Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Morning Ritual

Hybrid View

Your Morning Ritual

Everybody has a routine they go through each morning, what's yours? Is there something you can do without in the morning before work or school?

For me, it's getting up everyday at 6am for work and stopping off for a large strong cup of coffee and then reading the paper at work. Without the coffee I don't think I'd make it in the mornings.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

i get up at 4 am and i need a huge cup a coffee can't do without it! then the day smiles at me! well most of the time
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Drug addicts.

That's what you both are.

Congrats.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

I get up at 5 45 for school.... take a shower eat breakfast and i have to wait for my bus.... the shower always wakes me up i dont know what i would do without it
    Started Weight - 130
    Current Weight - 171 as of 2\18\05 WOOHOO
    GOAL - 175-180

Height - 5'6

My jornal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=61203

6am: alarm sounds
    6:01: Profanity.
    6:10: Muster will to get out of bed. Kiss sleeping wife.
    6:11: Sit on toilet
    6:15 (or so, depending): Get in shower
    6:22: Shave
    6:26: Emerge from bathroom. Kiss wife. Pet dog.
    6:27: dress
    6:35: go downstairs, disarm alarm. Get WSJ, peruse headlines. Put on shoes.
    6:40: feed dog
    6:42: pour OJ, take pills.
    6:44: Pack food for day
    6:55: Make and drink Opticen
    7:00: Brush teeth
    7:02: Kiss wife. Make sure she gets up.
    7:05: Ask dog if she wants to go for a walk. She does.
    7:15: return from walk
    7:16: give dog treat.
    7:17: call voicemail at work to see if anything has come up
    7:19: get stuff in gym bag
    7:25: Kiss wife, chat a bit, say goodbye
    7:30: Hit the road.

I get a cup of coffee or a diet coke when I get to the office at about 8, sit down, and get to it. I'm most productive between 8 and 10 or so. After that, I'll read the paper and get online a bit.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

what about your breakfast? I am super hungry every morning.

8:00 AM - wake up, turn the stereo on. put some coffee to brew and hit the bathroom (teeth, ****, shower, shave etc).
    8:30 AM - down a 800 cal shake, drink coffee and get online to check mails and news.
    9:00 AM - iron my clothes
    9:20 AM - leave for work and get another large coffee on the way.

Times vary depending on what I have to do between leaving home and getting to work, but this is pretty much what happens every morning

*Wake up
    *Go downstairs to the kitchen and down a caffeine pill
    *Prep the meals for the day
    *Take the daily morning dump
    *Get dressed, grab the MP3 player and go for my morning walk
    *Walk for about 1 hour
    *Get back home and take a shower
    *Take the second morning dump (yeah, my digestive system is very efficient)
    *Get dressed for work
    *Cook and eat breakfast with my dog (as soon as she hears the sound of the plate on the table she comes down to the kitchen and goes back up to lay on MY bed and soon as the plate is empty, same thing happens when I'm cooking chicken after I get out of bed)
    *Go back upstairs, brush teeth and say hello and goodbye to my wife (she usually wakes up while I'm having breakfast and it takes her a good 15-20 minutes to "land")
    *Leave for work
    Last edited by EdgarMex; 01-05-2005 at 05:06 PM.
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

Wake up around 5
    Have a shake
    Shave
    Workout
    Eat
    Jerk off
    **** again (fiber is good)
    Shower
    Get Dressed
    Leave for work around 745

If I didnt spank it, Id prob have a boner all ****ing day.
    Last edited by Y2A; 01-05-2005 at 05:14 PM.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Quote Originally Posted by Y2A
    If I didnt spank it, Id prob have a boner all ****ing day.
    You said it. Even that doesn't fix it some days.

since i work graveyard..

7amish-get home
    8am-take daughter to school
    815am-go to sleep
    3pm wake up and pick up daughter
    315pm-day begins, take in first meal of day

i guess my only consistency would be preparing meals for before and during work. i hate coffee, gave up energy drinks, so none of that applies
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

F'n RAGE man, RAGE
    4:30am--Wake up, start truck while still in my bed (haha, **** this cold weather...auto start LMAO) put on shorts and shirt and go piss
    4:35am--fix a protein shake and bowl of Wheaties, take all my Vitamins
    4:40am--brush teeth and then chew gum (reason for gum is next)
    4:45am--grab a gatorade, mix with creatine and glutamine (gum is to kill nasty toothpaste taste) Grab my workout bag
    4:47am--Hit the road to gym
    5:00am--Get to gym
    Last edited by Pitfan04; 01-05-2005 at 05:52 PM.

I get up around 7:00 - 7:20, have a shower, sit around (maybe eat something), then get a ride to school.
    6'2 206

Down with the Sickness
    8am alarm nudge wife to hit snooze
    815am alarm nudge wife again to hit snooze
    830am alarm again nudge wife to hit snooze rub eyes
    835am roll over and get some loving from the wife
    915am get up stretch the sore back a bit (car accident injury) scratch my ass run the shower to get water hot
    918 let dogs out
    920 go and get my son out of his crib and change his diaper and give him a bottle
    927 let dogs in and get in the shower
    945 get dressed eat breakfast watch news inbetween
    1000 grab my meals for the day (my wife makes em) kiss wife and son goodbye
    1015 stop at corner store for red bull and a coffee
    1030 walk in to work and check e-mails and messages
    1045 start motivating my reps to get on the phones

I usually work out at night after work i will change that here real soon, and start getting up at 430 am. It is going to be to much like when i was in the service.
    Last edited by sublime99; 01-05-2005 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares
    I get up around 7:00 - 7:20, have a shower, sit around (maybe eat something), then get a ride to school.
    It's a difficult life...

