latly my bench hasnt been going up to well and incline hasnt either...for incline i have started doing the machine and for bench i am just doing a flat bench...i read a article that sais if u dont keep putting on weight u wont get bigger..i was thinking should i start doing dumbells for a while for my flat press?
i havent done weighted dips for a while and think my chest is gettign smaller...would this be in my herad or should i do dips again?
i do db presses and close and wide grip bench, some flys are alwayz good too
Flys or cable cross-overs
when u say close would that be a tricep exercise? iv noticed a few big gys have been doing cable cross overs???are they anygood and wat part of the chest would they do...do u think i should go to the db or stick with bb bench?Originally Posted by truest
Here are a few things you could do:
1) Stop benching both flats and inclines at the same time. Pick one or the other, and try to improve on it. After a few weeks switch back to the other. This has worked for me many times.
2) Change rep schemes (if you already haven't). If you have been lifting heavy weight/low reps, try switching to moderate-light weight/high rep.
3) Assistor muscles. Work the triceps, shoulders, and your back.
4) Pre-exhaustion of your assistors. Do a few sets on your tris and delts, then go to your bench press.
5) DB's or barbell. You could switch up between bilateral and unilateral movements.
6) Change your parameters. Change your rest periods, tempo, volume, ect. ect. ect. Periodize.
My 2 cents.
Deadlifts are the key to life.
3) i dont do my back on chest days i do back and bies....chest should tries
4)i do bench first then shoulders then tries..do u meen do 2 on shoulders. 2 on tries then 2 on bench and do it again? wat would that do?
would u lift normal or lighter if not doing bench first.,.ive always done chest first
WTF?Originally Posted by dasher
i switch between DBs and BBs for my bench, but not every week... i stick to BBs for like 4 weeks, then DBs. My bench is going up steadily like this. Maybe that would work for u
I switched to DB presses for about 5 weeks. Last chest/back day I did BB bench press since my DB's were taken and found that I had improved a good 20-30 lbs on my bench. IMHO DB presses are a great chest exercise, as are weighted dips.
Try Dumbell Presses. If you havent done them in a long time you should grow really well with them. just try and progress consistantly.