The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Starting Journal

OK, I am finally starting my journal...

Background:
    Back in August 2001 I came down with the Shingles and a MASSIVE sinus infection. It took about 2 months to recover and I lost nearly 20 lbs. I have never been extremely muscular, although I did go through a time when I lifted often and got big biceps.

I also have bad shoulder problems having dislocated my right shoulder about 7 or 8 times in the last 10 years. This greatly effects my bench lifting capability.

I am currently 36 years old, 5'10" and 160 lbs. Chest is 36", Waste 34", Biceps 14.5"

I have been working out for the last month and gained about 10 lbs back from my illness. Made good progress in all areas and have noticed gains everywhere, especially biceps and chest.

Eating:
    Myoplex Mass - 2X/Day (1/2 Packet) each. This gives me the Whey protein, extra vitamins, and about 500 additional calories per day.

Creatine Monohydrate - Started taking about 1 week ago and have been impressed so far. I am done with the loading phase so I am taking 5mg/day.

7AM - Myoplex Mass Shake
    10AM - Breakfast (OJ, Oatmeal and/or Eggs with Cheese)
    1PM - Lunch (Tuna or Chicken salad, Crackers, Fruit)
    4PM - Snack (Yogart and/or Banana)
    7PM - Dinner (Chicken or hamburger, Fruit, veggies)
    10PM - Myoplex Mass Shake

Estimated Calories: 2500 - 3000 / day

Goals: Gain 15 more lbs to 175 without gaining much fat by the end of Feb 2002.

Workout Routine: (3 - 5 sets)
    Sat AM - Chest / Biceps / Abs
    Sun AM - Shoulders / Back / Triceps / Legs
    Wed. - Full Body Blast

I try to take at least the last set to failure (Sometimes it works out that the last 2 sets go to failure).

I do most exercises with dumbells although I do have a boflex knockoff to perform Lat and leg exercises.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Yo.. Good luck m8!

Pre-Thanksgiving Workout

Good Pre-Thanksgiving workout last night. Man am I hungry for some good turkey today!

It was Chest & Bicep night so my arms are pretty stiff today but that won't keep me from hoisting a few turkey legs!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Full Body Blast

Full Body Blast last night ---

I do not understand why I feel so pumped and energized after a full body blast. I usually do 3 sets (last to failure) and a couple exercises per body part.

When I do a concentrated routine (5 sets per part) I am so wore out! I guess the extra 2 sets and additional exercises completely exhaust my body. Any thoughts from anyone?

Anyway for the time being I am sticking to 2 days on concentrated mustle groups and 1 day full body blast per week.

Push-Pull

Bored last night si I decided to work out. Why not do something rather than setting around even though it was not my regular night. Blasted my biceps hard! Maybe a little too hard since I am hurting pretty bad today.

I am thinking of switching to a Push-Pull split 2 times/week each. I just cannot buy into the fact that working a particular part once a week is better than 2 times / week. Am I totally off base here?

LOL. Yes you are.