Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Help With My Own Diagnosis

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Banned Ice Veins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    106

    Help With My Own Diagnosis

    Maybe someone could diagnose me

    I know I’m writing a lot, but I am impressed at the knowledge and assistance of many of the members on here and would like to get any feedback I can from you.

    I’ve always known something to be not quite right with me, but never knew what. Ever since I was young I had various nagging physical problems. By any standards I am quite a healthy individual, 27 years old, 230 pounds…strong, athletic…I also box, have gone as many as 15 rounds of fighting in one session, and competed in the golden gloves and won other tournaments…Play basketball, football, etc…but I fight through A LOT of bothersome things and feel like no matter how hard I try I can never be my ultimate best because of them.

    Starting with Osgood-slaughters disease when I was about 13, which I then developed condromalacia patellae in my knees. Because of this it weakened my knees and I dislocated my kneecap twice, once when I was 16, once when I was 23. Visited doctors, who took x-rays and always say it appears that nothing is wrong, and all I need to do strengthen, the muscles around my kneecap but Ive been doing so forever and no improvement.

    Often had problems with focus and concentration starting at a young age, although it seems to have improved a bit up to now.

    This may just be a cause of overworking my legs, but I have some type of tendonitis in my lower legs…any stressful activity on my calves, ie running, jumping, will leave them sore for a week, EVERYTIME. I read about something called compartment syndrome, which seems like a good candidate for my symptoms. I mean when I play ball and get shins splints and lactic acid buildup in my calves right away.

    EXTREME muscle soreness and or D.O.M.S. I can do the same activity day in and day out, week in week out, and ALWAYS be sore as hell the next day. I cant do any demanding activity two days in a row because of it.

    Insomnia and inability to wake up early. Just what it is. Its like waking up from a coma when I have to get up at 7am.

    At times a very low sex drive….being a raving maniac when I see a bangin chic in the street, then when it comes time for the deed my sex drive is not as high as it should be…although I have no problems with getting an erection and keeping one, I often times don't have the physical drive and excitement.

    Fatigue. Sometimes I just have no energy. At time in my head it feels like my blood circulation is lagging, like I’m a bit hazy and my head is heavy. I almost always have to take a nap after a long day if I want to box or have a real good workout.

    I read about testosterone levels (this would explain my low sex drive and energy) but yet, I am a VERY fast gainer, a hairy bastard and can be quite an aggressive machismo at times. So I don’t know if that is the case. But I have been thinking that there may be some hormone issues with the sex drive and energy.

    I am not sure if anyone has any suggestions, of if all my symptoms can be tied in to a specific ailment. Or if anyone can make sense of the info I have given, but if anyone has some ideas that would be a start. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Panic Prone waynis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Jax, FL
    Posts
    1,363
    I suggest going to a registered dietitian and telling him your issues. He will help you get to the route of the problem unlike your typical medical doctor would.
    Never Giving In.

  3. #3
    Beefcake razorcut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,777
    Quote Originally Posted by waynis
    I suggest going to a registered dietitian and telling him your issues. He will help you get to the route of the problem unlike your typical medical doctor would.
    If you meet a dietician who can tie all that together and cure you, he/she should win the nobel peace prize.

    Either that, or you could start by getting plugged in with a good primary care physician who will spend the time needed with you to get you headed toward the appropriate sub-specialist for an accurate diagnosis (or diagnoses).
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

    "Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

    "It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” --- Charles Darwin

  4. #4
    Panic Prone waynis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Jax, FL
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbrain
    If you meet a dietician who can tie all that together and cure you, he/she should win the nobel peace prize.

    Either that, or you could start by getting plugged in with a good primary care physician who will spend the time needed with you to get you headed toward the appropriate sub-specialist for an accurate diagnosis (or diagnoses).
    IF you live your whole life being misdiagnosed by countless doctors who have only taken your money, wasted your time, ruined your health, what risk do you take in looking at other alternatives? absolultly no risk.
    I'am victim to the most amazing dietitian you will find. He has changed my life. I finally got my problems diagnosed. IT took 21 freaking years and a mere dietitian accuratly diagnosed me. Instead of possibly wasted this guys life away maybe he can also find one that could tell him what's really going on with him.
    Never Giving In.

  5. #5
    Banned Ice Veins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by waynis
    IF you live your whole life being misdiagnosed by countless doctors who have only taken your money, wasted your time, ruined your health, what risk do you take in looking at other alternatives? absolultly no risk.
    I'am victim to the most amazing dietitian you will find. He has changed my life. I finally got my problems diagnosed. IT took 21 freaking years and a mere dietitian accuratly diagnosed me. Instead of possibly wasted this guys life away maybe he can also find one that could tell him what's really going on with him.
    Couldnt be more true...I have given up on doctors for the exact reason...I have never once been correctly diagnosed in my 27 years of existence...The last straw was when I hurt my back a while back boxing, and it was so painful that i was bed riddent and couldnt walk...Went to FOUR doctors, all of whom aint know their ass from their elbow, and none of whom correctly diagnosed me, or sent me in the right direction...how did i find out what was wrong with me?

