Thread: mass and strength training

mass and strength training

i hope this hasnt been requested too many times but can somebody explain the difference with mass and strength training. i know ive heard bout a lot of bodybuilders being weaker than they look, and other **** like that, but im more concerned with gaining strength for myself at this point and not so much mass. can some1 explain which excerscises more target strenght, and which target mass?

Trying to learn on the fly
    i'm pretty sure that you can use the same lifts for both strength training and bodybuilding. the difference is how the routine is put together and the diet

3:16
    Quote Originally Posted by ilankaplan1
    i hope this hasnt been requested too many times but can somebody explain the difference with mass and strength training. i know ive heard bout a lot of bodybuilders being weaker than they look, and other **** like that, but im more concerned with gaining strength for myself at this point and not so much mass. can some1 explain which excerscises more target strenght, and which target mass?
    for gianing strength your more likely to keep to the core lifts such as squats, dead, bench press, pull ups and less isolation work like preacher curls
    More likely to keep rep range lower than a typical BB workout.
    eat a lot more kcals and not so worried if you get fat.
    But saying that you get some very strong bodybuilders and some people powerlifters who if went a little diet would make good bodybuilders.
    There can be a lot of cross over between the core of some one routine.
    also there is a slight difference for some one trianing for pure strenght over some one trianing to be a powerlifter.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

^^^yup
    As body said there are little differences in how we train. The biggest rolee is diet though.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

yea i basically lift for bodybuilding and strength. i never ran into any problems as of yet but i really dont give 2 ****s about my diet which would be my only problem. i eat basically whatever i want but i haven run into any problems as of yet...

out of curiosity how's your diet like ?
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

haha yous r gonna laugh at me:

i eat all day long, i usually eat cereal or egg and cheese bagels for breakfast, lunch probly fast food or mac and cheese and same for dinner. i try to eat as much meat as i can, i love steak but i dont get to eat it often. i basically eat like a 7 year old, and my diet consists of absolutly no fruits or vegetables. i just started takin a vitamin supplement.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    IMO nothing wrong with eating until you cannot eat anymore, even if some of it is mcdonalds and such (when bulking) . Though ofcourse, that won't be good for your health.

Oh, get in your fruits, veggies, and wheats.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 02-06-2005 at 11:47 AM.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

ya u need all the vits and minerals from the veggies and fruits...and how can u not like fruit? just slice up a banana and throw it in a pb sandwich...mmmmmm

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto