The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Body Under Construction thalakos84's Avatar

To buy, or not to buy!

At a suggestion by Keith and some others, I'm posting my diet here. I eat lots of oatmeal, milk, eggs, whole wheat bread, natty pb&j, and various juices. I wish it could be avoided, but I eat a lot of Ramen too. I was just wondering how Nitrean could fit into my diet. I've read the prices. It's pretty cheap, but still, I'm poor. I just want to know if I do splurge and buy some Nirean, what am I getting. It says there are 70 servings of 30g. How many servings are in one recommended shake? How many grams of protein in that one shake? I need info if I'm going to make a purchase. Thanks.

P.S. What's a good natural source for magnesium?
    Growth
    5'10"
    150lbs
    Bench - 225
    Squat - 247x5
    Deadlift - 315

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Trying to learn on the fly
    can you give us a typical day meal breakdown? it would make suggestions a bit easier

each shake will depend on your needs. some people like taking two servings at a time, some only take one. that is up to you. each reccommended serving has 24g protein. you can do the math depending on how many serving you use for your shake
    Last edited by AdmiralDan; 01-26-2005 at 09:16 AM.

Some math to help you out, prices are based on my memory/grocery bill.

1 scoop of nitrean (24g protein) = $0.56
    6 eggs (24g protein) = $0.83
    4oz extra lean ground beef (24g protein) = $1.04
    3oz chicken breast (25g protein) = $1.25

How you use a scoop of powder is up to you. If you don't feel like eggs, have a scoop of protein. If you don't feel like a burger, have a scoop of protein. Just make the numbers work.

As for magnesium, check out: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...agnesium&meta=
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

An entire egg only contains 4g of protein? Damn! Thanks for the infor though. I think I might place an order later on tonight.
    Growth
    5'10"
    150lbs
    Bench - 225
    Squat - 247x5
    Deadlift - 315

Oops, I made a mistake. A medium egg has about 6g of protein. Sorry about that. So eggs cost about the same as nitrean unless you order more than 1 tub at a time (less shipping decreases price).

Nitrean iobviously has the advantages of being a mix of proteins and also extremely convenient.

Don't get me wrong, i base my protein intake around real food but also use nitrean and opticen on a daily basis for the aobve reasons.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

oh and damn tasty
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Alright. I've been doing a little bit more product research. Should I opt for the Nitrean or the Opticen. I'm thinking if I get just the Nitrean, I can supp it with oatmeal for the carbs. Check my stats. I'm pretty small. Need more size. I know I'm the only one who can decide, but got any input?
    Growth
    5'10"
    150lbs
    Bench - 225
    Squat - 247x5
    Deadlift - 315

I prefer the taste and texture of Nitrean, so there's my vote.
    Last edited by Anthony; 01-26-2005 at 03:57 PM.

I wannabebig!
    never tried opticen, but nitrean `

There. I placed the order. Let's see if I become a member of this "Nitrean Cult". I'm a bit skeptical. Maybe if I wasn't so damn picky about food, I'd gain more weight.
    Growth
    5'10"
    150lbs
    Bench - 225
    Squat - 247x5
    Deadlift - 315

The "Nitrean Cult"...

Banned
    can someone explain this product? i currently buy whey in 10lb bags for 55 bucks. it has about 165 servings at 23 grams each.

if i use 3 scoops a day (half my protein intake) , it lasts me almost 8 weeks and comes out to a dollar a day.

Chris, thank you for taking the time to personally thank me. That's good business. Shows you actually give a ****. I'll let you know in a week or so how it tastes and such.
    Growth
    5'10"
    150lbs
    Bench - 225
    Squat - 247x5
    Deadlift - 315

Personally I havent tasted any protein powders that are better. What blows me away though is how easy it mixes. You dont need a shaker, blender, but just a spoon
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Damn Gena! It does blend well. And evenly. As for the taste, I've still got to experiment. Do you guys do it cold? And water or milk? I've probably been putting too much water in. The taste hasn't been very strong.
    Growth
    5'10"
    150lbs
    Bench - 225
    Squat - 247x5
    Deadlift - 315

For me, if I mix 1 scoop of Nitrean with about 6-8 oz. of water the flavor is just right. You might do just a little more than 1 scoop if you like a heavier flavor.

Yes, I do give a ****!

Blargh! I was using about 16 oz of water. No wonder. Maybe I should read the directions next time.
    Growth
    5'10"
    150lbs
    Bench - 225
    Squat - 247x5
    Deadlift - 315

My vote is for Nitrean.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

yes i welcome any new members to the "Nitrean cult" haha...its high quality stuff man u won't be disappointed...

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

cut block extraordinaire
    You will like it. Go for it.

Nooooooo! AtLarge Nutrition has its meat hooks in me! It's only been 2 days and my Nitrean is 1/4 gone. I'm addicted. The stuff tastes just like hot cocoa! I've been drinking it like mad. Hopefully it'll do more for me than just tickle my taste buds. I suspect within two weeks it will be gone. Doh!
    Growth
    5'10"
    150lbs
    Bench - 225
    Squat - 247x5
    Deadlift - 315

Quote Originally Posted by thalakos84
    Nooooooo! AtLarge Nutrition has its meat hooks in me! It's only been 2 days and my Nitrean is 1/4 gone. I'm addicted. The stuff tastes just like hot cocoa! I've been drinking it like mad. Hopefully it'll do more for me than just tickle my taste buds. I suspect within two weeks it will be gone. Doh!
    If you have been lifting heavy/hard, giving it 110%, have a solid routine, and a solid diet I am sure it will help put on some LBM for sure.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

It's been a week since I got my Nitrean. I have to say I'm hooked. I only hope I can afford my addiction. I've only got about 1/4 of a container left. Also, maybe this is just me, but I've noticed my bowel movements are firmer. Nice to not have to wipe so much. Here's the question though. Is there such a thing as relying too much on a protein powder for protein? I know I know, it's a supplement. But it's much cheaper and convenient for me to chug a shake than it is to fry up a chicken breast at work. I usually have one when I first wake up with my oatmeal, before lunch, after lunch, before dinner, and then just before bed. Too much?
    Growth
    5'10"
    150lbs
    Bench - 225
    Squat - 247x5
    Deadlift - 315

Thanks for voicing your opinion! We really appreciate it.

Remember, spread the word everywhere!