The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

info on rs232 and 485 protocols

Does anyone have any good information on rs 232 and 485 protocols as it relates to radio transmission?

I have a job interview with a company tomororw..I have a copy of their user guide for their radio system and it seems to be just like a normal computer network only with radios. I am not that familiar with these protocols...have done a little research on the internet....but would like any info or knowledge that any here can pass to me. As I would really like to get this position and impress their socks off tomorrow in the interview. (it is a very small company and I will be meeting with the vp of sales and marketing. ANy help or info that anyone could provide would be appreciated.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

i have some info on rs232 let me find it and ill either post it up or pm you it.

here we are, two exerts from a college essay about signal theory/methods of communication.

"Firstly, I will talk about the definition of baud. Baud is the number of signal level changes per second in a line, regardless of the information content of those signals. Bits per second is the rate of transfer of information bits. The ratio of BPS to baud depends on the information-coding scheme that you are using.

Baud rate is a measure of how fast data is moving between instruments that use serial communication. RS-232 uses only two voltage states, called mark and space. In such a two-state coding scheme, the baud rate is identical to the maximum number of bits of information, including "control" bits that are transmitted per second."

"RS-232 is an example of short distance serial asynchronous communication.

Asynchronous communication is where the sender and receiver do not need to coordinate with each other before the data can be transmitted. The receiver must always be able to accept data. Devices such as keyboards, mice etc. need asynchronous communication. Also the transmitter does not send information about where a given bit of data starts and finishes as the interpretation of data is built into the hardware.

The RS-232 is a standard wire for the transfer of textual characters over copper wire (less than 50 feet) It is often called “serial” communication, and is commonly used for hardware (keyboards, mice etc), modems, communication with external devices and very slow networking "

cool thanks matt. I want to get as much info as possible before tomorrow.

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    MSDN has a section on RS 232 communication and it's implementation in windows.
    Just do a google and find the RS232 specification, it should give you all the basics you need.
    w00t