The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Ms. Decophile Revisited

so i think chigs has put some sort of wycked spell on me from across the waters.

I was waiting for the bus, and considering my christmas wishlist (prada boots, marc jacobs perfume, x-box, the latest incubus cd, a renewal for my National Geographic subscription and last but not least this funky book called The Art of Shen Ku, in case any of y'all are interested ), when the overwhelming urge to start a new journal struck me. I had been aganst this whole journal idea since i find it a bit redundant....but i am working under compulsion right now. actually i think i'm going to be a bit more creative and bit more regular with this one.....what's the hell, ya only live once right?

anyways....let's see where i am thus far. I've been to the endo, i've got my meds...it's been about 2 months now, and i'm feeling quite good. 'm in a happy place. I've also finally been able to lose this weight like a normal person...so that's good. I am doing low-carb type diet - about 2000 cals a day....and i really have to make sure i eat because, the levoxyl messes with my appetite.

right now i'm doing cardio anaerobically, and trying to weight train aerobically. It's a push/pull/legs split and i train 2 times a week. I find that for me, i need 2 weeks recovery with upperbody, but legs do fine being trained once a week. i'm a freak, i know.

right. so there's the background. on to my updates...
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

woo hoo!

hey, are you still on the medication for the thyroid?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

hot damn, *does a christening jig in tryska's journal*
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

so tis the day before thanksgiving. i spent all day thinking of getting home because i have some business i desperately need to attend to. We got out of work 2 hours early today, and i figure i could get home..well no. I wound up doing some runnin's that took me til dusk to finish. the upside...i hauled my various shopping all over tarnation so i'm considering that todays cardio.

eating has been....well relatively sh*tty. I got in meal 1, skipped meal 2 (which was my carb meal) and ate meal 3, which included carbs but wa slow in fat, so that's cool. i missed #4, and will be eating #5 shortly. could y'all please remind me to eat? i get busy and forget....

anyways..tomorrow's thanksgiving, and i am spending it as a day off. which means i get to get tons of stuff done. also, in lieu of the dysfunctional family funfest gorge, i am letting my apartment stalker take me out to dinner. which should be oodles of fun had by all. and perhaps i will eat fried turkey. will watch those carbs though.

oooh! personal triumph of the day....i was at my grocery...and i passed their baked good aisle..not once but twice. and i was torn because i really wanted something yummy and sugary to eat, but i managed not too. it was kind of funny though, because there i am checking labels and talkign to myself and the butcher guy actually commented on it...*lol* then he started talkign me about the pies....i overcame it because i would have had to haul it all home. i did good.

okay that is all.

chigs...yup. and it's been working wonders, let me tell ya....i feel pretty damn good.

so what exactly have you been taking T, and how is it different from anything else you've took for it?

also, how is it affecting you? other than the "normal" fat loss of course.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

levoxyl (T-4) 1mg.

it's different in that it's actual thyroid hormone. so i've got more of it floating around to be converted to T3.

as for how it's helping...mhmm..i have more enrgy, i'm way more alert and umm..extroverted now. I didn't realize just how withdrawn i had been when i wasn't feeling well. I do just fine on 8 hours sleep now, umm...i sweat when i do cardio, and my thermo actually works as it should. basically i'm back to being my old self....there's a couple of things that aren't all the way back to normal yet..but this kind of therapy takes time.

mr. barker....the idea of possibly eating frind turkey is what made me say yes. *lol*

wow...i am pretty damn whupped right now....it's been a long day. Let's see....

I cleaned house like a madwoman this morning....and wound up cleaning out all my drawers, cupboards and closets cuz well it just seemed like fun at the time. Anyways, i managed to pack four lawn bags worth of pure garbage so today's combined cardio/strangth training routine was hauling those four bags one at a time down 3 flights of stairs and over to the dumpster on the other side of the complex. It was actually a damn good workout. wonder if i should consider that a back workout? maybe just upper body. anyways.....that was my active rest day.

