Hey guys, I just have a question about the WBB routine, specifically the #1 routine.

I'm 19. I've been lifting seriously now for 2years and on and off, for probably double that time. I just got finished doing a pretty high intensity lifting routine, that had quite a bit of volume - it was the Monmouth University football training program. It had legs and back on the same day, and then a chest day. There would be one heavy day of each and one light day of each. I seemed to see some pretty good results.

Within the last year I went from a whopping 120lbs to a whopping 155lbs, on different routines.

Now, I am in the definition of a hard gainer. Moving up in weights week after week is difficult for me...extremely. I tend to plateau very quickly and get stuck at certain weights for extended periods of time, unlike my other young friends.

My bench is horrible and always has been - at this point when people ask me how many times I'm pressing 225...when I have a hard time maxing out at 180...its become downright demoralizing. So i've made it my goal of this routine to get my bench up, along with the other major lifts.

I was just wondering about if the volume would be enough. I'm used to hitting the gym 4-5 times a week. I know some beat the drum that low volume is great and others like high volume - i just need some reassurance here.

Secondly, since I'm working on my flat bench I changed the routine for flat bench to be 4 sets of 5 reps of a heavy weight in an attempt to progress. Now I know the program only calls for 2 sets of 6-8 reps. Any problem here?

Thirdly, for things like dips the program calls for 6-8 reps. I don't have access to a belt that I can hang weight from and do weighted dips, so I'm just doing body weight dips and can easily or fairly easily crank out 3 sets of 10reps depending how tired I am. Same deal with shrugs, I'm doing more than the 1set of 10, I'm doing my typical 3 sets of 6-8 reps.

Lastly, I threw in a set of hammer curls at the end of the chest/back day because I just dont feel my arms are comparitively what they once were for me and I want to regain that strong point. That was the only direct bi work I did today.

Am I defeating the whole premise of this routine by bumping the volume? I'm not one to go two sets, I always do 3 sets unless its a small exercise. Now, I'm just looking for some reassurance here by veteran lifters that can back up their statements. Today was my first day doing the routine and I had all those questions, so I'll have to look at the day 2 routine and see if I have any questions there. Thanks for any help. Sorry for the book.