Thread: question about leg press?

Wannabebig Member

question about leg press?

Let's say there are no plates on the leg press machine, and you were to perform leg presses. then how much are you leg pressing? It is 45 pounds?

cut block extraordinaire
    It would depend on the machine.

Why does it matter? As long as you have the relative weights for the machine you're using, that's all that matters. There are too many factors for a direct comparison between different kinds of machines.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    Why does it matter? As long as you have the relative weights for the machine you're using, that's all that matters. There are too many factors for a direct comparison between different kinds of machines.
    I like to know what I am lifting for my log records. Instead I put "8 plates" it just seems to annoying and lacks the information I write for the other workouts.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    You're logging this down so you can see your improvements and learn from your mistakes, right? So if you did 3pps in September, and 5pps in December you know that you went up 2pps. Does a number really matter? Keep in mind lbs. is just a measurement of mass, our bodies are foreign to it.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 02-21-2005 at 09:51 PM.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

MilliVanilli
    Just count the plates, not the machine.
    Blood, sweat, and tears.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    You're logging this down so you can see your improvements and learn from your mistakes, right? So if you did 3pps in September, and 5pps in December you know that you went up 2pps. Does a number really matter? Keep in mind lbs. is just a measurement of mass, our bodies are foreign to it.
    good point. At the end it's all relative.

thanks

MilliVanilli
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Temple
    good point. At the end it's all relative.

thanks

For reference, I don't think most people count the weight of the machine...if you were interested in comparing.

Just like when I do T bar rows on a machine, I don't count the weight of the machine only the weight I put on. If its a machine you load weight onto, people usually just count the weight they load on.
    Blood, sweat, and tears.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ianack4life
    For reference, I don't think most people count the weight of the machine...if you were interested in comparing.

Just like when I do T bar rows on a machine, I don't count the weight of the machine only the weight I put on. If its a machine you load weight onto, people usually just count the weight they load on.
    ok, wasn't sure how it was done. Thanks.