Diet was sh*tty again though. I had my morning coffee and a handful of nuts around 11am and then went out for the thanksgiving meal with the stalker. it was quite nice actually and i believe he is harmless. Anyways....I had..fried turkey, stuffing, green beans, sweet potatoes, and cranberry sauce, and chased it with a little bread pudding which was WAY too sweet and some iced tea. Way too many carbs, but whatever, it was thanksgiving. I didn't eat a whole lot though....hmm..maybe:

3oz turkey
    1/2 c sweet potatoes
    1/4 c stuffing
    1/4 c green beans
    and 1tbsp cranberry sauce?

as for the bread pudding i think that was maybe a cup of it on the plate and i picked at it....so a 1/4 cup total....don't know what today's food came to calorie wise...but whatever.

Then we went to see Harry Potter..which was awesome! i really enjoyed that movie, but damn it was long. pretty funny though.

anyways..that's it. hope everyone else that celebrates had a good one too. oh....later this evening i might have a navel orange. don't know. either that or an apple. I should prolly throw some whey in there.....
    Last edited by Tryska; 11-22-2001 at 05:19 PM.

well ok..today was a cold wet boring day....

umm..let's see.....I went to the gym (in the rain), saw a coole crane, i think it was...or maybe a heron i don't know..some sort of bird with a large beak, in the creek that runs next to my complex (in the rain), got on the bus and saw the most redneck-iest thing ever. This well redneck is on the bus with his buddy, and he has walkie-talkie. So for some odd reason (prolly just to show out), he decided to walkie talkie his friend who apparently has one too...conversation went like this:

Redneck: uhh 10-4 good buddy what's yer 20?
    Redneck Buddy: huh?
    Redneck: I said, what's yer Twenny?
    Redneck Buddy: What's that mean?
    Redneck: where you at, man? what's yer locay-shun??
    Redneck Buddy: Oh. Ahm pumpin' gayus.
    Redneck: Yer Pumpin' Gas?? WHY?
    Redneck Buddy: Cuz I needed some.
    Redneck: Oh. Djeat yet?

and on and on it went.....anyways...so i went to the gym...did intervals on the elliptical, 20 minutes, 60/60 and called it a day. Tomorrow is leg day so that's gonna be fun.

ummm, what did i eat today?

Oh yeah....
    1; Cottage cheese and flax, 1 cup coffee.
    2: Oats
    3: 3 Tuna Cutlets
    missed 4....
    5: Dinner Salad with mmm, yummy fresh raspberries.

and that'll do it. over and out.

well, bam...you ain't heard nothin' yet....

anyways...today kinda sucked...i had many many errands to run, and wound up not being able to fit in my leg session...my options are to do a home bw routine tomorrow, or hope that sometime during next week the gym will be empty enough to do my routine the way i like it. or i can just postpone til friday or satruday...don't know.

dropped 130 bucks on a month's worth of supps today. boy am i pleased. also took care of those way overdue library books. and some other errands, and frankly i'm whupped. Anyways..eating was a tad bit better than usual but not by much..*lol*
    let's see:

1: coffee and tuna cutlet
    2: hotdog and orange juice
    3: myoplex shake
    4: skipped again
    5: some fruit i think...and maybe leftovers.

you know..on a side note....i feel like i've lost focus for a bit, and i'm getting that kinda tied down feeling. I think i need to shake things up somehow, although i'm not sure what to do yet.....perhaps i'll think on it tonight and tomorrow, and decide.

that's it.

it was definitely 12, dl.....maybe even 12.5...

well...feels like tornado weather in georgia this evening. it's warm and muggy and that feeling is in the air...not to mention a thick blanket of clouds and lot's of lighting type things happening above them. kinda cool. i love storms.

Ring the Alarm...

w00t! i had a serious session this evening. Not bad for 2 hours of sleep, all things considered. I did legs today...strangely enough for a monday night the gym was pretty empty...well actually it's cuz i rolled in at 4:15 -ish. But, despite not sleeping, my lifts went up too, so i'm really surprised. AND i did cardio after. I'm hardcore. *lol*

Lets see: Leg day -
    Hack Squats: 1 warmup set - 60, then a 12x80-10x90-10x100 rep scheme.
    Weighted Walking Lunges: 3x12x40
    Weighted Step-ups: 1x20x40
    SLDLs: 3X10x60
    Seated Calf Raises: 3X15x135 - I do these on a seated leg press machine, actually. ( i think i will up this next week)

and 15 minutes Intervals on the elliptical, no resistance 1on/1off.

