The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Tiredness/Vision Pulsing/Sickness/Concentration

Hey everyone,
    Previously I had posted something regarding problems with concentration. During class I'd have a really hard time paying attention to my teachers, depending on whether I just couldnt absorb what they were saying or my vision began to go blurry as it made me wanna sleep (so I didnt pay attention anyway). The vision blurryness was like a pulse, in alignment with my heart beat pretty much. Its been happening alot lately. Anyway, Everytime I eat, I feel sick. (You'd think that try to get me to diet but it doesnt - I still eat too much), and right before I eat I feel really tired. Members of Wannabebigforums told me to check my blood sugar levels, they were tested and they were perfectly fine. or atleast within normal parameters. My blood sugar checked out at 5.45 mmol/L. (I assume thats how its measured properly - it just outputted 5.45 on my blood sugar level tester; had to prick my finger and put blood on a slide and stuff.) This was after eating (and waiting 2 hours). Im doing it again right now just to make sure it wasnt a fluke. Im hoping it checks out.

Any feedback on what I could possibly have? (if its not a blood sugar level problem)
    Last edited by kestal_kayden; 01-23-2005 at 06:21 PM.
    Name: Andrew
    Current Weight: 285lbs
    Height: 6'4"

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Do you drink enough liquids?
    6'2 206

Ya, usually water. I end up drinking about 5 bottles a day or so. lol...

cut block extraordinaire
    This one is confusing, have you seen a doc? Checked you blood pressure maybe? hmm

Quote Originally Posted by kestal_kayden
    Hey everyone,

Any feedback on what I could possibly have? (if its not a blood sugar level problem)
    It was specifically a glucose test where they make you come in on a empty stomach and give you a glucose solution and take your blood every half our for 3 hours? something like that?
    Never Giving In.

Something similar happened to me during depression. Can't really tell you how to find out or to cure it, just thought I'd share what casued me to go blurry. I would be sitting in a class, regardless of weather I liked it, and suddenly I would realize I'd been spacing off and staring at this same brick for 10 minutes and have absolutely no idea what went on around me for those 10 minutes. After I came out of the depression, it hasn't happened anymore.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

sounds like blood pressure to me too..goes with the heartbeat..sounds like blood pressure is high..doctors should know this stuff though..im a freaking IT guy

Quote Originally Posted by waynis
    It was specifically a glucose test where they make you come in on a empty stomach and give you a glucose solution and take your blood every half our for 3 hours? something like that?

Responded With:
    Thats the test I had done in the lab, I get the results to THAT this week. My uncle is diebetic and he brought over a blood sugar level tester. I checked 3x so far, once on an empty stomach, once an 45 minutes after eating, then 2 hours after the original. Each one was within limits.
    Quote Originally Posted by superior_will
    Something similar happened to me during depression. Can't really tell you how to find out or to cure it, just thought I'd share what casued me to go blurry. I would be sitting in a class, regardless of weather I liked it, and suddenly I would realize I'd been spacing off and staring at this same brick for 10 minutes and have absolutely no idea what went on around me for those 10 minutes. After I came out of the depression, it hasn't happened anymore.

Responded With:
    My depression isnt as bad as it used to be, im kinda leveling off compared to before. I tried to bring up to my doctor about my concentration levels and distraction to any stimilae really but she said nothing about ADD like my original family doctor mentioned. Anti-deps just made me feel numb... gah. I think my doctor is taking a more natural approach to my concentration, which is always good too I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    sounds like blood pressure to me too..goes with the heartbeat..sounds like blood pressure is high..doctors should know this stuff though..im a freaking IT guy

Responded With:
    My doctor old doctor probably would have noticed something if blood pressure was the case, I will ask my new family doctor to test that out aswell. I am stressed out too with all this stuff so that probably isnt helping much either.
    ---------- Other Info -----------

Previously I had also gotten my Thyriod/Lymph nodes checked out because my doctor informed me if they are not producing enough hormone it would make memory/concentration harder.

I believe it was parkinsons disease and some form of cancer that I was checked for aswell, so I had a few biopsy's on the lymph nodes on my neck, 1 surgical biopsy so they could actually take the a big sample of it to experiment on, they couldnt find anything. That was fun of course, going to the cancer clinic to get this done. Luckily that wasnt the case though. - It all started because my doctor noticed that I had enlarged lymph nodes, more so than what he has seen on any healthy person. -_-.
    Last edited by kestal_kayden; 01-23-2005 at 10:10 PM.

