The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox News Fun!

MACHINE

Fox News Fun!

I found this extremely enjoyable.

http://www.oliverwillis.com/node/view/1695
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    more sad than anything

that talking head anchorbimbette needs a boot to the head

Footballer
    Golden, fox news 0 - other lady 1
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

Heh. Almost makes me want to subscribe to Vanity Fair.

Fox = 0wned!
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

MACHINE
    Yeah, me too...

wned
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Damn... that anchorlady sure didn't see that **** coming.
    Booyah.

Owned, I don't think so.

Honestly, we've spent millions of dollars studying butterflies in far away countries, Bachrachs point is moot at best, she's just your typical liberal bitching to bitch.
    Last edited by BCC; 01-21-2005 at 10:29 AM.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Confused
    Damn a $40 million party. Thats gotta be one hell of a party.

The point isn't moot, there's a big difference between scientific ventures and a ****ing party. Even the stupidest study is more important than some truffles and ice sculptures.

Let me preempt any partisan Republicans by saying that we all know that the parties are privately funded. We also know that the $40 million for the parties are basically a way for corporations to buy even more influence in the Bush Whitehouse. Additionally, tens of millions are being unnecessarily spent on security, including forcing DC to spend $12 million of its limited security budget. However, the worst thing about it is not the money, but the disgusting displays of jubilation while we're at war. FDR did it right, with an extremely modest inauguration in the White House, and we were WINNING that war. Bush has neither character, nor taste, but if you didn't know that by now, you're purposefully ignorant.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Quote Originally Posted by galileo
    The point isn't moot, there's a big difference between scientific ventures and a ****ing party. Even the stupidest study is more important than some truffles and ice sculptures.
    Her point pertaining to spending I believe is still indeed moot. Anyone can argue against how plenty of money has been spent. I think it was ridiculous for her to make that the basis of her argument and then complain about lack of military funding for our troops safety. Like this is the first time in history money wasn't well spent.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

totally, utterly, comprehensively owned.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

Damn video is not working for me
    That's a picture of Scarlett Johansson.

MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by BCC
    Her point pertaining to spending I believe is still indeed moot. Anyone can argue against how plenty of money has been spent. I think it was ridiculous for her to make that the basis of her argument and then complain about lack of military funding for our troops safety. Like this is the first time in history money wasn't well spent.
    Or not.

Yes plenty can argue how money is spent at any time in history. However, there are major issues that everyone is aware of today, and these are a frustrating reality. When you are president, you should have the humility, decency, common sense, etc to know when troops need what they don't have and our trade deficit is the all-time worst ever in the history of crappy leadership, and make some cuts accordingly.

If I don't have any money to pay a phone bill and win some money on a $1 scratch ticket, I'm paying that fricken bill instead of going out for beers so that my roommates don't have to go without a phone when I could have helped. What a nice, noble gesture that would have been to scale back the inauguration circus a bit and sacrifice some camera time, focusing those funds elsewhere.
    Last edited by gino; 01-21-2005 at 11:57 AM.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

love the little flags in the hors d'ouvres.

i wish i could see the clip as i've been hearing about it, but can't get it to load.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

MACHINE
    It took me a couple tries before the video loaded with the audio.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

got it to load this time...

*lol*!

*lmao* @ that "well gee that prayer service sure is gonna help our troops"

good for blondie - stickin' it to Pravda.
    Last edited by Tryska; 01-21-2005 at 01:33 PM.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

There are a couple of things to note.

Bacharach was on to discuss the inauguration. She ambushed the Anchorbabe by going completely off topic. The clip is edited so you don't see the beginning where the subject is mentioned.

Her points were pointless. The amount of money spent on the inauguration has nothing to do with Iraq.

The anchorbabe showed Faux News obvious bias by not just shutting Bacharach down immediately when she went off topic. Instead, she tried and failed to defend the President, which made her look foolish, and again showed the remarkable bias of the network.

My indisputable analysis: They are both idiots.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg
    Bacharach was on to discuss the inauguration. She ambushed the Anchorbabe by going completely off topic. The clip is edited so you don't see the beginning where the subject is mentioned.
    Not sure why this matters. Her points were directed towards the excessive nature of the inauguration, in light of the financial / resource inadequacies in critical areas.

Her points were pointless. The amount of money spent on the inauguration has nothing to do with Iraq.
    But it could have had something positive to do with it. If he's spent half of the inauguration parties' cost ($40m / 2), he could have improved at least some soldiers' situations. I know that it's a drop in the bucket, but the gesture of sacrifice(minimal, at best) could send a message to those in need of some assurance that they're not just considered expendable assets to our commander in chief. Anyone with half a brain who was not in their own world thinking everything is fine, could have at least seen this as a great PR opportunity. "Look, GW sat at a beer-pong table and ate beans and hotdogs, donating the other $39.999 million of inauguration party funds to the troops" LOL

My indisputable analysis: They are both idiots
    You're right though, I can't dispute this.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Quote Originally Posted by gino
    Or not.

Yes plenty can argue how money is spent at any time in history. However, there are major issues that everyone is aware of today, and these are a frustrating reality. When you are president, you should have the humility, decency, common sense, etc to know when troops need what they don't have and our trade deficit is the all-time worst ever in the history of crappy leadership, and make some cuts accordingly.

What a nice, noble gesture that would have been to scale back the inauguration circus a bit and sacrifice some camera time, focusing those funds elsewhere.

:withstupi Word.
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

The Inaugural money isn't the president's to spend. It isn't government money. It has nothing to do with what is spent in Iraq (which, IMHO, is obscene as well).

This is just another attempt by some who are upset about the election to discredit the President where they can, since they can't on principle as they supported the use of force in Iraq. ("They' i sa very general statement, certainly there were minorities on both sides who opposed the use of force in Iraq).
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

fighting Kryptonite
    Ann Arbor, MI during school...Niles, MI for now
    personally I don't think that much needed to be spent on an inaugural party no matter who you are, what you got voted for or what the surrounding situation was. I'm no politician, don't really completely support either democratics or republicans but I know when I think something is right or wrong. Yes, it was wrong to spend $40 million on an inaugural party, yes, the chick from vanity fair may have brought this up at the wrong time and place, but no that money was not "redirected" from Iraq to give President Bush the inaugural party of a lifetime - that was private money, and no, President Bush wasn't most likely the only planner of such a party - he doesn't do everything on his own you know....just throughts
    Lady, I fully expect to see you in the next issue of Powerlifting USA with at least a new world record for your weight class. Make it happen. - Guido

let's see how much this girl can lift...looking for the strength I know I have...
    The Journal...

The Inaugural money isn't the president's to spend. It isn't government money. It has nothing to do with what is spent in Iraq (which, IMHO, is obscene as well).

This is just another attempt by some who are upset about the election to discredit the President where they can, since they can't on principle as they supported the use of force in Iraq.
    Completely correct.

Now THAT is massive ownage!

damn nash..you have so much pent up liberal rage..we gotta get a democrat in office to keep you from having a coronary

other than that im not posting..im done with the politics i think, but nash's posts delight and enrage me at the same time, so i have to read them..

She was still owned though, just for the fact that she wasn't able to justify her stance on why there was nothing wrong with the expensive inaugeration ceremony. Anyone on Fox especially has to be able to tow the party line better than that.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.