Thread: Started dieting and weightlifting again (Help I'm gaining weight)!! I want to lose!

Threaded View

Wannabebig New Member

Started dieting and weightlifting again (Help I'm gaining weight)!! I want to lose!

Hello all, Im the perpetual yo-yo dieter In my 20s I was a lean and muscular Im now 40 I have gained and lost weight so many times I can not keep track of it. It is now next to impossible to lose (very slow metabolism). I have decided to hit hard 1. 1200 1500 cals per day 2. 50 minutes cardio and 3. 3 sets of 15 on the weight machine alternating major muscle groups each day. I started this regime 2 weeks ago and have gained 2 pounds!!! This is depressing I am 62 and 266 pounds I want to lose weight and build muscle. (Really) My question is am I going about this in the correct way? Am I correct in my assumption that I will gain muscle weight for awhile and lose weight through increased metabolism burn? When will this transformation take place? I am concerned. My goal is 200- 210 and be lean and fit. This is still way above optimum BMI but hey I want some muscle. Should I look at some supplements? Hydroxy cut? Trimspa? Your help and comments are much appreciated.
    Last edited by rapptorr; 01-24-2005 at 06:47 PM.