The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Wannabe Strong

Threaded View

Wannabebig Member

Wannabe Strong

Just took a look at the wannabe big training routine one, and I wish I had found it this morning before I went to the gym!

First off, my stats:

Male, 18 years old, 228 lbs, 6'3". Unsure about bodyfat percentage. I am not fat really, I used to be, but since 2002 I have managed to drop from around 300lbs down to my current state. I am not certain about any max lifts. I did bench last month and was a meager 195.

(I made a post in the new member intro board for more on history: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=58565)

I have been hitting the gym at least 3 times a week since around late September/early October 2004, but until now I have had no real direction. I work out with a guy who has been big and strong since highschool as he played a lot of football and wrestled. I never did many sports in highschool, which I regret like hell now, but I would consider myself atheltic.

I am VERY resolute to get strong over the next few months, years, hopefuly for a lifetime. I have always been a big kid, but it wasn't until recently I realized how weak I physicaly am when it comes to the gym or lifting.

I was sick all last week, so maybe that was it, but Ijust felt weaker than I should be this morning when I went in.

I am thinking I should just start with the WBB routine 1 next Monday, seeing as it seems to follow a Monday-Weds-Fri lifting schedule, which works wonderfuly for me now, I have school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and I don't go in to work until noon on M-W-F, it seems like the ideal schedule for me.

I do not get enough sleep, I know this, and I am eating a lot of carbs I know this. I don't eat junk food, I have one "cheater day" where I can eat a little junk on poker nights with the guys, but that's it. I try to limit my intake of artificial crap

Anyways, since my job gives me freedom to go online and theres some occasional downtime at work, I figure I can post my workouts and diets and sleep for the day.

It's pretty embarassing how weak I am for my size right now, but that's why I am here; my goal is to get much stronger within the following weeks and months and to make strength training a part of my life.

Today's embarassing lifts and food intake and rest will come later tonight...

-Thor K.
    Last edited by ThorK; 01-24-2005 at 12:45 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!