The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just a thought

Wannabebig Member

just a thought

Maybe I'm an idiot for posting this but------I always wonder why these guys who are 140 pounds soaking wet never go to the gym and try to improve their bodies. To top it off they act like they are all that and then some. I just don't get how a girl finds being with a guy with 12 inch arms and is weaker than my sister can be appealing. I know if I was female it would seem more appealing to feel muscles rather than bones. I hope I have not offended anyone with these comments as these are just thoughts. I myself am 6 feet 253 pounds with a 415 bench, 535 squat and 555 deadlift and drug free--even supplement free I do it all on food and sleep. Does anyone have thoughts on this? Thanks.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I think this everyday, maybe you need to find some other girls...or feeling fat...grrr now im just getting pissed, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
    Last edited by Orange357; 11-15-2001 at 08:05 PM.
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

Bigger fewl
    I think that's an obvious answer. Most females are looking for personality, not body.
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow!

Carpe diem

Milk.... it does the body good.

those are good lifts
    upper chest freak

Wannabebig Member
    yes I know they look for personality but I am basing this on equal personality, hypothetically of course. My point is I don't understand why someone skinny as a rail would not want to improve their physique. Maybe I am a little close-minded on this, but sometimes I just don't get it. I better not find other girls because I am married to a stunningly beautiful woman.

Maybe they just better looking than you.

Wannabebig Member
    sytekz--I am not complaining about my own situation--I am happily married--it is just a general thought.

LMAo! shut up guys...
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    How old are you? Those are some monsterous stats and even more impressive for a natty!!
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 515 SQ 295 BE 570 DL.....1375 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    515 SQ 302.5 BE 585 DL

Wannabebig Member
    I am 35 an old man now. I found that after I turned 35 I just got stronger and bigger than ever. I get off lifting bigger weights than some of the juicers around the gym. I don't think the juice is bad at all, I just don't like the juice monkeys who walk around with flared lats and big mouths and then bench 225 3 times and act like they own the world. If a guy is on the juice and quietly goes about his business in the gym and puts up huge lifts and you just know under his shirt or sweater he is huge, I will forever respect him. Again I am babbling, but that is what happens when you get old.

Props to you. I know I'll still be liftin when I'm an old man like you.

I hear ya on that last comment. Welcome aboard btw. Do you consider yourself a powerlifter or do you have interest in powerlifting?
    515 SQ 302.5 BE 585 DL

Wannabebig Member
    I work around the basic powerlifting movements only. I believe that has given me the foundation I have and don't really believe in light weights high reps. I will only use free weights unless it is treps pushdown, lat pulldown or low pulley rows. I freakin love the free weights. I'm too damn lazy to diet anyways--I'm carrying
    17-18 per cent bodyfat--I like to eat and that won't change.

well skinny is kind of in, man......i know when i was younger i was into skinny....time and experience changed that though....
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Some of you Canajuns are big fellas.

I find myself babbling more and more as well as I age.

Tryska also seems to have this issue.

Certainly, what women find attractive varies. Most of the women I meet are smitten by my wit, intelligence, kindness, patience, etc.. not by my Hurculean* body.

My wife never dated anyone nearly as big as I am, and I'm certainly not hyooj. She didn't want to ever feel intimidated. Since I'm such a nice fella, she got over it. (her ex was 5'10 and 135, and that was pretty normal for her during her dating as well.) She still drops hints that she'd rather I didn't get any bigger.

*If Hurcules was a little smaller and fatter than you normally picture him.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

blah blah blah what blah blah?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Alot of the girlies tell me that I look good and don't need to get bigger. My girl used to say that when we were first dating... until I got her into the whole lifting scene. Now she's the one complaining she's big enough. heh heh heh.
    Last edited by Tadger; 11-16-2001 at 10:54 AM.
    "We cannot but pity the boy who has never fired a gun; he is no more humane, while his education has been sadly neglected."
    -Henry David Thoreau

"For the last ten years, Saddam has been building, stockpiling and hiding weapons all over the ****in desert, while laughing at the UN. As soon as Bush says, 'That's it we're comin in to kick your ass,' and the UN is inches away from supporting him. Saddam turns around and says, 'Um... United Nations.... sure, we'll let the weapons inspectors in.... no terms or conditions.' The United Nations.... being the left-wing, pansy-ass, limp-wristed, liberal bastards they are, turn around and believe him."
    -Col. Foreman, USAF

email: tadger@wannabebig.com
    secure email: tadger@cyber-rights.net

I like when girls will freak out if you mention steroids and say a certain size or weight is big enough.

