The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

how to develop chest muscle fast

hey i want to know how to develop chest mass muscle...but i can only lift 125 constantly but i max out at 175 but ive developed inner chest muscle well but the outer pecs dont show as much so it lookz just a tad weird but tell me if i need to change routine or keep goin at it and let it develop
    my chest workouts are:
    dumbell presses 3 sets of 10
    wide grip bench 3 sets of 10
    close grip bench 3 sets of 10
    wide set pushups about 250 3-4 dayz a week

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Sometimes s just piss me off. I've tried to tell you about the pecs, but you don't want to listen. Why post?????
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Straight outta Compton
    I didn't understand a word of your post, dude.
    Last edited by Punk In Drublic; 01-30-2005 at 02:39 PM.
    6'5" 200lbs

Banned
    ugh **** man im just freakin a bit cause i ate a ****in ****load both yesterday and today and i aint used to it...i dont mean to act like a newbie man but you were once one too so i mean i aint gonna sit here and ask you to "respect" me or anything all i want is feed on what i just asked but i mean itz w.e if this is how yall do to newbies then so be it

Straight outta Compton
    Ok I seriously tried to understand what you said, but it wasn't working out. Add periods to your paragraph of death.

I guess I will assume your Topic Subject is your question, and I will answer that.

If you are not seeing gains from your chest anymore, you should probably mix it up a little bit. As in, change from Barbell Bench Press to Dumbbell Bench Press. Flat to Incline, Incline to Decline.

Also, make sure you are eatting a ton, which I think is what you were trying to say in your last post, just keep that up.

You aren't going to see results overnight, or probably for the next week or so. Just keep working at it.
    Last edited by Punk In Drublic; 01-30-2005 at 02:48 PM.
    6'5" 200lbs

Yeh, homiez be knowin' itz dat way.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Banned
    in 6-7 monthz i should see resultz with those dumbell presses right? i only have a flat bench but ive heard that dumbell presses work your outer pecs mainly too is that right?

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Nope.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Quote Originally Posted by truest
    hey i want to know how to develop chest mass muscle...but i can only lift 125 constantly but i max out at 175 but ive developed inner chest muscle well but the outer pecs dont show as much so it lookz just a tad weird but tell me if i need to change routine or keep goin at it and let it develop
    my chest workouts are:
    why did you start another thread when you already asked the same question in ANOTHER thread. *sigh* read the board and search you will find your answer there.

ugh **** man im just freakin a bit cause i ate a ****in ****load both yesterday and today and i aint used to it...i dont mean to act like a newbie man but you were once one too so i mean i aint gonna sit here and ask you to "respect" me or anything all i want is feed on what i just asked but i mean itz w.e if this is how yall do to newbies then so be it
    uh.....when people ask the same question TWICE usually people get a little peeved.

also...dude speak english and puntuate. We must understand what you need to help, and with the gibberish like you wrote...hard to do that.

You will NOT see results in 7 months probably you will gain some at the beginning but it isnt like you can start lifting and then BAM after a certain amount of days you turn from skinny guy with no chest to buff dude with phenomenal chest. it takes PATIENCE and HRD work and LISTENING to what people suggest to you

Banned
    the other thread was closed...my bad on all this ****

Now that your speech resembles English: You cannot isolate parts of the pectorals. Why do you just worry about pectorals? One more thing: Db press is great to make gains in the pectoral region.

If you have the resources, I would suggest this for your upper body isntead of what you've posted: Bench, skull crushers (lay on bench, hold db's straight above you like you're doing db press, instead bring the db's down over your head without moving the part of your arm from your elbow to your shoulder. Down over your head, straight up, down over your head, straight up), db curls and keep doing your pushups. If you want to add lots of muscle and get bigger, you should probably keep the sets down to 3 and reps to 3-5. Use heavier db's than the ones you use to do 3x10. Also, eat foods high in protein when stuffing yourself full of food.

My Exploits

Eeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttt !!!!!!!!!!

I assume you don't have a power rack, or I'd reccommend doing squats. Try to get access to a weightroom in school or a gym. Tell us if you do.

My Exploits

Banned
    thanx im sorry for being a pain man...im just focusing on outer pecs more to be exact cause i close grip benched for a whole year and didnt do any other workout so im just lookin for workouts that ALSO work out the outer not just the outer since i cant isolate the pec i want to work...im basically good everywhere on the body i just want the chest to be proportioned right

Banned
    S.W i do squats but only with one 35 on each side, itz all i have man...how many sets and reps can i do with those to just keep toned

Try not to say inner and outter pecs anymore, please? Maybe you mean upper and lower? You can't isolate parts of the chest, however you can put more emphasis and strain on them. If you want to emphasize lower chest, then put 2-3 boards under the foot end of you bench and do db press. If you want to emphasize upper, then put 2-3 boards under the head end of the bench and do db press.

My Exploits

If that's your situation then do 3x10 with them.

My Exploits

Banned
    ight now another thing is like ive eaten a lot this whole weekend i dont plan on eating anything else for today im just gonna drink water i weigh 117 but today ive had 2 bagles a coolatta,and a lot of choc. chip cookies...im wondering, do i go and eat 25-30 carbs for a few weeks or do i go back to my 150-180 carb diet?

Lay off the fats like those found in choc. chip cookies. Don't eat alot of them by any means. PROTEIN is the key here. Protein breaks down into amino acids. The amino acids latch onto muscle fibers to form more muscle. Do you see where I'm going with all this? So if you gorge on fat you'll get nowhere. Usually more food and proper lifting and rest = good gains. So yes, eat what's not too unhealthy (NOT COOKIES) and get that protein, plenty of it, and lift your routine 1 time every 3 days and you should see results in 3-4 weeks.

My Exploits

Banned
    yeah i hadnt eaten cookies in like 8 months before that....also i have wide set abs like idk how to explain really but im wide in the hip part itz like 80 percent muscle though people seem to like it but i like want to make it thinner...got any suggestions?

That's how you are, and that's how it's going to be. Can't change the bodyshape like that. Unless of course you mean the muscle makes it too wide. In that case lose muscle, but I wouldn't be ashamed of muscle at all.

My Exploits

Banned
    i think thatz the way i am with the muscle being like that and also i pm'ed you something hopefully you can help me out, ill be back in like 20 minutes

my chest workouts are:
    DB presses are good, try incline DB presses (about 30degrees)
    wide grip bench lose that one great way to destroy your shoulders
    close grip are great ,for your tri's
    pushups are good
    Try doing flies presonally I think there a great way to a big chest. Dips are good but a little rough on the shoulders. To sum it up in IMO the three best chest exercises are FLAT DB/BB BENCH , INCLINE DB/BB BENCH , FLAT FLIES.
    Remember there's alot more to chest exercises, strong tri's, strong back, strong shoulders and form above all else. Point is to get a big/strong chest takes an all around workout of all body parts. Hope what I've said helps and good luck.............