(i am listening to an extended dub version of Night Nurse by Freddie McGregor - I'm JAMMIN' over here)

okay.....diet today:
    1: cottage cheese and flax
    2: oats
    3: sausage and onions
    4: 2 oz cheese
    5: dinner salad with ham and turkey

tonights plan is to catch up on last night's missed sleep....well provided some new drama doesn't come my way, which judging from my voicemails it just might...*sigh*

a-ight. that's it. easy.
    Last edited by Tryska; 11-27-2001 at 11:07 AM.

la la la...so i was gonna edit out my poundages again, but i decided not to be a wuss. however, I am gonna be a wuss about my chest/tri poundages and they will not be mentioned, until i feel those lifts are worthy....la la la....

okay..anyhoo....today was a fine day, aside from my proxy crapping out on me at work, and me not being able to get to certain sites i like to cruise...but other than that..work was lovely. Oh! i forgot..something exciting happened at work today...one of my co-workers is diabetic and apparently passed out and was out cold at his desk for like 30 minutes before he slumped over and someone noticed.....they called the cops and the ambulance and everything....of course i had no idea this was going on until my across the aisle coworker told me...but ol' boy pulled through just fine and went home early.

umm...what did i do today? oh yeah....20 minutes endurance cardio on the elliptical to soften up my very VERY stiff legs, and then on to chest/tris...it was a decent workout (for me).

Chest/Tris-
    Bench Press: 12-10-10
    Incline Hammer: 10x3 (this was lighter then usual, i was kinda tired after the bench)
    Tricep Extensions: 12x3 (why does single pulley seem so much more difficult then double pulley? even when you halve the weight or thereabouts?)
    Machine Dips: 12x3 (by the time i got here, my tris were shot)

the bus ride home was interesting...i was sitting next to what can only be descibed as the happiest woman in the world. she was telling me about God's Plan. thankfully she didn't try to recruit me into her church, or save my soul...but to be honest, i agreed with her on most of what she said, although i couldn't get a word in edgewise. she really was quite chipper, though.

anyways..todays food:
    2: oats
    3: tuna cutlets
    4: orange
    5: dinner salad with tuna.

that about does it...i feel so much better now that i've had my shower..but i really am looking forward to curling up with one of my new magazines and getting to sleep early tonight. did i mention it is hot as hell in georgia still, and i had to turn the a/c on when i got home?? okay that's it. later.
    Last edited by Tryska; 11-27-2001 at 04:42 PM.

One suggestion - do your cardio after you lift.

I love the incline Hammer Strength, although I'm not sure if it carries over well to bench poundage.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

i actuall prefer incline db, the hammer strength is kinda.....awkward for me, like i'm pressing with my wrists, you know what i mean?

and yeah...i typically do cardio after, but i just needed some heat in my legs so they would move me about yesterday.....it wasn't particularly intense cardio, but perhaps it did affect my training last night.....

well it is an absolutely gorgeous night out. Almost full moon, just a couple clouds in the sky to give it character, reflecting the light, about 68 degrees with a blamy breeze blowing. a fine night for walking...and walk i did..or rather, hobble.

anyways...i had a hell of a day at work....i haven't been busy since...well the beginning of the year i guess....actually no..about this time last year, because everybody is hiring to fulfill their budgets...not to mention network problems with that damn ohio proxy again...pissing me off...i kept getting booted out of chat...which is all good, cuz i really did get a mess of work done today....

umm..took today as an active rest day, as i had a bunch of errands to done....and i got those squared away, so that's that.

diet:
    2: ermm...worked through it
    3: grilled veggies and sausage and onions
    4: protein smoothie
    5: still kinda full, so perhaps some nuts. or maybe a navel orange. we'll see.

and that'll do it. lataz.

heh. guess what tryska forgot to do? yup. send gail that email. *sigh*

woo.....well let me tell y'all just how beautiful the moon was tonight! i think it's all the way full and the sky was all dark, but it was surrounded by clouds, and like this incandescent glow where the light was reflecting off the clouds...gorgeous..like one of those really dark paintings, except there was no ocean underneath, or a field with druids in it or soemthing. God i wish i lived by the sea still. i miss it.

