The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: leg day

leg day

i currently work my legs 2 times a week, and workout a total of 4 times a week. 1st workout i do chest, tri's, and legs/calves, 2nd workout i do shoulders, biceps and back, 3rd workout i go back to chest, tri's and legs/calves, and the 4th time i workout i do shoulders, biceps and back (organized into somewhat a push/pull setup). my current weight is around 193 but the most i weighted is 199 about 2 weeks ago (currently on a cut). someone at the gym told me i should do legs seperately two times a week but on days were i dont do anything else. i just wanted to know some of your thoughts on this. does the schedule look good, or should i change how many times i workout a week so i can put legs on a seperate day by themselves?
    stats:
    Height 6'
    182 pds
    max bench: 315

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    i would def give legs their own day and combine back and chest if i had to combine any two groups
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

I, personally, have to give legs their own day. I struggle with back day if I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCorey75
    i would def give legs their own day and combine back and chest if i had to combine any two groups
    :withstupi yup!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Depends on you. Are you making progress with your current routine, or are you finding that lifts are struggling to go up? If they are, then chances are you are capable of doing what you are doing. If not, then try giving legs a day on their own.

Personally, I've always worked out legs by themselves. But then, I find a heavy leg workout draining to the point where I couldn't do anything after it, and definitely wouldn't want to try do anything before it as to try myself out. Legs have always been my favorite though. Working them three times a week, but I'm in rehab for knee surgery so I don't have my choice but to do them light.
    LaLa

Well, my current leg workout consists of 3x8 on incline leg presses, then i do 3x20 on incline calves presses, both of which i have alot of weight. the next day i am usually sore to the point were i have trouble walking up stairs. i have never tried working out just legs one day so i dont know if i would have more strength in them working them out by themselves. as for progress in my current routine, i have increased in strength alot, in both legs and calves since i first started doing legs. my legs are getting a little bigger, but my calves are lagging in size.
    stats:
    Height 6'
    182 pds

Quote Originally Posted by BigCorey75
    Definitely. I do find it very hard to do DL's with my back/chest days, though, so I'm even considering giving those their own day.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billybadass
    Well, my current leg workout consists of 3x8 on incline leg presses, then i do 3x20 on incline calves presses, both of which i have alot of weight. the next day i am usually sore to the point were i have trouble walking up stairs. i have never tried working out just legs one day so i dont know if i would have more strength in them working them out by themselves. as for progress in my current routine, i have increased in strength alot, in both legs and calves since i first started doing legs. my legs are getting a little bigger, but my calves are lagging in size.
    well your first problem with leg workouts would seem to be that you are completely ignoring your hamstrings

IMHO, if you're doing a leg workout right, you will be pretty exhausted and not have the juice to do much else... personally I'm doing a low volume WO on a 2-day split at the moment and I do some biceps/forearms work on leg day but that's it. if I work on a 3-day split, I always give legs their own day.

anyway, what I recommend is that you start by adding some hamstring work to your leg workouts... and maybe change things up and do something other than leg presses for your quads... try squatting or something.

ok i put some thought into this and i started today on my new routine. my workouts are usually about a hour long, and i am changing it from 4 times a week to 5.

sunday chest/triceps/abs
    monday biceps/back/jog 1 mile
    tuesday legs
    wednesday off
    thursday chest/triceps/abs
    friday biceps/back/jog 1 mile
    saturday off

now i need to put my shoulders in somewere and i was thinking if i just stick with 5 sets of shoulder presses and some cables it might be ok on the leg day, but i want to here some of your opinions. i only need to do shoulders 1 time a week and i dont want to do them on wednesday or saturday, so dont recommend that.
    stats:
    Height 6'
    182 pds

anyone
    stats:
    Height 6'
    182 pds