Thread: My heart hurts.

My heart hurts.

When ever I sit down, its just uncomfortable. I dont know whats causing it, Im a fairly active person, and Im slightly skinny/muscular, and I also eat healthy. My heart only hurts when I sit down, when Im running I dont feel the pain at all, and whenever I sit down and punch my self with my fist right where my heart is hurting it goes away for awhile.

Maybe its because my slighlty obeise? But Im not obeise, because whenever I stand up straight my stomach is flat, its just I have a big gut. I dunno. Ive had this pain for 3 days now, and I took some asprins so I can thin out the blood in my body, so far the pain is mild. It kind of wories me though, because its never hurted me for this long before, and Ive never had this feeling. Its kind of like my heart is getting squeezed and its uncomfortable. Its like a mild/minor pain, and its bothering me. So Im going to goto the doctor in 2 days if the pain presists, it bothers me even more since Im only 17 and I can get a heart attack? wtf?

So my question is has anyone ever had a this pain for like 3 or more days to?

My dad said it may be hurt burn or I have high cholestral or somthing, but wtf?
    Last edited by Kc Banks; 01-08-2005 at 03:49 PM.

Hey man, I would definitely get to the doc asap. Don't play with your ticker. But the truth is, you're 17. A heart attack is really really unlikely.

I am willing to bet you have the beginnings of an ulcer/heartburn. If this is the case, asparin or advil would probably be a bad way to try to treat the pain, as they can cause even more stomach upset. See what happens with some anti gas/antacid meds. and get to the doc.

also, if you could attach a video of you punching yourself, I'd really appreciate it. thanks.
    Last edited by Teufelhund; 01-08-2005 at 03:50 PM.

I heard asprin is good for you since it thins out the blood and etc. But yeah, I never liked going to the hospital, and your maybe right. I had this pain for 3 days now and I should go to the hospital now.

Ive gone to hopsital many times over stupid stuff, like once I thought I had food posioning from taco bell, because I was feeling nauses/headache/eyes hurt/dizzy and the lady said it was upset stomach and I should've never gone in the first place. :\

See what happens with some anti gas/antacid meds. and get to the doc.
    And Ill try that first and if it doesnt go away, Ill go.

THanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhund
    also, if you could attach a video of you punching yourself, I'd really appreciate it. thanks.
    I needed a laugh like that..thanks

yea i feel this too, i dont understand how this could be the start of heartburn or an ulcer tho, heartburn isn't actually related to your heart you realize..?
    they way it is for me, it feels like my heart is being squeezed and going faster.. i assume its a heart irregularity which Ritalin *i take< ritalin* has been known to cause. Its annoying, but doesn't stop me from doing anything.
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

Banned
    man i had that problem, it felt like when you get a stitch in your rib but higher. usually if you breathe in deeply you can pop it but this wouldnt go away...i was beating on my left pec trying to get it to go away...it finally disappeared after 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by JTyrell710
    yea i feel this too, i dont understand how this could be the start of heartburn or an ulcer tho, heartburn isn't actually related to your heart you realize..?
    they way it is for me, it feels like my heart is being squeezed and going faster.. i assume its a heart irregularity which Ritalin *i take< ritalin* has been known to cause. Its annoying, but doesn't stop me from doing anything.
    Heartburn, can be felt high in the abdomen (hence the name). I think that's the most accurate guess given here, but it's just a guess so i suggest you get it checked out.

On a similar not, my heart races like a mother****er after eating a large meal then going to sleep (which is every night) aww well at least I know that's no biggie. If you get it checked get back to us on the results eh.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc Banks
    I heard asprin is good for you since it thins out the blood and etc. But yeah, I never liked going to the hospital, and your maybe right. I had this pain for 3 days now and I should go to the hospital now.

And Ill try that first and if it doesnt go away, Ill go.