i will say this much...one thing i like about walking everyhwere is that i am much more aware and observant of my surroundings then if i just left my house hopped in my car and went into whatever building i was driving too. it's more calming actually then driving in this Atlanta traffic too. these people are retarded.

anyways...i trained back/bis today......it was a pretty strong session....(for me) i actually trained with shawn, and he told me i was the strongest of the females he trains. okay, seriously, that ain't saying much cuz the rest of them "just want to tone". but anyways...here are my lifts:

Back/Bis-
    Seated Row: 50x15, 60x12, 60x15 (?! don't ask, i dunno -prolly shoulda gone for 65)
    Lat Pulldown: 50x12, 60x12x2 (will up this too)
    Lying Pullover: 15x12,20x15, 20x12 (wanted a 25 but someone had them, and 30 i just wasn't ready for)
    Standing Bicep Curls: 20x12; 30x12; 35x8 dropped to 30x8 (i did this at the universal - double pulley)

okay..so here's where the fun started....i decided to do 20 minutes on the elliptical..and i grabbed the first machine that was open..the girl next to me says, "I think that's broken"..and i say..."well it seems to be working...i wonder what that's about" and it was acting normal....and i set my interval program....and i get my little magazine and i start reading and ellipsing. Well the machine was possessed by satan and had a mind of it's own. It decided about 8 minutes in..that it wanted to raise it's ramp all the way as high as it could go.....i was busy reading...until i realized this was getitng damn difficult..so i move the mag and look at the display and this biatch is on 20....so i try to lower it back down to about 15 which is what it usually is...and stays like that for a couple seconds...and then raises itself back up....and i lowered...and it raised it....and i lowered..and it raised it....i was like wtf? so i said to myself..f*ck it....i'm gonna beat this biatch! so we struggled back and forth for the next 10 minutes....if i got the level below 10, then it would stick till the next interval and then raise back up to 20....so i made my own program. it like to have killed me though. I was laughing when i was done! *lol*

okay..eating. I have been very very bad the past 24 hours. That old "overcome the hunger" feeling has been coming back again....it started last night when i woke up hungry and half asleep, and fell into my old habit of ignore it and it will go away. i shoulda got up, but i didn't. and again this morning...ignore it and it will go away....and then again this afternoon..ignore it and it will go away. I gotta figure out a way to re-program that "only weak people eat" thinking I have.

so here's the damage:
    2: skipped
    3: turkey on whole wheat and chips (i'm considering this a cheat..i was too hungry to make a rational decision, and i didn't bring my lunch with me...piss poor planning on my part)
    4: skipped
    5: I just had some whey and a banana, and i'm gonna have a salad later on.

that's it.

well tryska has officially run out of gas for the week. my god i feel like crap right now. Combine last night's insomnia with the sunday night/monday morning's helping a friend through a dark night of the soul....i definitely am low on reserves.

i was tired all day, and work was hell, and people keep bugging me, and i've stopped answering my phone. they can all communicate with me via email. i don't care anymore!

this journal thing is a great way to decompress, let me tell ya. anyways....went to the gym for my walk/jog treadmill interval night. i definitely didn't have the gas for it today, but i pushed through. course it mighta helped if i had eaten a little bit more. bah.

15 minutes walk/jog intervals 30/30. I was riding home and really felt like i was gonna pass out. maybe i'm just dehydrated. i'll prolly feel better after some food too. which reminds me....today's food:

1 - cottage cheese and flax
    2 - skipped
    3 - sausage and onions, roasted veggies
    4 - skipped
    5 - steak and salad.

again..bah. later.

well i took today as an active rest day.....had a lot of runnins to do....

got an adjustment this morning an then went to do the weekly shopping. we went to the farmers market....i love shopping there. oh and i officially love that place because they carry my fave cottage cheese in huge tubs that will last all week. hee hee.