    GOOGLE.

    and i diagnosed and cured myself. since then I have not visited a doctor, the internet has become my tool for diagnosing my own symptoms.

    moving on, I will look in to hypothyroidism, thanks for the advice Dirt.

  6. #6
    Beefcake razorcut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Veins
    ...the internet has become my tool for diagnosing my own symptoms.
    Fantastic approach. Good luck in your search.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

    "Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

    "It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” --- Charles Darwin

  7. #7
    Panic Prone waynis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Jax, FL
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Veins
    Couldnt be more true...I have given up on doctors for the exact reason...I have never once been correctly diagnosed in my 27 years of existence...The last straw was when I hurt my back a while back boxing, and it was so painful that i was bed riddent and couldnt walk...Went to FOUR doctors, all of whom aint know their ass from their elbow, and none of whom correctly diagnosed me, or sent me in the right direction...how did i find out what was wrong with me?

    GOOGLE.

    and i diagnosed and cured myself. since then I have not visited a doctor, the internet has become my tool for diagnosing my own symptoms.

    Dirt.
    It's sad isn't it. Google helped you more then your doctors. And taking a risk with a natural supplement is a far less risk then start taking medication which don't actually fix the problem. The problem with symptoms is so many problems cause the same symptoms. It's important to understand your symptoms. When they happen. What makes it worse. Break down your diet. What you eat and what you are taking in. Sometimes as simple as it sounds you could be highly deficiant in one mineral, vitamin, amino acid, ext... that can change the whole way you feel.

    If it wasn't for the internet I would not have discovered msm. MSM is doing wonders for me. I thought I might need surgery on my knee but with the help of msm I feel like my knee continues to improve monthly.

    I really recommend finding a respectable dietitian. The reason I am alive today is credited to my diettitian. The man is the most knowledgable person I have ever met. I trust this man with my life. How many doctors can you say that about and mean it.
    Never Giving In.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Veins
    Maybe someone could diagnose me

    I know I’m writing a lot, but I am impressed at the knowledge and assistance of many of the members on here and would like to get any feedback I can from you.

    Often had problems with focus and concentration starting at a young age, although it seems to have improved a bit up to now.

    This may just be a cause of overworking my legs, but I have some type of tendonitis in my lower legs…any stressful activity on my calves, ie running, jumping, will leave them sore for a week, EVERYTIME. I read about something called compartment syndrome, which seems like a good candidate for my symptoms. I mean when I play ball and get shins splints and lactic acid buildup in my calves right away.

    EXTREME muscle soreness and or D.O.M.S. I can do the same activity day in and day out, week in week out, and ALWAYS be sore as hell the next day. I cant do any demanding activity two days in a row because of it.

    Insomnia and inability to wake up early. Just what it is. Its like waking up from a coma when I have to get up at 7am.

    At times a very low sex drive….being a raving maniac when I see a bangin chic in the street, then when it comes time for the deed my sex drive is not as high as it should be…although I have no problems with getting an erection and keeping one, I often times don't have the physical drive and excitement.

    Fatigue. Sometimes I just have no energy. At time in my head it feels like my blood circulation is lagging, like I’m a bit hazy and my head is heavy. I almost always have to take a nap after a long day if I want to box or have a real good workout.

    I read about testosterone levels (this would explain my low sex drive and energy) but yet, I am a VERY fast gainer, a hairy bastard and can be quite an aggressive machismo at times. So I don’t know if that is the case. But I have been thinking that there may be some hormone issues with the sex drive and energy.

    I am not sure if anyone has any suggestions, of if all my symptoms can be tied in to a specific ailment. Or if anyone can make sense of the info I have given, but if anyone has some ideas that would be a start. Thanks.
    Have you ever been checked for hypothyroidism? That would be the first place I would start. Lethargy, decreased sex drive and muscle soreness are all symptoms associated with it.
    Last edited by Dirt; 02-03-2005 at 01:02 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. diagnosis
    By stantheman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 01:53 PM
  2. My Diagnosis
    By gino in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 06:15 PM
  3. Gyno
    By GonePostal in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-29-2002, 05:46 PM
  4. Diagnosis on my friend and I
    By Volrath in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-24-2002, 01:20 AM
  5. non STD
    By frankm007 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-26-2002, 08:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •