Thread: Vegetables.....what's the point....

Vegetables.....what's the point....

I don't have a prob. with fruit; re the other post...it's great as is or blended in with a protein shake etc. It's the veggies that just don't do anything for me & yeah, I know, vitamins etc. But other than cooked carrots or bell peppers, potatoes, everything else just has all the appeal of crap to me; peas, corn, greenbeans-canned or fresh. Goes to prove again, it's the diet that is the toughest part of pumping iron.

I actually like most veggies. That being said I havent bought vegatables in probably 2-3 years. (too much space in my belly where real calories could go) I get em when I eat out and try to get more when I diet, that's about it. Overall diet is the most important part, veggies sure arent IMO.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

i love my veggies no matter what! and eat a good amount!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I actually really like most vegetables. cauliflower especially, as weird as that sounds. I think of them as serving more of a qualitative function, since they are loaded with fiber. Fiber is important whether you're trying to gain weight OR lose weight. Keeps your system clean. Also, since they have a low GI they can be a good way to add a few calories to your meal without adding any bad carbs.

Plus, they can add taste to any meal. If you're having rice, chop up some onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes and mix em in.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smalls
    That being said I havent bought vegatables in probably 2-3 years. (too much space in my belly where real calories could go)
    Same, I haven't bought them in a couple of years either. I will eat them if I'm at home if they're cooked for me, but if I'm making my own food, forget it.

My reasoning is one of cost, more than their satiety effects. I'm on a limited budget and I'd much rather spend that money on calorically dense foods than veggies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vido
    Same, I haven't bought them in a couple of years either. I will eat them if I'm at home if they're cooked for me, but if I'm making my own food, forget it.

My reasoning is one of cost, more than their satiety effects. I'm on a limited budget and I'd much rather spend that money on calorically dense foods than veggies.
    Good point, i only buy like 6 things in the grocery store, and I know when they are on sale. Veggies dont belong on my list.

Collegekid, I agree but I usually get well over 50grams of fiber a day without a single fruit or vegetable. I also like cauliflower either raw, or cooked with alfredo sauce (now that's home cookin) lol.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    I heard that you burn more calories by eating celery than the amount of calories that celery actually has. But it's probably only like 2 calories or something.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

rich in anti oxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber. I'd say they are a necessity. As a kid I never ate veggies but since I decided to go clean I don't mind eating them anymore. Put some olive oil on top and your good to go. Put raw brocolli or cauliflower in a salad and cover up the taste with the dressing.
    Last edited by waynis; 01-29-2005 at 10:03 PM.
    Never Giving In.

Banned
    i like all veggies,. only ones i dont like are peppers. i eat baby carrots like m&m's and tomatos (fruit really) like apples.