Thats the test I had done in the lab, I get the results to THAT this week. My uncle is diebetic and he brought over a blood sugar level tester. I checked 3x so far, once on an empty stomach, once an 45 minutes after eating, then 2 hours after the original. Each one was within limits.
    Good once you find out the results make sure you post the numbers and maybe scan the paper and we can look at things from there. Sometimes they will tell you certain levels people don't experience symptoms but they can be wrong.

I'am not feeling blood pressure issues here. Your too young. If this was the case something else is causing it.

I'am happy your doing whatever you can to get to the route of the problem. Some people will sit in their misery and not do a thing about it.
    Never Giving In.

I believe it was parkinsons disease and some form of ]

Wow.. I definetely wrote that when I was half asleep.. Hodgekinsons disease... -_-;; not parkinsons disease... I didnt even notice that mistake until I read over all the posts again.

Recently I had also read the effects on Aspartame. -_-; Fun. Diet Coke was all I used to drink when I was younger.... :|

Also, my doctors appointment is within this week. so more results will be in!
    Last edited by kestal_kayden; 01-24-2005 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by waynis
    Good once you find out the results make sure you post the numbers and maybe scan the paper and we can look at things from there. Sometimes they will tell you certain levels people don't experience symptoms but they can be wrong.

I'am not feeling blood pressure issues here. Your too young. If this was the case something else is causing it.

I'am happy your doing whatever you can to get to the route of the problem. Some people will sit in their misery and not do a thing about it.
    No one is too young for BP issues.

It made me think of blood pressure because he said his vision blurred with his heartbeat..and the heartbeat is directly linked to blood pressure. I can't really think of what else IS realted to a heartbeat in that way. That's all I'm saying. I knew lots of kids wit blood pressure problems in high school..especially ones that had a few to many pounds on them.

Come to think of it..it may just be some kind of temporary blood pressure issues due to elevates stress/anxiety. People's blood pressure goes up when they're stressed out for sure. But again..I'm in communications, not an MD.

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    Come to think of it..it may just be some kind of temporary blood pressure issues due to elevates stress/anxiety. People's blood pressure goes up when they're stressed out for sure. But again..I'm in communications, not an MD.
    True, thanks for the input again The lapses in concentration among many of the other things, such as being distracted easily and not being able to absorb information got me to consider other things.. it feels like I am trying to look through fog when it comes to thinking, almost numbing. I was told to go look up Attention Defecit Disorder -_-; Inattentive ADD.. for that matter.

Anyway, I AM stressed, cuz I want to lose the weight and become healthy, but I cant do that cuz of the fact that I am usually really tired throughout the whole day. Which in itself is probably a vicious cycle (which I am trying to break now). The blood pressure thing with weight that was mentioned in a previous post also got me thinking about it, cuz I DID gain about 80 lbs or so within the last couple of years without growing at all. (180lbs to 265lbs) Not all of that is fat because I had about 4-6 months of weight-lifting/cardio.. but ya..

Just checked to make sure, my appointment is tomorrow afternoon (EST), so I when I get home I will try to post as much info as I can remember about that when the time comes.

I have high bp, was diagnosed when I was 16 and to tell you the truth I think I've had it all my life because I had nosebleeds since i was small, they were getting really bad, the DAY I started on high bp medicine it stopped. Not a single nosebleed since. But of course, it's rare for someone as young as me to have even slightly high bp. Kestel, I don't think it's bp but definitely moniter it.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

ever try to find out what's causing your high blood pressure?
    Never Giving In.

Hey everyone,
    Previously I had posted something regarding problems with concentration. During class I'd have a really hard time paying attention to my teachers, depending on whether I just couldnt absorb what they were saying or my vision began to go blurry as it made me wanna sleep....
    Haven't you said in the past that you had been diagnosed with bipolar and/or depression? What is the status of those problems now? Difficulty with concentration and fatigue are classic symptoms of depression.
    Last edited by razorbrain; 01-25-2005 at 10:07 AM.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by razorbrain
    Haven't you said in the past that you had been diagnosed with bipolar and/or depression? What is the status of those problems now? Difficulty with concentration and fatigue are classic symptoms of depression.
    Ok. Couple of things.

1) Depression might be the case, or atleast thats what the doctor is pointing at. She also gave me these pills to relax me cuz she noticed how fidgity/anxious I can get sometimes.

2) Blood Sugar Levels are fine, although I still get sick when I eat sugary foods/deserts, maybe its just the stress and my pananoia.

3) My new family doctor put me on Celexa and this relaxent called Ativan.
    Last edited by kestal_kayden; 01-25-2005 at 05:43 PM.