The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arnold Classic Predictions

Who is your pick for the winner of the 2005 Arnold Classic?

Who I think will win: Gustavo Badell
    Badell took 3rd at the Olympia, coming out of nowhere it would seem. Gustavo is saying he will be adding 9 pounds on to his Olympia form.

Who I would like to win: Art Atwood
    Art is a monster however, Atwood was not even able to qualify for Olympia, and has suffered from a hamstring inury I believe. Chances of Art placing well at all is not so good, but I think the guy is bad ass and deserves a notable victory.

Here is the lineup for the 2005 Arnold Classic:
    Troy Alves, Melvin Anthony, Art Atwood, Gustavo Badell, Darrem Charles, Chris Cormier, Mark Dugdale, Toney Freeman, Dexter Jackson, King Kamali, Victor Martinez, Lee Priest, Frank Roberson, Craig Titus and Idrise Ward-EL.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    I believe Lee priest is going to bring something to the table. Gustavo is obviously the favorite. But I think Dexter will be taking it home if Lee Doesn't make good on his promises.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore
    I believe Lee priest is going to bring something to the table. Gustavo is obviously the favorite. But I think Dexter will be taking it home if Lee Doesn't make good on his promises.
    Has Lee ever won anything?

Doesent Lee have like a Night of Champions victory maybe?

err three time olympia finalist, 2nd at the Ironman, and 4th at and Arnold Classic for Lee Priest still not sure on Night of Champions thing.

Lee skipped the Olympia to focus on the Arnold.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    err three time olympia finalist, 2nd at the Ironman, and 4th at and Arnold Classic for Lee Priest still not sure on Night of Champions thing.
    That's better than I thought, but the fact remains he still hasn't won anything. Not like it's his fault, but he's just too damn short. The field would have to be exceptionally weak for him to ever win a contest imo.

Being short is one thing, and running your mouth is another lol. Priest would fare better if he didn't bad mouth ifbb so much.

Preist is looking pretty damn good right now. I hope I'm not breaking any rules by linking to another forum.

http://www.graphicmuscle.com/forum/s...3&MessageID=28
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Banned
    I have to agree, he IS looking good right now. Those pics are quite impressive.

The thing is it's common knowledge in bbing that if you take 2 guys of equal size (in relation to their height) the taller guy will ALWAYS look better. Yeah, yeah, symmetry matters too, but unless we're talking Markus Ruhl then most pros are fairly symmetrical anyway so that becomes moot. He looks great, but I'm sure at least half of his competition does too...and they're all 4+ inches taller than him.

I wager he will be top 3.
    Between Dexter geting raped,Gustavo coming out of nowhere and Lee taking time off to prepare.It's anybody's game.

Preist looks ****ing awesome!

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

:withstupi best shape i seen him in in along time.. but i would like dexter to win..
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

I have always been a Lee fan, so if he comes in top shape I'll be rooting for him.

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Quote Originally Posted by Vido
    I have to agree, he IS looking good right now. Those pics are quite impressive.

The thing is it's common knowledge in bbing that if you take 2 guys of equal size (in relation to their height) the taller guy will ALWAYS look better. Yeah, yeah, symmetry matters too, but unless we're talking Markus Ruhl then most pros are fairly symmetrical anyway so that becomes moot. He looks great, but I'm sure at least half of his competition does too...and they're all 4+ inches taller than him.
    If the 2 guys are equal height.....then noone is taller.

He looks awesome but it seems these guys look a lot better 4 weeks out than they do on comp day.
    Last edited by Maki Riddington; 02-12-2005 at 12:22 PM.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Grasshoppa
    Yah, I did a double take on that post too. Equal height, yet taller will win. I'm going to assume he meant similar instead of equal.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Damn lee looks awesome in those pics...is that the best he has looked? he looks much bigger then usual

He's saying if you compare their size in relation to their height- i.e., if they're the same size, and you compare their heights- the taller will prevail.

Tricky wording, but I'll.. please.. Vido if I'm wrong.

(..please be wrong, please be wrong! )
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

Quote Originally Posted by rookiebldr
    I have always been a Lee fan, so if he comes in top shape I'll be rooting for him.
    :withstupi
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Just crazy being that big at such a short stature.

bone crusher
    wow lee priest looks absolutely disgusting! (ie he'll probably win)

That vascularization is rediculous!

Disgusting in a great way.

Priest is looking good now, however he will not place 1st, top three definately though.

Gustavo pics from jan. 29 4 weeks out from the Ironman.

http://www.getbig.com/news/2005-01/012905badell.htm