6:40 - Alarm sounds, kiss girlfriend, hit snooze
    6:50 - Alarm sounds, kiss girlfriend, hit snooze
    7:00 - Alarm sounds, kiss girlfriend, hit snooze
    7:10 - Alarm sounds, kiss girlfriend and tell her to go home, look at clock, s**t I'm going to be late
    7:15 - Shave
    7:20 - Shower
    7:24 - Towel off, clean ears, put on deodorant
    7:30 - Get dressed
    7:36 - Bowl of cereal (real breakfast is at work)
    7:45 - Hop in car and head to work
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Great thread.

8:00am - open eyes, laying in bed.
    8:15am - get up, go to the bathroom, brush teeth, put contacts in etc..
    8:25am - Make breakfast (usually eggs, protein shake, ww bread)
    8:35am - turn on t.v. flip through channels, watching cartoons etc.. Maybe flip through the main section of the newspaper.
    9:00am- Usually watching tv, then go to the gym at 9:45am. Or take a shower and get ready for school.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

6:50:00 alarm goes off
    6:50:05 turn off alarm
    6:50:07 get back into bed
    7:00-7:30 wake up "for reals"

then...

sit on toilet to poop/sleep, shower, get dressed, eat, brush teeth, out the door by ~8:15

Quote Originally Posted by Jotosuds
    then...

sit on toilet to poop/sleep...
    That could be a dangerous, and messy, combination

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

6:30- Alarm
    6:33- Shave/Wash Face
    6:50- Cottage Cheese/Whey
    7:00- Brush Teeth
    7:05- Get Dressed
    7:10- Fix Hair
    7:25- Go to school

Banned
    5:00 alarm sounds; hit snooze and lie there half awake cursing my fate that I'm up so damn early

5:10 alarm sounds again; turn it off this time and slip out of bed.

5:10:05 trip over the goddamn cats, who are trying to get my attention not because they're HUNGRY but because they just want some fresh food in their bowl, the spoiled little ****s

5:11 morning visit to the porcelain throne, while questioning the sexual habits, ancestry, and moral turpitude of the cats, who continue to whore for attention by rolling around on the tile floor on the backs and rubbing against my feet while I'm trying to concentrate and take a decent crap

5:13 attempt to insert contact lenses; discover that the drool caked at the corner of my mouth is mirrored by eye phlegm thoroughly crusting both eyes. Clean eyes and re-attempt.

5:15 don a fluffy cotton robe ($29.95, President's Choice bathrobe, purchased at Zehrs if you can believe that, and are from Ontario and know what a Zehrs market is)

5:16 climb three flights of stairs to the bathroom and shower/shave... once again pray to God thanking whoever invented the awesome shower head I bought to replace the low-flo piece of donkey scrotum that used to be on the shower before I moved in and replaced it

5:18 think about having a quick wank in the shower but realize I'm too tired and I'm in a hurry to get out of the house anyway

5:20 brush teeth, moisturize (hey I'm getting old and my skin gets dry)

5:23 head downstairs to kitchen, throw container of irish oatmeal in the microwave to heat while I get dressed

5:24 get dressed, kiss soundly sleeping wife on temple

5:30 wolf down oatmeal with some flax caps and some bee pollen and a scoop of Nitrean, look longingly at the new juicer I got and realize that I don't have any ****ing time in the morning and how the hell am I supposed to juice anything before leaving for work

5:38 prepare to leave for the bus station, assembling all required gear/papers/etc. for the day

5:39 walk the 4 blocks to the bus station; an easy walk in fine weather but a pain in the ass in hot or cold weather; just long enough to work up a sweat or a chill

5:49 take a seat on the bus, try to swell up and look bulkier/fat so no one will want to sit beside me so I will have room to stretch/relax on the trip. It works but invariably some 40something career secretaries will sit next to/behind me and chat the whole goddam way to Toronto. Worse still, I'll get some stank-ass divorcee sitting near me that has doused herself liberally in some putrid perfume.

5:50 depart on bus for what I *hope* will only be a 90-minute ride to work...

5:51 begin to alternate between wishing I could fall asleep and hoping the bus would crash just so some of the tedious *******s on the bus would shut their mouths

Callahan, did you just say a 90 minute ride to work?!?!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Nissen
    Callahan, did you just say a 90 minute ride to work?!?!
    I don't know, maybe. Perhaps you could reread the post and see if I did.

yes I'm bitter and taking it out on you

10am - 3pm : wake up, do something, stare out the window for a good hour at the people rushing off to school and work. Eat.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

7.00 - wake up by alarm
    7.15 - turn on pc
    7.20 - surf some sites
    7.30 - spank the monkey
    7.40 - the 3 S's (shower, ****, shave)
    8.00 - pack my bag and head for summerschool

* breakie is usually picked on my way to uni

damn, looks like a whole bunch of you get up at like 4-5am just to get to work. yikes!! hope i'll never get a job.
    Last edited by Centaurion; 01-05-2005 at 11:04 PM.

90mins. That sucks. Makes me appreciate my 5min drive (including stop at Timmy's).
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli