The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Beaver ******

My first cut...a little worried...

I've read the articles and been through some threads, I just wanna make sure I understand some stuff.

I've been pretty much trying to pack on muscle and strength. I've done that (But still want more). But I still have all this fat that I need to get rid of so it's time to do some serious cardio (Which I never did...cause I was an idiot) and adjust my diet.

My 1st question is, now I'm on a 2500 cal diet, so do I bring it down by 300 or 500 cals?

2nd question...I plan on doing cardio in the morning, and going to the gym in the evening (Mon-Fri). Should I expect not to be able to lift as much and lose strength, meaning I should decrease my weight as I go on if I can't complete the sets/reps?

3rd (And prolly asked a million times) How long should I keep the diet down, and should I bring the diet back up over a few days. By this I mean, when I wanna stop the diet and bring it back to 2500, should I take a few days to bring it up like over a 3 or 4 day period?

Hope this hasn't wasted anyones time...thanks for the info

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Trying to learn on the fly
    1) if 2500 was bulking, i would take it down to 2000, but 2500 does seem rather low for bulking.

2) you will lose some strength on a cut. the slower you cut the more muscle you should keep.

3)cut until you are satisfied with your results, then bulk again

Beaver ******
    I wasn't really bulking...I was just getting starting out. I Started weight training last August, and have been going steady for the last 6 months trying to figure things out. I've gained muscle and strength and lost bf, but I'm still a fat b***tard...so I'm gonna work on lowering my fat more. Before dieting and exercising I was taking in about 4000 cals, I dropped that to 3000, and then 2500 over 2 months, and trained. I might have dropped the cals a bit quick...

Trying to learn on the fly
    then i would stick with 2500 and solidify a diet and routine. make sure to have some cardio as well, probably 4-5 days a week. see how things go and adjust as necessary