The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

20" ARMS

To answer the question-is is possible to have 20 inch natural arms, you would have to qualifiy that with some parameters-ie, fat content, etc and that has already been mentioned. I weigh 240lbs and have 20 inch arms-cold before a workout-I have posted some links to pics in the past and you could see that I am in decent shape, but certainly not bodybuilding shape. Most people tell me I look like a well built pro-wrestler, but if you put me next to an amateur bodybuilder, or even a well built gymnast, I would look fat. I would venture to say that havin 20 inch arms with "bodybuilders" body, though is possible, is not very likely-unless they weigh well more than 250lbs-and there are a lot of those types of guys out there. When I started lifting, they used to talk about pro bb'ers who were 220+ as being "monsters" and now that is considered a lighter weight.

In addition, if you ever see a guy at the gym or out in public, who is wearing a short sleeve shirt, etc and the first thing you notice is that the guy has huge arms, chances are, he has little development elsewhere-minimal at best-if you see a really well built guy, who is proportioned correctly, you dont realize how big he is until you get up close to them-the symmetry sort of overshadows the individual muscles. Just like if you ever glance over a a female and you sort of go "wow" check her out-chances are she has 2-3 features that really "stand out", but the more you look, the less "wow" appeal she has. The most incredibly gorgeous women that I have ever seen all had one thing in common-the more you looked-the more you appreciated their beauty, but there was not one thing that really stood out.

ok, I am rambling now, but I am home with the babies and my wife has to travel out of town because her best friend's father was killed two nights ago and she is attending the funeral. I took a day off of the clinic and the babies are napping and I am enjoying the solitude.

and...Maki, if you read this-outstanding GPP article, great, great stuff

Keith

i just measured my arms again today...and my forearms are the same size as my arms, they are both 12" (well my arms are more like 12.5"..but still pretty close)

i hope that means my arms can get bigger lol

3:16
    Quote Originally Posted by KeMiKaL
    i just measured my arms again today...and my forearms are the same size as my arms, they are both 12" (well my arms are more like 12.5"..but still pretty close)

i hope that means my arms can get bigger lol
    they will if you eat and train smart.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.