The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

fat guy at the gym

Ok, There is this over weight guy that works at the gym and soo rude!! Last night I had to park in the back of the gym since there was no parking. When I went to leave around 8:30 p.m. I asked one of the guys at the counter if they could let me out the back door since I was in the furthest corner of the parking lot. So the "fat guy" says " why did you park out there then.(rudley) I wasn't even asking him!! My concern was for my own saftey since there was no one around and it's pretty secluded back there. Anyway I said there was no parking and he replied "Sure". Ooh I felt like saying something rotten to him!! Before this incident about a month ago I was buying a protein cookie and the "fat guy" was waiting on me. he said why don't you just buy a box of them. I replied that I would end up eating too many so I just wanted the one. Then he says "Oh you have that kind of problem huh" (rudley) I was thinking to myself, how in the world can this guy have this additude!!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

The guy doesn't deserve any response or reaction from you, but the next incident, if you can corroborate it with one of the other guys or the mgr or owner, take it up then & that you do not care for or expect to put up with that crap. The next one could possibly be blatant harassment. Doesn't matter that he's fat, but what's his function there? Are you talking out of shape fat or heavy powerlifter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironrelic
    The guy doesn't deserve any response or reaction from you, but the next incident, if you can corroborate it with one of the other guys or the mgr or owner, take it up then & that you do not care for or expect to put up with that crap. The next one could possibly be blatant harassment. Doesn't matter that he's fat, but what's his function there? Are you talking out of shape fat or heavy powerlifter.
    Out of shape!!! He's the only overweight unhealthy looking guy that works there. He just started working at the gym a few weeks ago. I think I will fill out one of the forms on feedback at the gym and mention him and his rude comments.

if he is that rude just crack some fat jokes if he says anything again, or whenever he is using the machines/equipment. just destroy what little of self-confidence he has left and drive him over the edge.

it's piece of cake.

thats what i would do.

Banned
    maybe he likes you but he's just really, really socially inept?

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan

Hmm... I highly doubt it!!! He seems to be a very confident overweight guy that likes to be rude to others. I guess maybe he could be really insecure and this is his way of feeling confident about himself? I don't know but I can't stand him. One of these days I will probably go over the edge and tell him off.

Stop making fun of me!

Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Don't wait, just do it at the next opportunity. He needs to understand you don't treat your customers like ****. He's a new hire so he needs to correct his attitude now or be fired.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

it doesn't sound that bad, to be honest.

he's just some guy who works at the gym, you have a life of your own and you shouldn't let his occasional poor social skills bother you

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    tell him you want him and to meet you in a secluded place and be nude and ready then show up and snap a few polaroids and show them around the gym...that will probably get him to end it and never talk to you again...
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeCrusher
    it doesn't sound that bad, to be honest.

he's just some guy who works at the gym, you have a life of your own and you shouldn't let his occasional poor social skills bother you

Yeah, understandable but it does irritate me. The sight of him annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by crazedwombat
    tell him you want him and to meet you in a secluded place and be nude and ready then show up and snap a few polaroids and show them around the gym...that will probably get him to end it and never talk to you again...

ummm..... yeah..I'm sure he'd fall for that. It's more like oops I accidently tripped him at the gym. He he :evillaugh

talk to management maybe? you're paying good money to work out at a gym, not to have staff be rude to you.

Quote Originally Posted by muscle chic
    Hmm... I highly doubt it!!! He seems to be a very confident overweight guy that likes to be rude to others. I guess maybe he could be really insecure and this is his way of feeling confident about himself? I don't know but I can't stand him. One of these days I will probably go over the edge and tell him off.
    LOL, Sounds like the Comic Book Guy just found himself a new job.
    The half-million citizens of the District of Columbia, like citizens of the fifty states, bear all of the obligations of American citizenship: they are required to obey the laws passed by Congress; they pay federal taxes; they serve in the military; and they fight and die in our wars. Yet they lack the most basic right that should accompany American citizenship—the right to full voting representation in Congress. This makes the United States the only nation in the world with a representative, democratic constitution that denies citizens of its capital representation in the national legislature. In fact, no fewer than 183 nations provide their citizens the type of representation citizens of Washington, DC are denied.

Quote Originally Posted by muscle chic
    Before this incident about a month ago I was buying a protein cookie and the "fat guy" was waiting on me. he said why don't you just buy a box of them. I replied that I would end up eating too many so I just wanted the one. Then he says "Oh you have that kind of problem huh"
    I would have replied, "Looks like you do too!"
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

There is this fat guy who comes into my gym thinking he is ripped and acts like a complete *******, and when I first saw him I thought he probably had some muscle under all that blubber until I saw him almost kill himself trying to incline BB bench 95 lbs.

I would have let him choke for a bit too

Quote Originally Posted by Ironrelic
    The guy doesn't deserve any response or reaction from you, but the next incident, if you can corroborate it with one of the other guys or the mgr or owner, take it up then & that you do not care for or expect to put up with that crap. The next one could possibly be blatant harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan

These two posts are all you need.

Banned
    Challenge him to a duel on the treadmill. Don't let him give you that **** about being a power builder.

Is the fat guy the owner of the gym?

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Challenge him to a duel on the treadmill. Don't let him give you that **** about being a power builder.
    ROFL... treadmill duel.................

Next time he's rude just remind himt that your money pays his wages and indirectly you employee him, so if he doesn't at least show some curteousy you have to report his behaviour.

If that doesn't work just ask him in public if he is over weight and obnoxious to compansate for his small Pe**s?
    "If you are going through hell, keep going."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    maybe he doesnt know his comments are rude? Maybe he thinks he's just being funny? either way, nothing duct tape couldnt solve...and a shovel
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Quote Originally Posted by crazedwombat
    maybe he doesnt know his comments are rude? Maybe he thinks he's just being funny? either way, nothing duct tape couldnt solve...and a shovel

He he!! Funny!!!!

How about you approach him and tell him that you think he is coming off very crudely. Maybe he will change his ways. If not then i would say something to the manager if it really bothers you.

Personally, I just ignore people like this. So far there have been two instances?, so I doubt it has made a huge impact on your gym experience.

He will probably be gone when the New Years Resolution wears off.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by ericg
    How about you approach him and tell him that you think he is coming off very crudely. Maybe he will change his ways. If not then i would say something to the manager if it really bothers you.

Personally, I just ignore people like this. So far there have been two instances?, so I doubt it has made a huge impact on your gym experience.

He will probably be gone when the New Years Resolution wears off.

True!!