Thread: multivitamins question!!

Be strong. Live Long.

multivitamins question!!

Hi there!! I am an athlete and I ve been feeling really tired these past weeks. My friend told me that I need to take vitamins cuz I train a lot. I have never taken multivitamins before. I just want to know more about multivitamins. Can anyone help me out? I will appreciate it and thanks in advanced.

( I feel tired and sleepy. I do sleep 7 to 8 hrs, and when I train I feel really good but when I am done I feel like crap. I ve been feeling this way for about a month and a half and never felt like these before. Can it be lack of vitamins.)

It could also be over training, also, how are you eating habits?
    Weight loss? Depression? Stress?

Be strong. Live Long.
    I am fine with my weight. I am 9'10'' 155 pounds 6-7%. Stress: I do have stress but I don't think it is the caused ( could be ). Overtraining: I ve been training for a long time now so and it never happened before till now- could be possible though. Eating habits: I don't diet but I try to eat as clean as possible.

Wannabebig Member Cynical_Simian's Avatar
    I don't think the lack of a multi-vitamin is the reason for what you described. Especially given that it's a recent development, something in your diet or training is a more likely explanation. Having said that, a mutli-vitamin is probably the most important single supplement you can take. Which one you choose is largely a matter of personal preference; people on these boards take everything from the Animal Pak to Costco and other generic brands.

Disciple#1
    Quote Originally Posted by carlossalsa8
    I am 9'10'' 155 pounds 6-7%.

9'10'' <<Sure bout that ??
    You never know what you can do, until you try to do more than you can.

Be strong. Live Long.
    I Meant 5'10''

F'n RAGE man, RAGE
    I take, Centrum Multi with a Vitamin C and E also...
    Height: 5'8''
    Weight: 188
    Body Fat: 12.4%

i take the costco multi (or centrum multi) *whatever my mom buys* and to answer your question...i don't think lack of vitamins and minerals is the anwser since its a recent thing...but it wouldn't hurt to get a good multi just so u aren't lacking all the vits and minerals needed daily...

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

Your fatigue can only be helped by a multi-vitamin if your body is deficient in something which the multi contains which related to energy metabolism. With food processing being as it is today it is quite possible your are running a relative deficiency of one of the B complex if you are also training with great intensity and frequency. Try a multi-vitamin and getting some extra rest.

If that doesn't work then I suggest you see a doctor.

Make sure your eating enough and not burning a lot more then you take in. Vitamins to athlete is absolutly essential. Source naturals mega one is a good choice. If it's not lack of nutrients it could be something else.
    Last edited by waynis; 01-17-2005 at 09:38 PM.
    Never Giving In.

Be strong. Live Long.
    It might be possible that I am burning more calories than I need to. I will try the centrum multivit. and see what happens ( Do you guys know any other multivitami. that it's good). Thank you guys.
    Last edited by carlossalsa8; 01-18-2005 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlossalsa8
    Hi there!! I am an athlete and I ve been feeling really tired these past weeks. My friend told me that I need to take vitamins cuz I train a lot. I have never taken multivitamins before. I just want to know more about multivitamins. Can anyone help me out? I will appreciate it and thanks in advanced.

( I feel tired and sleepy. I do sleep 7 to 8 hrs, and when I train I feel really good but when I am done I feel like crap. I ve been feeling this way for about a month and a half and never felt like these before. Can it be lack of vitamins.)
    Take a day off for gods sake, its not going to kill you, hell take a week off, see how you feel.

I like the one from Vitamin World , the Vita-Man multi...i forget what the full name is. Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by thajeepster
    Take a day off for gods sake, its not going to kill you, hell take a week off, see how you feel.