umm..yeah s i skipped working out today, but i've got a playdate with my stalker for tomorrow as he has JOINED MY GYM. thankfully, he ain't hardcore, and he works strange hours so i should be able to miss him most of the time. I'm tempted to put him through a leg session and scare the sh*t out of him so that he never ever asks me to go to the gym with him again. :evillaugh

but i need the cardio, and the busses don't run tomorrow, and i skipped today, so one does what one has to do.

anyhoo, todays food:
    1:cottage cheese and flax
    2:mcdonalds cheeseburger (i was on the road, it was available)
    3:a handful of nuts and some grapes
    4: skipped
    5: quiche! (i was surprised to find this is an almost perfect keto food)

prolly not in keto today due to the cheeseburger.....(which i haven't eaten in a long time....it didn't taste that good, incidentally.)

that's that!

okay....so i just got back from working out....my stalker took me to the gym...and we did our workouts.....his was 10 minutes on the treadie..apparently he has this i'll burn 100 kcals and i'm done mentaility...and i did my 30 minutes of 2 minute intervals on the elliptical. (not the evil one). we were supposed to go out to lunch after that, but apparently he overextended himself and was suppsoed to help someone move....so since i had't scheduled with him for dinner instead he felt bad, and arranged with the restaurant guy to get me a plate of food to go. Totally unnecessary, but quite thoughtful, i must say. I'm gonna have to put my foot down and start paying for stuff so he doesn't get the wrong idea. anyways..so we go to the restuarant, and it truns out it's owned by one of my favorite shopkeepers from my old neighborhood. and he gave me a hassle for abandoning him..and i'm so pleased that he and his wife did so well that they could open a restaurant. they are a fascinating couple too..witty and charming and east indian from south africa. very cool people, and the restaurant is looking good too.

umm..so that's that....

workout - 30 mintute intervals 2 on/2 off

diet -
    1: quiche
    2: indian food (yum, it's vegetarian though)
    3: maybe some fruit and whey
    4: dinner salad.

low on protein today, but what the hell.

oh i took my stats this week....bf went down another 1.6%, and life is good. i gotta cook lunch for the next week later on this evening (steak and veggies!) and that'll do it. later.

thanks for the luck y'all.....

can i just say that when i am depleted, i am down right evil? not a happy camper at all. so i'm waiting for the bus..and one of those women comes up and sits down...you know..the kind that can't shut up, and enjoy the silence? well she tries to engage me in conversation, and i'm not buying it...a. because i can't think, b. because..well...i just didn't want to talk to her.....so we get on the bus, and there was another magpie more than happy to engage in inane conversation with her. and they were loud and high-pitched. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs...you biatches talk too damn much! STFU. i fought it though, and swallowed my irrational rage at these two women. *sigh* i'm a saint. *lol*

anyways....i think i broke my groin this evening. i was doing lunges, and i got a little too happy, and came down at an angle on my left leg....it's kinda achy right now....like right up to around my knee. wonder if it's temporary, or if i'll have issues dfor the next two days..weeks, whatever. it's my funky knee too, the one that never recovered fully from the time i tricked it out rollerblading. sucks.

anyhoo....legs:
    hack squats: 90X12; 100x10; 120x10
    walking lunges: 12x3x40
    step-ups: 15x2x40
    SLDLs: 55x10x3 (last week i did them on a machine..this time with DBs do i dropped it down 5 lbs..which was wise....for some odd reason, maybe the eca, from the squats on my heart was racing)
    calf raises: 155x15x3 (ouchies)

and 10 minutes of fast walking on the treadmill. just couldn't put my heart into cardio this evening.

food:
    1. cottage cheese and flax
    2. yogurt
    3. steak and veggies
    4. navel orange
    5. milk and whey and i'm having a salad later on....

i was pretty damn hungry today, so i managed to get all my meals in for the first time in what? a week, since i've been tracking it? anyways...that's that y'all.

