Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kimpy and JuniorMint's weightlifting journal

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar

Kimpy and JuniorMint's weightlifting journal

OK, so im officially a fatty (again). After a year of going to the gym 4-6 times a week, i havent gone consistantly since july (kimpy's fault). Now im working from home, so im not getting much excercise, but i do have lots of free time. My goal is to get back to the gym 2 days on, 1 day off, doing my push/pull/lower body routine i was doing before. I may have to lower the volume at first while my body gets used to it.

Kimpy is here because shes supposed to start going to the gym to inspire me! Haha we'll see how that goes
    Im going to the gym right now, shes going on thursday. Feel free to call her a slacker

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Kimmay!!!!!
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

THURSDAY. i need to.. prepare. actually i just dont have time to go before thursday.

and its not MY FAULT that he hasn't gone. i told him to go!

lol hi
    Last edited by kimpy225; 02-08-2005 at 04:09 PM.

juniormint: welcome back bro!!

cut block extraordinaire
    Good luck

Welcome back... again!

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Whoohoo!!! Minty and Kimpy are back. Time for you kimpy to invest in a nice leather whip, so you can whip Minty back into shape.

All kidding aside, welcome back, guys.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Ain't this a trip, coming back with a journal right when I closed mine down (I mean I just be damn, lol) - don't be slackin Kimpy, get to them sessions in the gym Mint.

the lil engine that could chops's Avatar
    jr mintyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! welcome back. oh sure, it's *her* fault if you don't go

brian: thanks for stopping in!
    andy: thankya
    jammaster: i know i know, third times the charm, right?
    CAhomer: hahahaha dont give her any ideas
    CoCoA: What/!?!?! you closed down your journal? That sucks, how come?
    superchopper: Thanks of course its her fault, shes very distracting

I went to the gym earlier today with my brother. i probably wouldnt have made it to the gym if he didnt call me and wake me up (at 2 in the afternoon). We'll probably be going together tommorow too.
    Today i did "push". The weights are really wimpy, and no where near my max, so i wont bother posting them, part embarassment, part because my weightlifting book is in my car. But heres my workout anyway. Amount of sets include warmups, but really they were all "warmups":
    2/8/05 "Push"
    • Bench Press: 3 or 4 sets
    • Incline Bench: 3 sets
    • Tricep Pushdown: 3 sets
    • Pec Dec: 3 or 4 sets
    • Lateral Raise Machine: 3 sets
    • Rotator Cuff work
    Stuff was kind of out of order because some of the stations were busy when i wanted them. Otherwise, good workout. My brother asked me to show him form for deadlifting, and i pretended i still knew how to do it. It felt really good to DL, im excited about doing it in a few days. Tommorow is "pull"

Poker was OK. Ive been messing around playing 10 player, $11 entry tournaments online. I played 30-40 today, and made some OK money. I might have to move up to $22 entry to make a living playing those exclusively though.
    Last edited by JuniorMint6669; 02-11-2005 at 07:52 AM.

It's start, sooner or later, you get into the routine of going to the gym.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Good luck! This is cool, I haven't read a two-person journal before

yea i dont even have a real routine .. yet. i just need to get back there. thats my first step. once i get back i played soccer for 10 years and had tons of energy. after i got hurt.. it went downhill hehe. i miss playing sports. even if its just frisbee or stickball, wiffleball, throwing the ball around.. all that fun stuff. it helped me stay more upbeat. i AM going today so i will update when i am done work and done workin out

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore
    Kimmay!!!!!
    saying it like that sounds like "timmy" from the recent seasons of South Park

LOL

Anyway, good on ya JM and kimpster for starting a new journal... good luck eh!

Hey Junior let's make a Kimpy sandwich!

j/k guys, welcome back.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Patrick
    Hey Junior let's make a Kimpy sandwich! j/k guys, welcome back.
    thanks guys

patty: im watching you!!!!!!!!! ive heard some things... :evillaugh
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

Thanks guys. Well yesterday was a bust, my brother didnt call me until almost 4... which means i didnt wake up until 4. And i had to start working by then or it would have never happened.
    Then today... i didnt wake up until 430, then my bro and a friend stopped by for about an hour. I would go now but my uncle is coming to get a haircut soon (wtf? he drives an hour and a half to get a haircut by me?). And THEN i have to play some poker. But if i get bored, ill go at midnight or something.

I know. i know. excuses. i know.

patty: die please k thx

jk man, nice to see youre still alive

so lets see. i went to the gym. ON TIME hehe. it was realllly busy. i dunno why haha. i usually go around 9 and its not bad but i got there a little late.. like 930 and it was packed. usually i am there 9-10 and its never crowded so i dunno what was up with 930 being extremely busy haha. OH wait .. maybe because of lent hahahaha. i dunno man i dont even know what i am giving up for that.

anyways. i was on the bike for 25 min. 9.5 miles babie! hehe that went well. i wasn't even that tired afterwards which is surprising because its been so long.

i got sick of seeing all the people there so i only did a few lifts. i did my favorite
    Leg Press 12x90 12x90 8x140
    i usually start off with 90 always no matter how often i go to the gym (or not go...)
    Leg Extension 12x40 12x50 10x50
    Leg Curl 12x40 10x40
    Calf Raises first i used the leg press when it was on 90. i did 15 of those. then the last thing i did was these with 10lb DBs. haha i think i did about 50.

aight thats about it, yo. you stay classy wbb
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. You're so buff Nice workout babe!
    Last edited by JuniorMint6669; 02-10-2005 at 10:39 PM.

Good deal on the bike and the leg workout Kimpy...I like the journal, very unique -

At least you got some workouts going, in comparision to your significiant other :o

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianHomer
    At least you got some workouts going, in comparision to your significiant other :o

LOL! whats that supposed to mean!?!?! since the begining of the journal we've both worked out once!!

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorMint6669
    LOL! whats that supposed to mean!?!?! since the begining of the journal we've both worked out once!!
    She's A) a female and B) pretty darn cute...she therefore gains the right to get more slack than you do.
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pup
    She's A) a female and B) pretty darn cute...she therefore gains the right to get more slack than you do.
    Are you some way implying that im not cute? DIEEEEEEEE

Defend me kimpy!