The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I wanna be big :)

Realistic goals...

I was just wondering what a good goal would be by the end of this year (2005 ). I just turned 14, im 5'10, and I weigh 160 lbs. My numbers are:
    Bench 130
    Squat 210
    Dead - I dont deadlift, but I plan on starting soon.
    Im currently on creatine and whey, of course Im eating healthy, intaking around 200 grams of protein a day. Any idea of a good goal?

Oh, and if youre wondering what I look like (or if it helps)
    http://wannabebigforums.com/attachme...chmentid=14959
    Last edited by UnoDenero; 02-17-2005 at 04:33 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

You're eating healthy but are you eating enough? are you one of those that has fast metabolism?

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    At 14 I am willing to bet it is.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

To bench 155?
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    You're taking creatine and you just turned 14?

yeah, and i am cool with it. My body takes it well, and creatine doesnt cause any long time damage that im aware of. Anways, yeah im eating as much as I can before I get full. Should I force myself to eat when I'm full?

wow i need to start taking creatine, benching 130 at 13/14 is impressive.

Uno, eat as much as you comfortable can(without stuffing your face), wait 20-25mins, and eat again.
    Repeat this all day long, taking a break to workout. Watch yourself grow.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    I wish I was that dedicated
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

..uhhh, as far as i know, 14 year olds shouldnt take creatine.also, it can cause long term damage to yer kidneys, if you take it for a loooooong time. still, 14 is pretty young to be taking supplements in which the long term affects are not known

Edit: Please do not make uneducated statements.
    Last edited by Adam; 02-18-2005 at 08:22 PM.

Ya i suggest taking that creatine out of yoru diet im 15 i dont take anything and i dont feel i need it. I just eat like crazy and stuff myself . If you need the whey protein to reach what amount you need i say take it but the supplements themselves what make you huge.
    Started Weight - 130
    Current Weight - 171 as of 2\18\05 WOOHOO
    GOAL - 175-180

Height - 5'6

My jornal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=61203

Why the frown, Uno? You can bench more than I can and I'm over double your age. Keep up the good work. and yes, my bench is teh suck.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Banned
    Ohhh ****...I was gonna start taking creatine...im 14...not a good thing I got some people saying take it and other saying avoid it...so Im at a loss for words...

www.absolute-creatine.com
    read it and THEN post please

The frown is because although I know I bench more than the average 14 year old, I feel as if I should be benching more because of my weight, then again I am 5'10 so... Also, seeing all you guys benching 200 and what not makes me feel weak, even though I realize that you guys are older and more experienced.
    Anyways, I feel like 150 lbs is a relatively good goal, that is, if I keep eating like I am

Banned
    pound down the cals. man...I hate forcing myself to eat but you gotta do it...Gotta go waffles are done...lol

Alot of the people here are around your age not alot but a few such as my self
    Started Weight - 130
    GOAL - 175-180

Height - 5'6

My jornal

Maybe 6 are of my age. Everyone else is 16 and above.

Its about the naked thing! FireBug's Avatar
    Uno, goals at your age (especially BW goals) are very hard to guess, you could have a growth spurt and destroy it, without doing much.

I would make you goals more short term, i.e increase your bench by 2-3 reps a week or 5lbs whichever comes first. Eat as much as you can in a day (healthy), you are at the stage in your life, where you body wants to grow, so feed it and you will see results fast.

Drop the creatine, or atleast cycle it when you have plautued not as a regular thing.
    Stats:
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 198lbs
    Current Cycle: Cut

Goals|Current
    ATF Squat: 350lbs|315X2
    DB Bench: 120|105X4
    DL: 450|345x8

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz981
    Ohhh ****...I was gonna start taking creatine...im 14...not a good thing I got some people saying take it and other saying avoid it...so Im at a loss for words...
    Do some research and then make your own decision. I'm sure you will decide there is nothing wrong with creatine supplementation at your age.

LOL, I like the edit Adam.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    200 lbs is a good goal to have.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Your goals shouldnt be determined by anyone else other than yourself, if you think you can get 150 then shoot for it...if you think you can get more, then work your @ss off for it...

my first goal was to be able to bench a 45 on each side then it was to bench 2 45's on each side, now its to bench 3 45's on each side. the only way you can accomplish anything is to believe in yourself. there are 14 year olds pushin up way more than what guys double their age do.
    CLEAN BULKIN' LIKE A VULKIN'!!

18 years old
    180lbs

Bench--300lbs (as of 2/23/07)
    Deads--415lbs (as of 2/20/07)

Banned
    Damn right...I don't mean to get off subject but I'm having a rough time getting my bench past 210 almost got 215...Sorry guys I bitch to anyone that will listen and if you won't I still bitch...

Eat alot and lift hard.
    Started Weight - 130
    GOAL - 175-180

Height - 5'6

My jornal

Banned
    my friend just turned 14 n he benches 220 Hes like 5'9 200-220, plays hockey n football and is faster than ****, its amazing for his size......

to be honest that goal is quite low only 20lbs from now till the end of this year... if you committed and of course doing it right you should be able to do more if not a lot more than that.. everyones here has given good advice just keep eating and lifting regularly and you will meet your goals faster than you think.. i mean youve already got most "average" 14year olds beat so that may mean you have good genetics to start with and an automatic advantage...

good luck
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659