*lol* the stalker and i aren't quite that close.

and thanks paul....today i am sick. I have been slept for 14 hours straight...and i still want more sleep. I don't know what's wrong with me...but i feel much like a pile of caca.

perhaps if i have some energy later this afternoon i will go to the gym and sweat it out with some cardio......don't know if it will happen though. i hate being sick, and i hate missing work....especially now, because tomorrow there will be a pile of crap on my desk, and people bothering me all day. *sigh*

thanks jane.

i did 30 minutes of 2on/2off intervals ont he elliptical and i must say i do feel a little more normal now.

umm eating has been shite. i have had a cup of coffee and a handful of nuts all day. of course i'm not hungry.

ai. pedestrian female given the choice of getting a ride home with an attractive stranger, turns down ride, because, ted bundy was also an attractive stranger. feels good about the decision until entering her complex, only to have the stalker, swoop down out of nowhere ready and willing to give her a lift the 50 steps it takes to get ot her apartment.

this is my vida loca.

anyhoo...just got out the shower, and figured i would make my entry....umm....30 minute 2on/2off elliptical routine. decided chest day will be tomorrow.

food:
    2. yogurt
    3. steak and veggies
    4. whey ( oh i had a little sliver of carrot cake before going to the gym..it was good)
    5. salad.

umm..that covers it for today.....on to my next adventure. woohoo.

well...i've had one of my more amusing rides as a bus-pass totin' fool.

imagine if you will...tryska gets on the bus and there is this 350 lb redneck girl TRIPPING her ASS off. she was pure comedy. everyone else on the bus was like..oh my god...she must be on those drugs...and i was just laughin my ass off.

she was crackin jokes and stuff...and at one point she broke out in song....

JOY

and Pain! (pump it pump it up)

SUNSHINE and RAIN!! (keep it goin' keep it goin')

then some people were like...could you please just shut UP?! and we pass Sears in the mall, and she's like...HEY! I got caught stealing in there once!

Her singing: Been caught stealin'! once! when i was young!

The people: SHUT UP!!

so then we hit the transfer center and a bunch of people get off and things calm down a bit and she takes a seat...and starts tripping on the lights...."Hey busdriver? could you shut these lights off??"

busdriver: no ma'am. no one wants to sit in the dark.

so she goes back to trippin' off them, and giggling and trying to maintain her compusre....and i'm watching her....and all of a sudden she looks straight at me...."ALLO!!" before i could stop them, the words came tumbling out of my mouth....

"dude. your eyes are like 8-balls man."
    acid-girl breaks out in laughter..and says..hy..you going to marietta? i said nah..i'm getting off soon..and she looks at me again and says..BAH! and starts singing some other song. she had a nice voice though.

I enjoyed this so much for two reasons: A. she was pure comedy. b. she chased the evil magpie off to the back of the bus and shut her up too, which i thanks the gods for.

anyhoo....did chest/tris today. shawn and i decided we'e gonna go really heavy, with negatives on the last rep, and see if i can't break this plateau.

so here it went:
    Hammer Bench: 3x6-8 (gained 20lbs for 6 reps with a spot though)
    Hammer Incline: 3x6-10 (last set was supposed to b a lightweight burnout, but i couldn't do more than 10)
    Machine Dips: 3x10-12 (upped it 15lbs on the first 2 sets)
    Tricep Extensions: 3x12

I'm officially sick, even though i've been in denial..with tht headcold i was prolly supposed toget 3 weeks ago. so i skipped cardio. i ain't hardcore today.

I'm supposed to be going to this black-tie party tomorrow, but i'm feeling like crap right now, and i don't know hopw i'll be feeling tomorrow..so i may just skip it. never went shopping for clothes for it tonight anyway. bah.

food:
    2. yogurt
    3. curry chicken and rice (too high GI, but whatever)
    4. skipped
    5. dinner salad with tuna.

that does it...lataz.

surreal scene on the corner of my street:

a black santa claus waving at traffic and talking to himself.

ok actually it's some promo guy for a cellphone company doing the christmas "come in and buy" thing....and i think he might have had one of those ear pieces on underneath the hat and beard. or he really coulda been talking to himself. i didn't ask.

okay anyways....was up early this morning...had to go get my chiro adjustment. and went to the gym.

30 minutes intervals 2 on/2off on the elliptical.

i'm feeling better today thanks to the megadoses of vit C i was told to take...i owe someone big-time for that advice .

anyways...food so far:
    2. milk and whey
    3. quiche
    4. fruit i think. either that or some almonds.
    5. dinner salad.

easy.
    Last edited by Tryska; 12-08-2001 at 12:38 PM.