Then those same girls will check out and drewl over some freakin walking pharmacy and I'm just like wtf??

<-------------- chicks
    515 SQ 302.5 BE 585 DL

Did you know a **** load of beautiful women never get asked out? Why do you find it suprising that the same thing happens to guys that fit societys' view of the perfect male? Also, it depends a lot on the girls appetite in men.. some find huge guys intimidating. Hell, a recent study (in which they showed the faces of men and made them look softer (feminine) or harder (masculine) showed that women perferred those that looked more feminine. Don't exactly know what my point here is.. I've got two really. One, they might find guys like you (they love the skinny ass me) out of their league, and thus are afraid to approach or go out with you.. or the masculine look might have died out around the same time we stopped hunting for our food.

But on the bright side, you'll probably never be hit on by guys at a bar, so working out isn't all for nothing. Right?

B.
    LaLa

Wannabebig Member
    Plus a lot of those skinny guys are intimidated to go to the gym period. I'm sure most of them wish they could improve upon their bodies just don't have the guts to go bench 85 lbs in front of a gym full of guys in muscle shirts.

I guarantee you that is one of the main reasons skinny guys stay skinny for as long as they do.

Plus a lot of those skinny guys are intimidated to go to the gym period. I'm sure most of them wish they could improve upon their bodies just don't have the guts to go bench 85 lbs in front of a gym full of guys in muscle shirts.

I guarantee you that is one of the main reasons skinny guys stay skinny for as long as they do.

I know thats how i felt first walking in there. its easier for me though since theres many beginners and old folks around in my gym, i might have to switch gyms some time cuz the weights got too light.

Screw that-- I always used the bigger guys as motivation when I first started out.

I knew I was skinny and weak, but that just served to drive me. Granted I'm no monster, but compared to what I was, I can at least get respect now.

Its all about perception. If you want it, you'll get it. Some people just don't see it to be that important.

Until I started lifting three years ago, I never gave a damn about my body, and probably wouldn't to this day if I hadn't taken a weight training class in high school because of a schedule conflict. I was one of the smaller and weaker ones in the class, but it got me hooked.

Lifting's kinda like crack. If you never touch it, you won't have the desire to do it. But try it for just a little while, and you never want to quit.
    Last edited by PowerManDL; 11-16-2001 at 03:41 PM.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Wannabebig Member
    It's great you had that perception, but it's the same thing as some people being deathly afraid to speak in public while others don't even flinch.

Everyone is very different psychologically.

Originally posted by PowerManDL
    Screw that-- I always used the bigger guys as motivation when I first started out.

I knew I was skinny and weak, but that just served to drive me. Granted I'm no monster, but compared to what I was, I can at least get respect now.

Its all about perception. If you want it, you'll get it. Some people just don't see it to be that important.

I'm the same way as Powerman in that account. If the gym was full of people my size and smaller, then I'd quit within the first week. Those big bastards force me to actually give my all just by being there. Prove to them (despite the fact not a single one is watching me) that I can do it.

Then again, some days I feel like being the smallest one is the worst thing in the world.. And I hate all the big bastards for being there. Suppose it's all in the mind.

B.
    LaLa

I don't think 140 is generally small. I'm 135, 18yrs old, but 5'3.5 (when ur short like me extra sig figs make u look taller ). I look good IMO and lots of ppl say so.. Yea i am kinda offended, but at how u worded the post, not the content BTW ur pretty frickin big and strong...
    "Pumpin ain't easy"

Simplistic
    most women like a guy with a good body just as much as a guy likes a girl with a good body, it's just not socially acceptable for them to admit it because then they get labeled as sluts or superficial. If a guy does it then who cares because thats acceptable behavior. BTW there are a lot less guys out there with good bodies than there are girls so there is less for girls to pick from. Maybe I'm just bitter from bad experiences with women but Ive seen the same girls say many times that a good body doesn't matter and then turn right around and gawk at a guy with a good body and talk about how hot he is. There is nothing wrong with that I just wish they would be honest.
    Sorry for getting off on a tangent.