Thread: Betrayal of a Lifting Partner.

Betrayal of a Lifting Partner.

I just recently switch gyms with my long time lifting partner/ best friend. We both signed up for year membership promising eachother would make the commitment to give eachother motivation and get big and cut. Well a few weeks ago i was approached by a personal trainer who wanted to train me for free for a competition at a totally different gym. Competition is what i have been wanting to do for a long time and this is my shot at it. Should I stay loyal to the brotherhood of iron? Or should i betray my lifting partner and go train someone else? Need advises.
    G.L.A.G. II

talk it over with your friend, thats the best way to go about it.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

Are all your workouts going to be done with this guy? If not you can train sometimes with him, and sometimes with your friend. Or you can see what your friend thinks about the idea. If the person is your best friend they should understand and not try and hold you back.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

MACHINE
    You don't need a trainer to train for a competition, you more than likely need a dietitian, skilled in competition dieting. This will have no effect on your training partner, unless you promised to eat everything he eats too...
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Does the "trainer" weigh over a buck fifty or is he able to lift anything?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by gino
    You don't need a trainer to train for a competition, you more than likely need a dietitian, skilled in competition dieting. This will have no effect on your training partner, unless you promised to eat everything he eats too...

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason
    Does the "trainer" weigh over a buck fifty or is he able to lift anything?
    I too am curious about this. And what kind of comp are we talking?
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

DONT DITCH YOUR FRIENDS FOR ANYTHING.

other than that follow gino

Lift Heavy Love Hard
    I wouldnt betray your friend he is your friend and you do not wanna leave him high and dry if you made a promise to him. Plus who needs a personal trainer if you have questions that is what this great site is for.

Be loyal to your friends. See if the trainer will train you both at the same time, your friend should be willing to kick in some money if this trainer's the real deal and it should be ok. If not, **** him and lift with your buddy.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

"The oak" Is my inspiration. My decision HAS become clear. Thank you.
    G.L.A.G. II

mine too

and your decision is....

Real Deal

This trainer is the real deal. I've seen his recent apprenticies they are impressive. I want to train with this guy so i know exactly what I am doing. I have a great deal of knowlodge as of now, but you can never know enough to be the biggest and the best.
    G.L.A.G. II

I think I'm going to train with this guy for a few months so I can get a full understanding about and my diet.
    G.L.A.G. II

MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by gino
    :withstupi

Unless you're an inexperienced trainer, which I doubt because you probably wouldn't be pursuing a competition, don't waste your time with the training part. If he can do a diet for you, great, because that's the toughest thing to nail down and will require experience.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560