Thread: Stopped Eating fast food... But saw bad results...

Stopped Eating fast food... But saw bad results...

Now I assume everyone knows how horrible fast foood is. And Im not trying to say anything about it, neither good or bad. Im only speaking from my experience. I used to eat fast food 2-4 times a week. And my weight never fluctuated. Me and my buddy decided we would stop eating fast food (we were not working out at the time). So i havent eaten fast food in over 6 months. And to be honest I forget what it tastes like and I have no intentions of eating that crap again. However I feel as if my metabolism slowed. Now I dont know if it has to do with my working out or what But I have been slowly gaining weight.

I havent been eating more/less as far as meals go, however I think my meto slowed down alot. When i stopped the fast food my coke (pepsi) intake went down alot. Now Ive found my weight is unstable and I will literally lose some weight in a week and gain some the next week. I have a little beer belly growing which is more than likely from beer. But I still feel as though stopping fast food slowed down my meto.

Ive been trying to speed it up again by eating 5 small meals a day (and I have been seeing small success) but I am going to have to focus harder in the gym now to get my meto back up and start losing weight.

So mcdonalds and that crap isnt good for the insides, but maybe its okay at fueling the metabolism.

SO I feel as though I made a good choice as far as my overall heath (heart, blood pressure, cholesterol, much lower risk of dieabeties, ect). But aversly I feel as though I slowed my metabolism down.

why do you feel not eating fast food slowed down your metabolism?
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

are you tracking your calorie intake ? maybe somedays you at alot more than you do on other days and you dont even know it.. whats ur diet like?
    Started Weight - 130
    Current Weight - 171 as of 2\18\05 WOOHOO
    GOAL - 175-180

Height - 5'6

My jornal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=61203

:withstupi....i doubt your quitting of eating mcdonalds/fast food had any detrimental effect whatsoever...im with snowster on the fact that you should track your cals...because your weight definetly fluctuates a few lbs. depending on when u weigh...etc. and many other factors...starting some cardio and getting more focused gym time will help you lose that beer belly...but i don't think stopping the consumption of fast food slowed down your metabolism...

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

Back at it
    LIkely a mental thing for you. Eat clean and often while working out and your metabolism will keep purring.

The fast food could have ruined your metabolism not helped it. All that junk into your body forces it to work very hard and not in a good way. Eventually your body says that's enough and you may be seeing effects from it now. Don't be fooled my thinking fast food is good in any way.
    Never Giving In.

I'd definitely start eating macdonalds again if I were you. Stat.

Footballer
    yah Double quarters asap those things are loaded with trans fat which coincidentally speeds up your metabolism.
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

Oh darn, i better start taking my spoonfulls of trans-fat again, my metabolisms gettin a little rusty. (joke)
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

Haha, No my diet fluctuates alot. I mean alot... Im getting better at managing it... But its hard with school and work at night... I think I will just work twice as hard in the gym...

Still I should clarify... After about 4 weeks of no fast food I felt alot healthier... I had A bite of KFC a while back and almost hurled it was so greasy.