THanks man.
    Aspirin = Bad for your stomach, it thins the lining and can cause even more upset feelings, even ulcers.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

take aspirin and pepsid ac in conjuction then--
    I don't know about you man, but when i get my feeling, i get it exactly where my heart is, on top of my left pectoral muscle- i also have heart burn and i know what that feels like, i can't tell you for sure what it is- but go to a doctor and if its something serious i would be very thankful if you pm'ed me and told me so.

p.s. when that happens to me it feels like my heart is racing too, and i put my hand on top of my heart and its beating very strongly.
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

hey i hear u man i had that cept for like a MONTH! or more! notice i said HAD...see all i did was say screw bulking, (i figured my heart was feeling this way cus i was eating like a HORSE for months to bulk, cus thats when i noticed it, while i was well into my bulk.) perhaps u are bulking as well? all i did is say screw it, im not trying to KILL myself just to look big, so i dropped 1,000 cals, added cardio 3 times a week, and in like a week i sh*t u not ONE WEEK, the problem was completely gone. it also made me realize how important HEALTH is (cutting, massive cardio and LOW CAL diet) over just wanting to look good/big (bulking, eating till u wanna cry.) so yea, if you are currently bulking, maybe thats what it is.

Wannabebig Member
    J.C.! Go to a doctor! Don't **** around with your heart man, go visit a pro.SG1
    You get what you give.

Can't lift for trying
    It's controversial, a lot of people say its B.S a lot of people believe it. Do any of you with this heart issue consume moderate to a lot of diet drinks or use sweetners?

Most diet drinks and sweetners contain Aspartame which I (as do many) personally believe affects the human cardio system. You can google it and read for yourself and make your own mind up. It's one potential possibility but I second what everyone else is saying go see you doctor and get the tests.

How much milk do you drink in a day.
    I would drink a gallon or more when I was your age and had the same sort of thing happen to me. I cut way back ,it stopped.
    Alot of people go to the hospital thinking there having a heart attack turns out to be just gas.
    Just a few possable causes but you should still see the doctor............

I finally went to the doctors, and they put stickers on me and checked my heart beat, and it was normal. Then they took x-rays and looked at my heart and it was normal. They said it was a cramp........

So they gave medicine, Ibuprofen 600mg and Methocarbamol 500mg, and I've never taken them before. And I cant lift weights for five days so yeah, it kinda sucks. But I hope my heart or muscle near it gets better.

I just have to stop pushing my self, especially when Im running. I think it couldve been I added more weight to what I actually was lifting, like squats I just usually do 115 3 sets 10 reps and rest for 2 minutes, but I added recently 15 more pounds so its to 130. So I should just take it slow, like keep lifting tell it gets really easy and then add more. And when Im running I like ran 2-3 miles a night then the next morning ran a mile then lifted weights, I probably should start doing those routines where you just have a chest day, or lower body day, rest day, etc. Im have one made though a couple days ago, I posted this in my personal journal so it is, Ill post it:

Sunday:
    Cardio: 1 mile
    Monday:
    Weights:Upper body
    Tuesday:
    Cardio: 4-5 Mile Run
    Wednesday:
    Rest Day
    Thursday:
    Weights:Upper body
    Friday:
    Weights:Lower Body
    Saturday:
    Rest Day

and after I get out of this weight training class Ill start doing it, only 12 days left tell its over!

Quote Originally Posted by BFG123
    How much milk do you drink in a day.

Well Im milk intolerant (not meaning Im lactose) so I dont drink Milk, Soy Milk along with vitamin supplements.

It's controversial, a lot of people say its B.S a lot of people believe it. Do any of you with this heart issue consume moderate to a lot of diet drinks or use sweetners?

Most diet drinks and sweetners contain Aspartame which I (as do many) personally believe affects the human cardio system. You can google it and read for yourself and make your own mind up. It's one potential possibility but I second what everyone else is saying go see you doctor and get the tests.
    I look into that, thanks.

And thankyou guys, for your thoughts. I have to go now!

peace,
    casey
    Last edited by Kc Banks; 01-11-2005 at 09:47 PM.

go to the doctor, while its pretty unlikely at your age, its still possible to have severe heart problems.

though as mentioned above it may just be acid reflux, even then you need to get checked out.

Wannabebig Member
    Heart burn can feel exactly like a heart attack, there have been reports of people who have had heart attacks who thought they were having another and it turned out to be heart burn. Don't confuse heart burn with indigestion, they are two different things, heart burn is a sharp pain in the heart area that can shoot up your left arm or down your abdomen (just like a heart attack) whereas indigestion is a burning feeling that shoots up your espophogus. I only know about this because i've been telling my parents that i think im having a heart attack since i was like 12. (im 21 now) and, it turned out to be heart burn. Also, i noticed you substitute milk with soy milk. You may want to look into this yourself, but i've heard that soy can up your estrogen levels enough to impact your body...? i dont know if there is any truth to that, but i've heard/read it in a couple places.