Thread: substitutions

Wannabebig New Member

substitutions

I have modified the WBB1 a bit to fit my home gym a bit better and I was looking for an answer to a specific question on adding a lift.

I am on the 10th session of this workout and have seen decent gains in looks (subjective) and weight lifted, although minimal weight gain. This is mostly do to losing flab and not eating/sleeping enough . Each ex is setx2 reps 6-8.

The mods are based on available equipment. Going to a gym is not feasible do to time restraints and work hours. Other equipment will come slowly (I'm just a lowly public servant) do to budget.

Day1
    Squats
    Hack Squats
    Leg Curls
    Str leg deads
    Standing Calve raises

Day2
    Military press (bar)
    Upright shoulder rows (bar)
    Narrow grip bench press
    Dumbell lateral raises
    French Press
    Bar Curls
    Preacher curls (bar)

Day3
    Off

Day4
    Flat bar bench
    Decline bench
    Incline bench (added 3 sessions ago)
    Str leg deads
    Bent over barbell rows
    Shrugs
    Wide grip lat pulldowns

Day 5
    Off

Day6

Start back as day1

My questions are:

1: Am I helping with an added setx2 of inclines on chest day? I start with a low weight set of 12 dumbell flys for stretching.

2: Could I be overworking certain parts? Specifically the deadlifts? I have made huge gains in weight over the 10 sessions (from 185 to 245 on back day). Maybe switch to regular deads instead of str leg on one of the days?

3: Any other suggestions, comments, flames, pokes, jokes or tokes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

I would use the program as long as it works as a whole. Then I would suggest that you make some changes according to how you feel and your progress. My question is, why did you add another chest movement to the routine?
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Wannabebig New Member
    I guess I only added it because I was assuming inclines worked different aspects of the chest.

I now know that they dont necessarily target anything different and are probably just a waste of time.

Thanks for the response and a great program.

Joe
    ...for all throughout history the noblest of ideals have been protected by warriors.