Thread: Question for those that train late regarding Carbs

Question for those that train late regarding Carbs

Ok.. for those that train in the evening..after you take your PWO Shake containing carbs, the next meal would you still take carbs?? As an example, I train at about 6pm. I finish training at about 7:30 max, at which time I take a PWO drink containg 60gr Maltodextrins and 40gr Whey. The next meal would come at about 8:30 should I still take starchy carbs at that time of the day ? or should I just take fibrous carbs?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by majsi98
    Ok.. for those that train in the evening..after you take your PWO Shake containing carbs, the next meal would you still take carbs?? As an example, I train at about 6pm. I finish training at about 7:30 max, at which time I take a PWO drink containg 60gr Maltodextrins and 40gr Whey. The next meal would come at about 8:30 should I still take starchy carbs at that time of the day ? or should I just take fibrous carbs?
    Doesn't really matter, although I'd suggest low GI carbs in your last meal of the day.

yes eat carbs and as dirt said lower gi carbs.
    Never Giving In.

Quote Originally Posted by majsi98
    I would definetly take malto or dextrose in your PWS regardless of what time it is...

I would stick with smaller amount of carbs with your last meal if your eating at around 8:30 and going to bed shortly after...

carbs won't make you fat if your total daily calories are in check... however, why load up on carbs if your going to bed...

I train at about 9pm. Lately I've been coming home to eat chicken and veggies post workout and then before bed I have a shake in water with 5 fish oil caps.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Banned
    What are gi carbs? What contains maltodextrin or is that a supplement?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [[[----]]]
    What are gi carbs? What contains maltodextrin or is that a supplement?
    GI is the glycemic index. Maltodextrin is a type of carbohydrate that is very high on the glycemic index. I'm pretty sure it's commonly referred to as corn sugar, but I could be wrong. You can buy it at most bulk food stores. I'd explain further, but for you to get anything from this you're better off googling "glycemic index" or "glycemic index and foods" or somethign like that so you can get a better idea of what types of foods are high and low GI.

Majsi, im in the exact same boat as you. i finish at about 7:15 and have a PWO shake At 7:30 (dex, Nitrean). i eat a whole food meal at about 8:30 w/carbs + protien. then at 10-10:30 i have my final meal of 3 eggs and protien shake. dont worry about carbs for the first 4 hours after training. during that time your body is taking everything you put into it and diverting everything into your muscles.