)
    endurance sports drink.

Post workout meal 2- phsique protein shake.

meal 3-tuna sandwhich on 2 slices of bread.

Meal 4- tuna and mayo and 2 peices of white bread huge ass deli sandwhich and a mini bag of gold fishes.

Meal 5-tuna sandwhich on wheat.

Meal 6- scoop of whey, orange, and 5 eggs.

meal 7-cottage cheese
    salami and crackers

Advice on diet would be nice. I was thinking of something like on days I workout eating a ****load and days I don't just cut the calories down and take in protein and alot of fluids.

Also I have asmuth anyone know hot to get in shape for football and work around the astmuth?
    Thanks peace
    Last edited by thetrain27; 03-15-2005 at 09:57 PM.

Not to be an a$$, but I think you mean "asthma." I'm only saying because it took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about, and others might have trouble figuring it out as well.

5/3/1 Journal

I have asthma too and it was hard to play FB and MLB for an entire game. I'm lucky and outgrew it . Unfortunately, I don't think you can really do any type of training for it. Not sure about that though. As far as ankles one really simple thing to do is take a frisbee and put a tennis ball under it. Just put one foot on it and roll your ankle in every direction. Helps strengthen the tendons and ligaments. As for LB/FB drills a lot of them you probably do during the season. Here are a few of the off season drills I have my kids do. I can give you a list of the drill we do during pracitce if you want.
    Metabolics-Sport specific sprints. Run pass routes and run plays from the line of scrimmage and jog back to the line. Do ten plays in a row to simulate a drive, then rest for two minutes. Occasionally throw in a 40 yard sprint at the end of a play to simulate breaking a long run.
    Ball Drops- Have a partner stand about five yards away and drop a tennis ball. Start in a three point sprinters stance and try to catch the ball before it bounces again. Do this a few times then move farther back and have your partner drop the ball after you start to run. Increase the distance each time you can catch the ball until you can no longer catch it. This drill increases your acceleration. Do this 8-10 times.
    Diet-I would keep a steady intake and not jump day to day. The best advice I can give you is to get some protein in right after a workout. One more thing, if you are already lifting four days a week with a solid routine and Sunday is an off day, take it off. You won't make great progress if you don't allow time to recover. You grow outside of the gym, not in it.
    Last edited by Mike G; 03-16-2005 at 09:01 AM.

Banned
    Ok thanks.

Today ran 2 100's and 1 400 in a track meet.
    Thats all

Ate like **** and will go on a week bulk tommorow.
    peace

If you've got a few bucks, this thing will really help you with balance..

http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachtrad...nceboards.html

I played on one in a skateboard shop a few years ago, and it threw me like a wild bull!

My brother got going on it pretty well, and even managed to kickflip it like a skateboard, and then it tossed him nearly ten feet..lol There's a cheaper type of that thing called a "bongo-ball."

5/3/1 Journal

Banned
    Ok today I did a lowerbody workout

First i stretched out and did agilitys for track then headed to the weightroom and did squats, powercleans,powerpulls,overhead squats, calf raises, leg extensions, hamstring curls and stiff legged deadlifts.

Banned
    Been very busy lately. Ok well since friday until tuesday I worked out twice, one day chest and one lats did a bbodbuilding split cuz iwas at a ****ty gym with no free weights.
    i also had acsess to free, smoked salmon,soda's, wine, dessetsm chocleate, bagels, kasabga everything u can imagaine, prlly consumed about 8,000 calorites a day and some days more i ate like 6 meals and just pigged the hell out.
    Oh ya did alot o thf walking and some pushups once in awhile and did tabata body weight squats.
    so its like this
    20 secs as many squats as u can
    10 sec rest and repeat 7 times and i did this once
    Last edited by thetrain27; 03-23-2005 at 09:54 PM.

Banned
    Yesterday wenesday I did a 6 hour workout for my arms. Every half hour i would do a super set of either bi curls and skull crushers or reverse curls and diamond pushups 8-10 range. I didnt finish the workout cuz i got stressed out and ate good up until about 6 started to get pissed and eat junk

THur today I pretty much did 4 sets of hang cleans 6 reps 4 sets of squats 8 reps. Um walking lunges, a set of ham curls a set of stiff legged deadlift and a set of calf raises. .

Banned
    Will update later today.. Any suggestion?
    Also where is the best place to get high quality supps that rn't sythetic and stuff and are real and actually work?

Banned
    Ok today is friday. Today I did so far a quickness/speed program and a one arm barbell lift program and will do an ankle/balance program in a little bit.

I created all these programs i'm doing today

Around 2 I did this

2 minute warmup jog

light stretch

butt kickers 2.25 yards
    high knee's 2.25 yards
    lateral shuffles 1.25 each side
    2.5 chest hops
    5.10 yard belly start sprints
    3 sets of short shuttle drill
    quick stretch

one handed lifting program I did around 7:00

so i did this program right here with both arms

3.6 one armed hang clean to push press 44lbs
    3.3 one armed barebll bi curl to should press 44lbs
    3.6 floor press 44lbs
    1.30 sec iso 1 handed overhead shoulder raise hold. 44lbs

I will do this ankle program in a little bit

6.6 seconds of dorsi flexion ( place hands on table and raise on top of toes and hold}
    747's 3 sets of 30 seconds balance on one leg on toes and bend at the waste.
    walking on heels 3 sets until burn
    heel raises 2 sets- 1-2 minutes
    shin raises 2 sets 1-2 minutes.

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    you can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time
    It is not impossible to do this, especially if you are obese or are a newbie. Those with great genetics can also lose fat and gain muscle.

If you're dedicated enough, especially with your diet (i.e. everything is fine tuned and dialed in exactly), losing fat and gaining muscle is a possibility; albeit, very difficult. It is not the most efficient process, as you would probably put on more lean mass or lose more fat if you just chose bulking or cutting exclusively.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Banned
    Nah not obese and wouldn't consider myself a newbie. You think u culd help me out with this kinda diet your talking about?

Today saturday I did a simple calf workout

I did 1 set of 3 exsplosive calf jumps 44lbs

1 set of up with 2 feet down with 1 calf raises 15 on each 44lbs

1.25 seated calf raises each foot 44lbs

superset with 44lbs
    inward 10
    outward 10
    feet touching 10
    feet far apart 10
    feet crossed 10

Banned
    Sundays workout