The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

20 inch arms by the time im 19

i am just curious as to wether i could add 2 inches to my arms in a year i am now 18 with 18 inch arms, i want to be 19 with 20 inch arms so i got 12 months is it possible?.

i have seen threads on here about adding 10 pounds of mass or something for every inch on ur arms is this true, should i just eat and work out, i am on 3 protein shakes a day with creatine, anythign else that will help?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I wannabebig!
    is there anything else you care about besides how big you can get your arms?

Wannabebig Member
    Yeah, sure it is possible... But I dont think 2 inches of pure lean muscle is possible. Unless you're on juice, then maybe.
    6'6", 236 lbs, about 12-13% bf,

Classic split =
    HST =
    DC Training =

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    big arms are nothing when on a wimpy torso. people that just work on their arms are the disliked curl jockeys. you dont want to be one of them...
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

i dunno bout you, but i started this absolutely crazy arms routine three weeks ago and i added a little over half an inch to my arms, and 2 inches to my forearms. So anything is possible! I say just hard work and disipline and you will own those arms in no time.
    CLEAN BULKIN' LIKE A VULKIN'!!

18 years old
    180lbs

Bench--300lbs (as of 2/23/07)
    Deads--415lbs (as of 2/20/07)

Wannabebig Member
    Train your back, and your squat... its a saying that goes like this.. your squat goes up.. everything goes up.. Its almost proven..

So train your biceps as much as you'd like.. you'll grow, but don't expect 20 inch arms if your not training your legs, unless that of course you are juicing.. you don't know how many guys I see who have huge arms and upper bodies, and literally twigs for legs... I mean it looks like they'd have hard time doing 135 squats, not that thats bad, but for their lower upper body comparison that is

Quote Originally Posted by heavylifterx
    Train your back, and your squat... its a saying that goes like this.. your squat goes up.. everything goes up.. Its almost proven..

So train your biceps as much as you'd like.. you'll grow, but don't expect 20 inch arms if your not training your legs, unless that of course you are juicing.. you don't know how many guys I see who have huge arms and upper bodies, and literally twigs for legs... I mean it looks like they'd have hard time doing 135 squats, not that thats bad, but for their lower upper body comparison that is
    Coming from someone whom benches what he deadlifts

I'm just giving you a hard time, I don't know your situation.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Like arnold said....if you want to add 1/2 inch to a certain muscle you need to add 1/2 inch to every muscle

Mint
    Quote Originally Posted by BCC
    Coming from someone whom benches what he deadlifts
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Last edited by Rex; 01-05-2005 at 02:42 PM.

lol its funny how people think because u ask about one measurement u neglect the rest, i am working everything the same way, obviously i am gunna get everything to grow in proportion, i aint no curl jockey i do more back work than anything i just have natrually big arms

Yeah I don't know why some of the members are giving you a hard time about wanting to add size to your arms. Your measurements all look fine, nothing out of proportion, so it's not like you're neglecting other areas. If you wanted to add 2 inches to your legs they'd actually be answering your question of, "is it possible". Just keep at it and see what happens.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Nissen
    Yeah I don't know why some of the members are giving you a hard time about wanting to add size to your arms. Your measurements all look fine, nothing out of proportion, so it's not like you're neglecting other areas. If you wanted to add 2 inches to your legs they'd actually be answering your question of, "is it possible". Just keep at it and see what happens.
    :withstupi
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

yah man just look at his stats.....
    Started Weight - 130
    Current Weight - 171 as of 2\18\05 WOOHOO
    GOAL - 175-180

Height - 5'6

My jornal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=61203

I wannabebig!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey
    lol its funny how people think because u ask about one measurement u neglect the rest, i am working everything the same way, obviously i am gunna get everything to grow in proportion, i aint no curl jockey i do more back work than anything i just have natrually big arms
    most of your posts have to do with your arms and how big you want to get them or have gotten them in what amount of time.... I wonder why

Wannabebig Member
    wow, I'm being attacked for a reason I don't know... this is one of the reasons why I don't like forums, is because people are fault finders, I never said I had an awesome deadlift, but I never deadlift, because of my back... your right you don't know my situation... I have deadlifted maybe 10x's since I've started lifting, and squatted maybe 20x's... off and on. I usually legpress, My personal legpress record is 1,200x3... so I don't have weak legs, just I have to be super careful for my back.

Besides, I was giving advice not strutting my stuff...

maybe my questions are about my arms ebcause i dont feel i have to worry about my other muscles because they are making excellent progress?

wow, I'm being attacked for a reason I don't know... this is one of the reasons why I don't like forums, is because people are fault finders, I never said I had an awesome deadlift, but I never deadlift, because of my back... your right you don't know my situation... I have deadlifted maybe 10x's since I've started lifting, and squatted maybe 20x's... off and on. I usually legpress, My personal legpress record is 1,200x3... so I don't have weak legs, just I have to be super careful for my back.

I wasn't attacking. Like I said, I didn't know your situation and was just giving you a hard time. I assumed anyhow you didn't squat/dead often for reasons unknown which I now know is your back.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

3:16

He was joking. Not been serious
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Banned
    wow this is horrible.

anyway, i would say it's possible if your working as hard as you can. do chinups along with hammer curls and curls and you should be fine.

Wannabebig Member
    I missed the bottom part

I think it was for a reason....... he said what he meant, but at the same time he didin't want hard feelings... thats why people usually joke anyhow... they want to share how they feel, but act as if they don't really mean it...

its ok though, I don't really care, because its something beyond me, that I have a back problem... I have you know that I can still do 405x15 reps on squat, just I don't max out.... so when I say PR, that means my personal record of highest weight... it doesn't mean maximal weight I can do if fI tried.

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    back to arms. Hope you get it I dont see why you cant.
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

I wannabebig!
    well if you have 18 inch arms and they are lagging behind your other body parts you must be a friggin beast.

well its pretty simple to add a few inches on ur arms but its if u wanna look disgusting... in other words the way i curl is that ill do like reps of 80 and increase 5 pounds every time... so if ur increasing by 5 pounds every other day, its simple to put an inch on ur arms...

im like 16 and im only like 5'7 but i got like 15 inch arms doing it that way

i wish i had some of ur height ur lucky as hell

Quagmire wannabe
    Quote Originally Posted by ilankaplan1
    well its pretty simple to add a few inches on ur arms but its if u wanna look disgusting...

I didn't understand any of that. It's easy to add a few inches on your arms?!
    He who hesitates masturbates........