Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upper/Lower Body 4 day weekday split. Need critique.

Either routine is pretty solid. I don't think you would be doing too much with the first workout. The only things I would do is to switch one of your bench days to incline and maybe take leg curls out and do SLDL. One other thing, I love supersetting skulls with close grip using the same bar. I finish a set of skulls and just start pressing it. Blew my triceps up.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Thanks Vido and Mike.

I can't get the form down on SLDL, so that's why I have leg curls there. I also love supersetting skulls with CGBP, I just forgot about it! Thanks for the advice.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    Thanks Vido and Mike.

I can't get the form down on SLDL, so that's why I have leg curls there. I also love supersetting skulls with CGBP, I just forgot about it! Thanks for the advice.
    What are you having trouble with on SLDL? I do stiff legs, not straight. Slight bend in my knees and keep them there. Then it's just a matter of lifting the weight up and squeezing. I found straight legs worked my lower back and stiff legs really worked my hams. Maybe that helps.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    I was trying stiff legged. I definately felt it in my hammies, but too much in my lower back as well.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL